Equal Blame, If Not More Blame, Should Be Directed At Espn Than Parker

BlazerHarvard

People need to stop directing all of the blame towards Parker.

I'm not going to argue against the idiocy of what was said, but Parker's comments stemmed from a broader segment that was a result of RG3's quote on being African-American. ESPN knew what they were doing when they made this a topic, as they always want the pot to be stirred by all - namely Bayless and Smith - on the show.

Additionally, they *DO* have pre-show meetings where they discuss each of these topics beforehand.

Last of all, ESPN included Parker's comments on the "Best of First Take" show that reduces the two-hour, morning show down to a 30-minute show that includes all of the "buzzworthy" quotes. Then ESPN wants to go and suspend Parker today on account of his comments, even though they contributed to the buzz by re-airing the comments and allowing a racial topic to be discussed on First Take when Parker likely made it clear what he was going to get at during the pre-show meeting.

Even though Parker is a moron for still saying it, ESPN is equally, if not more, at fault than Parker here.

They allow this to happen, re-air his comments, then suspend him indefinitely.

**** ESPN.

Edited by BlazerQuaker

People need to stop directing all of the blame towards Parker.

I'm not going to argue against the idiocy of what was said, but Parker's comments stemmed from a broader segment that was a result of RG3's quote on being African-American. ESPN knew what they were doing when they made this a topic, as they always want the pot to be stirred by all - namely Bayless and Smith - on the show.

Additionally, they *DO* have pre-show meetings where they discuss each of these topics beforehand.

Last of all, ESPN included Parker's comments on the "Best of First Take" show that reduces the two-hour, morning show down to a 30-minute show that includes all of the "buzzworthy" quotes. Then ESPN wants to go and suspend Parker today on account of his comments, even though they contributed to the buzz by re-airing the comments and allowing a racial topic to be discussed on First Take when Parker likely made it clear what he was going to get at during the pre-show meeting.

Even though Parker is a moron for still saying it, ESPN is equally, if not more, at fault than Parker here.

They allow this to happen, re-air his comments, then suspend him indefinitely.

**** ESPN.

Rob Parker,jr,is that you?

I think ESPN's daytime programing is some of the most ridiculous garbage I have ever seen, featuring some of the biggest morons on television. I.E. Skip, Rob Parker, and Stephen A.

I would really hope the biggest sports entity could get some people with a little more brains.

When you become moderator, maybe then you can do something about it.

Wah. sad.png

Your comments come in mid thought without any background or context. Someone stumbling across this thread, not knowing what is going on would be confused. They ask what's going on, then you explain, and basically we have a duplicate thread from before. Lots of good (and bad) posts in that other thread. Your comments are relevant, but I felt they could get lost without the context of what happened, which was explained already in the other one.

Your comments come in mid thought without any background or context. Someone stumbling across this thread, not knowing what is going on would be confused. They ask what's going on, then you explain, and basically we have a duplicate thread from before. Lots of good (and bad) posts in that other thread. Your comments are relevant, but I felt they could get lost without the context of what happened, which was explained already in the other one.

The other thread is 9 pages long. There is a good chance that his post gets completely lost and unread there.

Yeah, you're right. It only occurred 24 hours ago. On ESPN.

Nobody has heard the comments or seen the media firestorm that subsequently ensued.

The only way they could possibly know the context is by reading the 9-page, 164-post thread that you're referring to.

Mah B, bro.

Mah B.

Edited by BlazerQuaker

Yeah, you're right. It only occurred 24 hours ago. On ESPN.

Nobody has heard the comments or seen the media firestorm that subsequently ensued.

The only way they could possibly know the context is by reading the 9-page, 164-post thread that you're referring to.

Mah B, bro.

Mah B.

Being an attention whore is really your only goal, and sadly, I gave you that attention you so desperately craze. My bad. Later.

Being an attention whore is really your only goal, and sadly, I gave you that attention you so desperately craze. My bad. Later.

Yup, everyone knows that me and my 1.87 posts per day really get around.

You've already posted 4 times within this thread, so....

5 responses me love you long time?

Edited by BlazerQuaker

Just because you have trouble staying focused or reading a thread that extends beyond a page or two, doesn't mean the rest of the board has to be dumbed down to your level, champ.

#1 - I am, without a doubt, smarter than you.

#2 - I was stating a fact. Random posts on long threads often get ignored. But since you like to disagree with facts, I guess that makes me stupid.

#3 - As usual, you're trying too hard to be cool. Trust me, you're not. Calling me "champ". Yeah, that's so fresh and original.

Keep on tossing out insults from the 90's if it makes you feel better, Ace.

And deservedly so.

Quality posts get ignored here all the time, a troll post such as this would have garnered plenty of attention without it's own thread.

I was just pointing out a fact to Bill Brasky. He has a history of disagreeing with facts and then insulting people. He's probably the toughest guy on the internet.

I was just pointing out a fact to Bill Brasky. He has a history of disagreeing with facts and then insulting people. He's probably the toughest guy on the internet.

This couldn't be further from the truth. You're just upset I called you out months ago for a blatently moronic statement and then told you to stop pm'ing me after you continued your butthurt towards me weeks later over PM. You're just mad that someone pointed out how ignorant you are, and have carried a sandy ****** over it for months now.