2cent

Man this guys has the hands and feet of LaDainian Tomlinson, the power of Maurice Jones Drew, the pass blocking ability of a full back and hasn’t fumble the ball since he first got a jersey with his name on the back of it(High School)! Not to mention Turner can’t do any of the above. MIKE SMITH FEATURE THIS GUY, 20 Carries, 5-10 Catches. Let’s go! Man C’mon. He makes defenders look like they was trying to catching a rabbit. And he does it in small spaces. COME OOOON ! Smith. Im going to poke my eye out watching The game if I have to watch Turner Slam into the offensive line aver and over again.

Man this guys has the hands and feet of LaDainian Tomlinson, the power of Maurice Jones Drew, the pass blocking ability of a full back and hasn’t fumble the ball since he first got a jersey with his name on the back of it(High School)! Not to mention Turner can’t do any of the above. MIKE SMITH FEATURE THIS GUY, 20 Carries, 5-10 Catches. Let’s go! Man C’mon. He makes defenders look like they was trying to catching a rabbit. And he does it in small spaces. COME OOOON ! Smith. Im going to poke my eye out watching The game if I have to watch Turner Slam into the offensive line aver and over again.

I agree, but your efforts at persuading Mike Smith ~ even if you were doing it in person ~ is roughly the same as trying to discuss horse racing with a jackass.

Sorry but based on what the op just said quizz is a mixture of the elite backs in the league right now. This is not the case. I think quizz can become a better version of a Danny Woodhead or Kevin Faulk. Meaning he can start at running back but id rather him stay our pass blocking/catching 3rd down back. The good part is if he is considered a third down back he sure is a great one that can also take the full load at times as well. I just rather draft a partner for quizz. One who is more explosive as a breakaway threat.

I will say that the comparison to defenders chasing him like a rabbit is very spot on.

Sorry but based on what the op just said quizz is a mixture of the elite backs in the league right now. This is not the case. I think quizz can become a better version of a Danny Woodhead or Kevin Faulk. Meaning he can start at running back but id rather him stay our pass blocking/catching 3rd down back. The good part is if he is considered a third down back he sure is a great one that can also take the full load at times as well. I just rather draft a partner for quizz. One who is more explosive as a breakaway threat.

I will say that the comparison to defenders chasing him like a rabbit is very spot on.

I agree having a pure "speed-burner" back would be nice, but that would still leave us lacking a power back. Somebody like Turner used to be, able to bust through even a crack in the front line and get four or five yards nine times out of ten, especially in short-yardage situations.

I wanted us to cut Turner and get Doug Martin in the offseason to feature him and Quizz...granted, he went way earlier than I predicted (late 2nd to early 3rd), but can you imagine it? Muscle Hamster and Rodgers would be a fantastic backfield with the weapons we have on pass offense.

That said, not having the first pick this year killed us in a lot of ways, we're hurting for a good O-Line/D-Line. Need to be nasty up front. Still love the Konz pick, but over the offseason, we need to get a guard and TE (cook?) in FA, move Konz to Center, draft RB/DE/LB in the first three rounds. Need might be a strong word...but we'd benefit a lot from that. Could even go BPA if we find other ways to shore up our lines, but an RB is pretty much necessitated since the FA RBs are weak this year (the ones we'd have a shot at anyways).

Or we could get Chris Ivory.

I'm off on a tangent, excuse my sleep-deprived mind

Repeat after me.... not an every down back, not an every down back, not an every down back.....do that over and over till it sinks in. I love Quiz and what he brings to this offense but he is not an every down back and never will be. He's a change of pace from a back like Turner was a few years ago. Unfortunately we have got the Turner we have now and it will be the off season before we can replace him with a more prototypical back to use in tandem with Quiz. You're going to have to live with that.

Repeat after me.... not an every down back, not an every down back, not an every down back.....do that over and over till it sinks in. I love Quiz and what he brings to this offense but he is not an every down back and never will be. He's a change of pace from a back like Turner was a few years ago. Unfortunately we have got the Turner we have now and it will be the off season before we can replace him with a more prototypical back to use in tandem with Quiz. You're going to have to live with that.

A change of pace back? You think 08 Turner was a change of pace back?

There is no evidence suggesting Quizz is simply change of pace, and the fact that you believe 08 Turner was blows my mind

You are just plain dumb. There is more evidence to suggest he can be an every down back than there is against it. In fact, the only evidence you can probably conjure against Quizz being an every down back is that he's not "big" enough, which is such a cop out it's not even funny.

