Really? Abandon The Dome And It's Winning Heritage?

Nono

As I was watching the Falcons pummel the Giants and quiet all the carpetbaggers in my section, I started wondering why we were going to walk away from the Ga. Dome? I know there is a finanacial rational but over the last 4 or 5 years I think we have lost 5 games at the Dome(?)

The winning tradition and noise are reasons to keep the dome and put a new roof on it. You can't make that kind of echo crowd noise in an open stadium. It must freak out opposing teams cause it gets loud on third downs.

I find it hard to believe the Ga World Congress Center wouldn't bow down to Arthur Blank and renegotiate the contracts on concessions and parking.

BTW the food is over priced and sucks---why is it so god dam hard to serve decent food???

Edited by Nono

I love the dome... really dont see a problem with it. But I also understand the business side of things. In the long run...this will make us a better team and Atlanta and the great state of GA better too!

I hope they keep the same name! Georgia Dome just has a nice ring to it...

It isn't really our choice. I think the majority of Falcon fans and certainly the vast majority of people in Atlanta would vote it down if it were to be left to us. The team will play in a new stadium though and it will either be the one in negotiations now or Mr. Blank will build an open air stadium on the suburbs on his own. Our choice will be to either continue to support the team or not support the team. I did not want the dome and was quite happy with the old AFCS, but I got used to the dome. Once the team moves, I am sure I'll get used to the new stadium too.