Jermichael Finley?

OC

What do you think? Worth a look?

http://profootballta...ys-with-finley/

Report: Packers to part ways with Finley

A year ago, the Packers and Jermichael Finley were posturing for a tussle regarding whether the looming decision to use the franchise tag would result in compensation paid to a tight end or a receiver. Now, the team is making plans for a divorce.

Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers have decided to part ways with Finley after the season.

He could be cut, he could be traded. A $3 million roster bonus comes due on the 15th day of the new league year, which begins in March. Since trades can’t happen until the first day of the new league year, the Packers will have a two-week window for finding a trade partner.

Though it could be hard to get someone to trade for the one-year, $7 million remaining on the contract that the parties signed in February, the Packers possibly will be able to ship Finley to a team that would then sign him to a long-term deal.

Either way, Finley soon won’t have to worry about his lack of chemistry with quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by OC

Beat me to it as well. Well he has REALLY REALLY dropped his play the last couple of years. Still young and showed big time talent. I'm kind ugh on this position. Would the "risk" be worth it? Yeah I think so if its a moderate deal. 2-3 year deal with heavy incentives. I would rather go the FA route on a TE anyways. All depends on Gonzo. Hope he comes back for a year or two.

Guest Negatorris

Is Cook FA any time soon?

Yep, after this year I believe. And I don't believe he'll resign with TEN because he tried to get traded earlier in the season, and they hardly even use him.

Guest Negatorris

i wonder how much it would cost to sign him. Gonzo for one more year with Cook would be great.

Just looked it up, and his current contract is 4 years, 2.4 mil. He's a FA after this season, so we could get him cheap. He shouldn't ask for much more.

Edit: Also just saw that he was just put on IR with a rotator cuff injury. Don't know how it'll effect his play after surgery.

Guest Negatorris

Dude runs a sub 4.5

TE with WR speed. Kinda like Vernon Davis. Cook is very talented.

I think Martellus Bennet is a FA too, but I doubt the Giants let him go. They like him in NY.

Yep, after this year I believe. And I don't believe he'll resign with TEN because he tried to get traded earlier in the season, and they hardly even use him.

Cook is my choice for TE after this season. His biggest flaw is poor blocking but that can be addressed and TG isn't exactly a road grader either. Plus, Cook is a GA native, so "bring him home TD" actually fits here. Also, grabbing a FA TE will free up the draft for other things. I actually hope we get our TE, LB (Daryl Smith), and possibly OG in FA, so we can focus on RB/DL in the draft. That, imo, would be ideal. We could even draft a blocking TE late if we had to, since they're not as hard to come by.

My stone cold FA Lock...Jared Cook will be an Atlanta Falcon. Bank on it.

We just paid Gonzo 8 Million for ONE year, we can get Cook for 12 million/4 Years. Saves us Money

He's a Georgia Boy.

TG will do some recruiting.

And he looks eerily similar to Alge Crumpler

Bank on it.

Edited by RubberDucky

Guest Negatorris

Cook is my choice for TE after this season. His biggest flaw is poor blocking but that can be addressed and TG isn't exactly a road grader either. Plus, Cook is a GA native, so "bring him home TD" actually fits here. Also, grabbing a FA TE will free up the draft for other things. I actually hope we get our TE, LB (Daryl Smith), and possibly OG in FA, so we can focus on RB/DL in the draft. That, imo, would be ideal. We could even draft a blocking TE late if we had to, since they're not as hard to come by.

My stone cold FA Lock...Jared Cook will be an Atlanta Falcon. Bank on it.

We just paid Gonzo 8 Million for ONE year, we can get Cook for 12 million/4 Years. Saves us Money

He's a Georgia Boy.

TG will do some recruiting.

And he looks eerily similar to Alge Crumpler

Bank on it.

I agree.

I just hope they don't put the franchise tag on him.