Wow.. Time To Break Another History Record Against Giants

The Giants have not lost to the Falcons in Atlanta since 1978

New York Giants (5) at Atlanta Falcons (6):This matchup features one of those crazy historical streaks that always seem too outrageous to be real. The Giants have not lost to the Falcons in Atlanta since 1978. They don’t play all that often, but it’s almost inconceivable that as the home team the Falcons haven’t beaten the Giants since Jimmy Carter was President and almost none of the combatants in this game were born yet.

I never know which way to go with these things. As a student of history, I am programmed to respect the streak and all the tradition and imperative that it brings. Yet I am also cynical enough to believe that this sort of historical anomaly is destined to end. This is the best Falcons team since the ’98 Super Bowl team, which happened to beat the Giants in New York. I feel like the Falcons got their bad game out of the way, just as these Giants periodically cough up the inexplicable hairball. I’m going to turn away from the 34 years of historical precedent and go with the bold new future. Atlanta 34, New York 30

Read more:http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2221/20121213/football_meteorology_for_week_15/#ixzz2FDuopwxZ

The Giants have not lost to the Falcons in Atlanta since 1978

New York Giants (5) at Atlanta Falcons (6):This matchup features one of those crazy historical streaks that always seem too outrageous to be real. The Giants have not lost to the Falcons in Atlanta since 1978. They don’t play all that often, but it’s almost inconceivable that as the home team the Falcons haven’t beaten the Giants since Jimmy Carter was President and almost none of the combatants in this game were born yet.

I never know which way to go with these things. As a student of history, I am programmed to respect the streak and all the tradition and imperative that it brings. Yet I am also cynical enough to believe that this sort of historical anomaly is destined to end. This is the best Falcons team since the ’98 Super Bowl team, which happened to beat the Giants in New York. I feel like the Falcons got their bad game out of the way, just as these Giants periodically cough up the inexplicable hairball. I’m going to turn away from the 34 years of historical precedent and go with the bold new future. Atlanta 34, New York 30

Read more:http://football.real.../#ixzz2FDuopwxZ

is asante and moore playing today? D has to step up big time, Nolan has to bring something totally different to the giants today

If d plays like it did last week and the o waits till 3rd quarter to start playing ,we will be embarrassed in the dome