A change of pace back? You think 08 Turner was a change of pace back?

There is no evidence suggesting Quizz is simply change of pace, and the fact that you believe 08 Turner was blows my mind

You missed what I was saying entirely....I didn't mean Turner was change of pace back... Never said that... I was talking about the kind of performance we used to get from Turner a few years ago when he was our every down guy. If Turner still ran like he did a few years ago and we worked Quiz in every few plays, we'd be golden.....Re read my post.

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

You are just plain dumb. There is more evidence to suggest he can be an every down back than there is against it. In fact, the only evidence you can probably conjure against Quizz being an every down back is that he's not "big" enough, which is such a cop out it's not even funny.

You want evidence? Try going back and looking at the Dallas game and watch him get flat out stoned a couple of times when they ran him up the middle. I mean just stopped dead in his tracks even worse than Turner. Dumb is thinking that Quizz is an every down back, that's what dumb is. People want to be rid of Turner so bad (I do too) that they are reaching. For all that Quizz can do well, trying to make him an every down back is a reach.

If you look at what he has done one would actually come to the opposite conclusion. You may want to do some fact checking. The guy has been a superstud everywhere he has ever put on pads. That's pretty obvious. And all that time he was an everydown back who carried his teams. What player are you talking about?

You want evidence? Try going back and looking at the Dallas game and watch him get flat out stoned a couple of times when they ran him up the middle. I mean just stopped dead in his tracks even worse than Turner. Dumb is thinking that Quizz is an every down back, that's what dumb is. People want to be rid of Turner so bad (I do too) that they are reaching. For all that Quizz can do well, trying to make him an every down back is a reach.

You are talking about one play that they called a blitz and Ryan sent him right into it. You have no idea what you are talking about. Do some real research and then give it a real look. Seriously. He can handle a load. One play against Dallas. Gimme a break man.

You are talking about one play that they called a blitz and Ryan sent him right into it. You have no idea what you are talking about. Do some real research and then give it a real look. Seriously. He can handle a load. One play against Dallas. Gimme a break man.

I've seen it several times besides just that game and it was actually more than one play in that game. You give me a break.... Because I happen to disagree with you, I don't know what I'm talking about? I'll wager I've been watching football longer than you have been alive so you do some research OK? Everyone seems to want to take this like I'm down on Quiz and I'm not. I'm very happy we have him and I love what he can do. I just think he is much better utilized as a change of pace back using another more "bruiser" type back in tandem with him. Unfortunately Turner isn't that guy anymore. It will be the off season before we get a replacement for Turner and only time will tell whether my opinion or some of yall's is the right one. Until then I don't particularly care for being called " dumb" or being told "I have no idea what I'm talking about" just because my opinion differs on the subject. I'm out of here...good night kids!

Edited by Falc_Fan_Since_Six

im just gonna add this cuz nobody will ever get into there minds what the actual problem is. so i will say it hopefully for the last time.. TURNER IS NOT THE PROBLEM.. THE PROBLEM IS CHANGING TO A PASS FIRST OFFENSE.. YOU SPEND MORE TIME IN PRACTICE WORKING ON PASSING PLAYS THAN RUN PLAYS.. THE END RESULT IS OVERALL DECLINE IN RUN PRODUCTION FROM BOTH THE LINE AND THE BACKS.. there you have it. granted. turner has lost a step. i will agree to that, and he cant hit the smaller holes that quizz can, but when your a pass first, pass heavy offense, your run game declines.

I've seen it several times besides just that game and it was actually more than one play in that game. You give me a break.... Because I happen to disagree with you, I don't know what I'm talking about? I'll wager I've been watching football longer than you have been alive so you do some research OK? Everyone seems to want to take this like I'm down on Quiz and I'm not. I'm very happy we have him and I love what he can do. I just think he is much better utilized as a change of pace back using another more "bruiser" type back in tandem with him. Unfortunately Turner isn't that guy anymore. It will be the off season before we get a replacement for Turner and only time will tell whether my opinion or some of yall's is the right one. Until then I don't particularly care for being called " dumb" or being told "I have no idea what I'm talking about" just because my opinion differs on the subject. I'm out of here...good night kids!

Fair enough. We disagree. I guess time will tell.

Can't go into Sunday with this negative energy.

Rise Up!