Please Pray For The Victims In The Elementary School Shooting In Ct

#1 pick™

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people have to bring their political opinions into something like this? Cant we just leave it at that its a tragic situation.

No we can't just leave it as a tragic situation and nothing more, nothing comes of it if we do that. The implications that someone can walk into an elementary school with an automatic gun deserves our attention and discussion on how to fix this situation so it doesn't happen again.

Ill be leaving this thread because I dont want to turn this into a debate because this is an awful situation. I feel so bad for all the families no innocent child should ever be harmed. Also they just reported none of the weapons were automatic it was a hunting rifle. Truth is bad guys will always find out a way to get what they need.

post-557672-0-75306800-1355510042_thumb.

Edited by DirtyBirdsDirtyWords

It is a preview of coming attractions... this was prolly a nutcase, but when the day of Jihad is unleashed there will be dozens of attacks like these unleashed upon soft targets thruout the nation simutaneously.....the panic will be worse than the events.....we are all still asleep.....you will have to pry my guns out of my cold dead fingers....at this point there needs to be armed National Guard and metal detectors at every school in the country ...how many will it take ?

Why do people have to bring their political opinions into something like this? Cant we just leave it at that its a tragic situation.

Whatever side you are on, we need to have a discussion. Whatever this country is doing, it isn't working. This is exactly the time we need to have a discussion, not the time to avoid it. If we keep having to reset the discussion time clock every time there is a mass shooting, we'll never do anything. This isn't just about gun control, it's about mental health, security, education, domestic violence, and the national climate of fear and paranoia, and who else knows what.

I'm sorry but the best way to honor and respect the victims is to do something in preventing from something like this from happening to other potential victims. Sticking our heads in the sand won't do anything,

We have no idea what the motive was, what the weapons were, where they came from, or how they were acquired, and yes we should avoid speculation. Yes, all of the initial reaction should be for helping the victims, but there is very little we can do from our offices, homes, and schools hundreds of miles away. That said, avoiding the subject is kicking the can down the road. We are going to reach a tipping point in this country when we HAVE to do something. Does anyone want to really wait until something worse happens? Let's just get a rational, national discussion started, and quit coming up with excuses to avoid the subject.

This is very sad news. I have a friend who is an elementary school teacher in Conneticut, and he is in the Danbury area, so I am worried for him as well since I do not know the name of the school he teaches at.

I'm very confused as to how anyone can harm children, or just randomly take innocent peoples lives.

Whatever side you are on, we need to have a discussion. Whatever this country is doing, it isn't working. This is exactly the time we need to have a discussion, not the time to avoid it. If we keep having to reset the discussion time clock every time there is a mass shooting, we'll never do anything. This isn't just about gun control, it's about mental health, security, education, domestic violence, and the national climate of fear and paranoia, and who else knows what.

I'm sorry but the best way to honor and respect the victims is to do something in preventing from something like this from happening to other potential victims. Sticking our heads in the sand won't do anything,

We have no idea what the motive was, what the weapons were, where they came from, or how they were acquired, and yes we should avoid speculation. Yes, all of the initial reaction should be for helping the victims, but there is very little we can do from our offices, homes, and schools hundreds of miles away. That said, avoiding the subject is kicking the can down the road. We are going to reach a tipping point in this country when we HAVE to do something. Does anyone want to really wait until something worse happens? Let's just get a rational, national discussion started, and quit coming up with excuses to avoid the subject.

I would deploy 2 armed active duty National Guard at every school in the country along with metal detectors and fenced gated campuses. same thing with the border, we COULD prevent it, but we DONT .....ACT NOW before the next one, and the imminent day of Jihad that nobody bothers to talk about ......

No we can't just leave it as a tragic situation and nothing more, nothing comes of it if we do that. The implications that someone can walk into an elementary school with an automatic gun deserves our attention and discussion on how to fix this situation so it doesn't happen again.

There is no information -- none whatsoever -- that this shooter used an automatic weapon.

So either you are talking out of your *** or you are trying to make it political.

In either case, just stop. Please.