I'm Not One To Cry About The Media Ignoring The Falcons.........

Peyton

And I'm not going to here....... But I do want to point out ridiculously hilarious it is that Jason Cole can write a 2000 word peice on yesterday's football games without even mentioning the Atlanta Falcons......at all.

Dude even has Arizona and New Orleans mentioned in his "Winners" segment.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--week-15-winners-losers--one-boneheaded-move-aside--packers-look-like-a-smart-super-bowl-pick-032329949.html

The disregard is strong with this one.

And I'm not going to there...... But I do want to point out ridiculously hilarious it is that Jason Cole can write a 2000 word peice on yesterday's football games without even mentioning the Atlanta Falcons......at all.

Dude even has Arizona and New Orleans mentioned in his "Winners" segment.

http://sports.yahoo....-032329949.html

The disregard is strong with this one.

But you did, hence the purpose of this thread.

I figured I'd skim his article to see how blatant it was. You should've mentioned he dedicated 158 words to our game yesterday...without mentioning us in it. LMAO!

It's unfortunate that the New York Giants couldn't come up with a better effort in light of their hope to honor the victims of the Newtown tragedy. From a football perspective, the Giants' playoffs hopes are in jeopardy with two games to go. The biggest issue with the Giants is they don't consistently play with urgency and often need to have a fire lit under them. After getting off to a 6-2 start and seemingly having the division under control, the Giants have slogged along to lose four of their past six. The two victories were dominating efforts against Green Bay and New Orleans, but they then suffered the most-lopsided loss ever by a defending Super Bowl champion. The primary reason is Eli Manning, who has seven interceptions and eight touchdowns in that six-game stretch. One of the big problems Sunday was New York's failure to convert two fourth-and-1 situations in the first half after falling behind 17-0.

I figured I'd skim his article to see how blatant it was. You should've mentioned he dedicated 158 words to our game yesterday...without mentioning us in it. LMAO!

It's unfortunate that the New York Giants couldn't come up with a better effort in light of their hope to honor the victims of the Newtown tragedy. From a football perspective, the Giants' playoffs hopes are in jeopardy with two games to go. The biggest issue with the Giants is they don't consistently play with urgency and often need to have a fire lit under them. After getting off to a 6-2 start and seemingly having the division under control, the Giants have slogged along to lose four of their past six. The two victories were dominating efforts against Green Bay and New Orleans, but they then suffered the most-lopsided loss ever by a defending Super Bowl champion. The primary reason is Eli Manning, who has seven interceptions and eight touchdowns in that six-game stretch. One of the big problems Sunday was New York's failure to convert two fourth-and-1 situations in the first half after falling behind 17-0.

Yes, that took a special kind of effort I think.

TAKE FIVE

1. Back in late October, Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White admitted that in light of their shoddy playoff record in recent years, "we're just regular-season warriors" until proven otherwise. Don't be so quick to dismiss Atlanta (12-2) as a Super Bowl contender, however. In response to last Sunday's lackluster defeat to Carolina, the Falcons rolled to a 34-0 victory over the Giants, essentially reversing the outcome of the two teams' playoff clash last January. In other words, the Regular Season Warriors took a major step. "Lol yea we did," White said via text Sunday evening. "Confidence booster for the whole team."

2. We've all been assuming that the Giants, who own impressive wins over the 49ers and Packers, will be able to shift into get-serious mode when they need to – as with last season – and make an honest run at defending their championship. Technically, it can still happen. After Sunday's debacle at the Georgia Dome, however, we should all strongly consider the possibility that we've been duped. They're just not that good.

Finally, someone wrote about the Falcons ---- Michael Silver article on yahoo...

http://sports.yahoo....-102723478.html

Edited by falcon_owns_nfc_south

TAKE FIVE

1. Back in late October, Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White admitted that in light of their shoddy playoff record in recent years, "we're just regular-season warriors" until proven otherwise. Don't be so quick to dismiss Atlanta (12-2) as a Super Bowl contender, however. In response to last Sunday's lackluster defeat to Carolina, the Falcons rolled to a 34-0 victory over the Giants, essentially reversing the outcome of the two teams' playoff clash last January. In other words, the Regular Season Warriors took a major step. "Lol yea we did," White said via text Sunday evening. "Confidence booster for the whole team."

