Jermicheal Finley? Thoughts?

stldirtybird

My thought?.....if he thinks he is low on the totem pole now.....how do you think he will react on a team with TWO number one wrs that are already 2 of the most targeted wrs in the league and that is with a sure fire hall of famer at the position finley plays right now......yeah let's say its not what what he is looking for.

Saying that...if his attitude was different and he accepts he would be nothing more than 3 at best

Then sure why not.

I'll pass, he drops the ball too much, talks too much (without backing it up) & how do you have a beef with a QB like Rodgers, who throws the ball 40+ times on a regular, James Jones has proven that if you can get remotely open Rodgers will throw it to you, so for a QB like that to give up on you means it won't be any better here. No thanks

I'm right in the heart of Packer country here so I get to see (and unfortunately hear) a lot from this guy and while Finley has an incredible amount of talent (when his head is on straight, he can dominate football games) he is rarely focused enough to get anywhere near fulfilling that. Any guy who p!sses and moans about catching passes from one of the best QBs in the league on one of the best passing teams in the league has very little chance of ever being happy anywhere. You know though, getting cut can be a pretty humbling experience and maybe that would be enough to ground him and get his head right. If Gonzo does retire as planned, I would have no problem bringing this guy in to compete for the spot, if it doesn't work out, big deal. If it does, you have a big, young, speedy tight end who would fit this offense very well. IMO drops are mostly mental anyway, and if he can figure things out he could be a special TE...