If You Are Really Concerned About The Falcons Season....

I'm at work this morning and the guys at the station are all talking crap about their teams. Mostly Raider fans, a few 49ers, couple Giants, Jets, cowboys and myself the lone Falcon's fan. The Giants fans were talking much crap and laying it on thick! You know how sometimes it's so much talk you're kind of getting pissed. A couple of the guys went too far and made some comments...thing were said and guys were mad at each other....Then a News break shooting in Conn. football talk ceases and everyone is glued to the TV after a couple hours and the talk of 20 kids being dead.

Now I work with some pretty hardcore ego-maniacs, fire fighters can be that way. After awhile some of the guys have tears in their eyes. The thought of dead children really put things in perspective. I realized something...the best memories of my childhood was watching football with my dad (he wasn't much of a dad outside of that) but that was what I had. Win or lose its the time we spend watching the game and hanging out that matters. Many parents were robbed of any future with their children today. Guys enjoy each other while you can, life is precious.

I'm at work this morning and the guys at the station are all talking crap about their teams. Mostly Raider fans, a few 49ers, couple Giants, Jets, cowboys and myself the lone Falcon's fan. The Giants fans were talking much crap and laying it on thick! You know how sometimes it's so much talk you're kind of getting pissed. A couple of the guys went too far and made some comments...thing were said and guys were mad at each other....Then a News break shooting in Conn. football talk ceases and everyone is glued to the TV after a couple hours and the talk of 20 kids being dead.

Now I work with some pretty hardcore ego-maniacs, fire fighters can be that way. After awhile some of the guys have tears in their eyes. The thought of dead children really put things in perspective. I realized something...the best memories of my childhood was watching football with my dad (he wasn't much of a dad outside of that) but that was what I had. Win or lose its the time we spend watching the game and hanging out that matters. Many parents were robbed of any future with their children today. Guys enjoy each other while you can, life is precious.

you said it all brother

You're right bud, I have two little girls of my own and I would walk through **** and back to keep from having to experience what some parents had to deal with today. The world has changed so much and sadly it's not for the better. I hope everyone that was touched by this event can find some amount of peace and comfort.