2. We've all been assuming that the Giants, who own impressive wins over the 49ers and Packers, will be able to shift into get-serious mode when they need to – as with last season – and make an honest run at defending their championship. Technically, it can still happen. After Sunday's debacle at the Georgia Dome, however, we should all strongly consider the possibility that we've been duped. They're just not that good.

Finally, someone wrote about the Falcons ---- Michael Silver article on yahoo...

http://sports.yahoo....-102723478.html

Coincidentally, Silver was the only Yahoo writer who picked Atlanta in this game.

not even sure if I was in media Falcons were a top 3 story from yesterday football Sunday

- AP chasing record is #1 .. he is special

- Russel Wilson rookie season and how he has shot to win ROY over Luck/ RG3

-49ers vs Pats game

that is what I saw from yesterday NFL action for water cooler talk

Yesterday, I told the husband and wife who sit next to me during the games, "You just wait. Tomorrow you're not going to be reading about the Falcons, but about 'What's wrong with the Giants?'."

Actually some positive articles today about the Falcons, but most of the sports writers know where the corporate headquarters are located.

not even sure if I was in media Falcons were a top 3 story from yesterday football Sunday

-49ers vs Pats game

Hmmm. Ok.

Do you think they were a bigger story than the New Orleans Saints? How about the Arizona Cardinals?

-49ers vs Pats game

I really have no problem with that but some of these individuals seem to be blatantly ignoring the Atlanta falcons.

Hmmm. Ok.

Do you think they were a bigger story than the New Orleans Saints? How about the Arizona Cardinals?

of course we should be but I don't take yahoo as must read media outlet

I bet Falcons will be mentioned on Around the horn / PTI and I'm sure Peter King Monday article

will give props . I'm certain . That was a impressive win

No one talks around the water cooler ? Did you read that Yahoo article lol

Falcons should and will get their props . It was a impressive dominant win

of course we should be but I don't take yahoo as must read media outlet

I bet Falcons will be mentioned on Around the horn / PTI and I'm sure Peter King Monday article

will give props . I'm certain . That was a impressive win

No one talks around the water cooler ? Did you read that Yahoo article lol

Falcons should and will get their props . It was a impressive dominant win

Hey I understand yesterday was a BIG day in football. Incredible number of big games. But the Falcons game was one of them.

Peter King

Atlanta, and Atlantans, feel better about themselves this morning. Sunday showcased the Indian Summer Matt Ryan, who was dominant against the Giants with a 23-of-28, three-touchdown day. Much needed, after five mediocre weeks for the Falcons. With the 34-0 win over the Giants, Atlanta showed the kind of explosiveness and defensive pressure the Falcons will have to have to beat explosive teams like Green Bay and San Francisco (and maybe Seattle) in the playoffs. Ryan said afterward the atmosphere around practice was “tense — well, not tense, but intense, and that was good. We needed that. There was an edge to practice, like, ‘This isn’t good enough.’ ” Ryan now has four weapons he relies on in the passing game, with slot receiver Harry Douglas (27 targets in the last six games) earning more of the offense’s trust, and Tony Gonzalez continuing to be Mr. Reliable. In the last four games, he’s caught 23 of the 26 balls Ryan’s thrown his way. “Tony’s willingness to work on his game in his 16th year in an inspiration to me,” said Ryan, “and I see him do it every day.”

I will say this in defense of Jason Cole. He might be a neglectful ******, but he didn't single out the Falcons for neglect.

The guy didn't mention at all the Steelers / Cowboys game in his article, and that is bizarre for 3 reasons:

1. It was a critical game for both teams playoff chances.

2. It was an effing epic fantastic football game.

3. Those are by far the most popular teams in America.

So....as far as journalism fail goes, not mentioning that game was probably a bigger oversight than not mentioning the Falcons.