Turner?

falcndave

The OL had a little to do with it.

I just can't quit Turner this year. Its obvious when the Oline does their job and the right call is made he still does well. I am not saying great and I am not saying keep him after the year. I am saying though when blocks are made and the correct calls are made he still does his job.

I just can't quit Turner this year. Its obvious when the Oline does their job and the right call is made he still does well. I am not saying great and I am not saying keep him after the year. I am saying though when blocks are made and the correct calls are made he still does his job.

This is where I am at. I don't think he is a world beater, but if the line can stalemate the defense and he can bring the power like he did today, he could be a factor in the post season.

And I say that not because I think turners bad, I just know what turner is. You should never hand it to a guy that rushes for 2 or 3 yards on his good plays, negative one or two on his bad ones and on the great ones, runs where any other back would go the distance ala peterson, lynch, or any running back when they see daylight, turner then rushes for 25 or 30 and gets tracked down from behind.

You are very limited also because he doesn't have homerun speed, cant beat anyone to any edge, cant effectively burn anyone in the screen game, so all you have with him is an essential short yardage back eating up carries on an explosive team.

Doesn't make sense at all?

I know everyone here is sensative because we associate the name turner with our first back to back seasons, first playoff runs and divisional dominance in recent memory, but in all reality he was essential early on in matts maturation and taking the pressure off, but now he limits our offensive fire power significantly.

That is the harsh reality, and if you don't honestly see that, then your yourself are biased with your love affair with mike turner.

Does that mean he is bad? NOPE not at all, he is still worthy of a roster spot and used correctly can be hugely effective and an asset. But when we are trying to score and we are spreading the ball around, he has no business on that field.