Lets Face It, Tomorrow Means Nothing.

joeyf714

As much as id love to beat the Giants tomorrow, the game really is a no win situation , yet again for the Falcons. If we win? are we gona change anyones opinion about us?? NO...

They all will still say, hey thats great that they won but , lets see them do it in January.

If we lose? well then its par for the course for the Falcons and everyone will all predict we are going out after our first game.

So its a really crappy situation to be in. That being said, just from the standpoint of clinching home field i want to see us win tomorrow.

I hate the fact that just because we are 0-3 in the playoffs with this regime, that weve now become the Buffalo Bills of the first round. Its seriously unfair. That first playoff win next month is going to feel like winning the Super Bowl because that extremely large monkey will be off our backs. Thats why i truely believe if we win 1 playoff game? we will win 3 and bring home the Lombardi trophy..

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win tomorrow, it would be sweet vengeance to help keep a team out of the playoffs that knocked you out. The media will make excuses for the Giants if they win. If falcons lose they will say it was because the Giants are a better team. I find it funny now. Whats the one excuse they used earlier in the season?? Eli's arm was tired..........hahahaha, that media...........

It means a lot to boost team confidence going into the playoff... Giants got a physical DL and one of the BEST in the NFC.. if our OL prove to handle that tomorrow, it'd do a wonder for this team....

thats a nice thought, but its a fantasy. Winning tomorrow wouldnt " boost our confidence" im sorry. its YET ANOTHER reg season win at home, against a good team. im pretty sure weve been doing that the last 3 years with no real problem. Dont get me wrong , i have about 20 friends that are giant fans that are itching to shut me up tomorrow so i really want a win. but when its over if we do win? its still not going to make me or the team any more confident we will win in January...

It means something for the team's psyche and confidence going into the playoffs. A win would do wonders.

^^ This ^^

The last 3 playoff losses have to weight on the mind of the players, and ts tought to ignore the media hatred when they all keep saying tha we have zero chance.

We need this game to prove to ourselves that we can beat a top NFC team. More significantly, i think that a big loss tomorrow would probably have a devastating effect on the confidence of this team as it enters the playoffs.

thats a nice thought, but its a fantasy. Winning tomorrow wouldnt " boost our confidence" im sorry. its YET ANOTHER reg season win at home, against a good team. im pretty sure weve been doing that the last 3 years with no real problem. Dont get me wrong , i have about 20 friends that are giant fans that are itching to shut me up tomorrow so i really want a win. but when its over if we do win? its still not going to make me or the team any more confident we will win in January...

It kind of sounds like you are preparing your pysche for a loss by telling yourself it don't mean much if we lose. We have to win two more games to clinch home field throughout so it actually does mean alot because U don't want to have it come down to the last two games

I think it's important but I think the level of importance is debatable. If in the unfortunate event we lose, for me it will be more about how we lost than losing. We get embarrassed by them again then it will be a tough pill to swallow. We lose a close one, it won't kill me. I do want to win and I think we should win. It is our house and our crowd after all.

I'll agree that we don't really don't know what it means to the playoffs start.

But...if the Falcons get blasted tomorrow and then go one and done in the playoffs, we'll look back at this game the same way we did the New Orleans game last year, as they obvious sign the Falcons weren't really ready to contend.

It kind of sounds like you are preparing your pysche for a loss by telling yourself it don't mean much if we lose. We have to win two more games to clinch home field throughout so it actually does mean alot because U don't want to have it come down to the last two games

Go look at our schedule the last 3 years bro. We beat GB the same year they beat us in the playoffs. So im sure after we won that game our " psyche" was sky high, and whered we wind up??? so, im just saying stop being so quick to think that professionals need wins like this to help their mental state. Every game, every week in the nfl is its own entity. These guys have short memories. If u really think that in January when we are playing a playoff game that ANY of the guys or coaches on this team will be thinking " hey we are going to win today because we beat the Giants 4 weeks ago" well then i dont know what to say.....

Guest Negatorris

And there is another meaning too.....if the Falcons lose tomorrow, especially if it's bad, it will mean this message board will be an incredibly miserable place to be.

It already has been since we stopped winning easily.