Ertz Or Eiffert?

well im pretty sure we go te in the first the question is which of these two would you take, they are so similar in size ball skills and athleticism it could be a wash. now if another team drafting ahead of us takes one we obviously take the other assuming there is no intangibles to disqualify either of them. but what if both are available at our pick and say a early pick team needing a qb wants to come up and get their quarterback, say tyler wilson do we risk trading back and hoping one is still there at the early 2nd round. if it worked we could then trade the 4th round pick we pick up to move up in the 2nd from our pick, and get a quality de, or move up in the 3rd and get our future rb, or keep the pick and be able to get a te, rb, ilb, og, and de by pick number 128.

I like Eifert but I hope we draft neither unless the run on DEs in the first round is so severe. I mocked him in one of my mocks when Ansah was still a second round prospect. We need to go DE, DT, OG then TE. I like Michael Williams and Dion Sims, more traditional TEs who can block but still provide in the passing game. Fauria would be best in the middle rounds if he's there.

Both are basically the same type of player. Eifert has consistently been the go to guy in ND's offense. Who ever the TE coach at Stanford is need to coach the falcons because it looks like stanford TEs are getting good. Ertz in my opinion may be a better athlete than Eifert. This means he will be a better option in the passing game. Eifert may have the edge in blocking though. Ertz will probably be available in the second so I want Ertz.

I think you both don't realize how sought out these TE will be. They are built above the standard TE attributes. Teams and coordinators will take a page out of the patriots dual vertical seam threat from their TEs. Bellichik really experimented with a pass catching and above average blocking TE and it all started with our own alge crumpler. Unless they both tank on the combine then you can expect both gone by the 1st round.

I think you both don't realize how sought out these TE will be. They are built above the standard TE attributes. Teams and coordinators will take a page out of the patriots dual vertical seam threat from their TEs. Bellichik really experimented with a pass catching and above average blocking TE and it all started with our own alge crumpler. Unless they both tank on the combine then you can expect both gone by the 1st round.

This is quite possible and if both are gone by our pick then i think we go either a de or ogletree if one is still there or we look to trade out of the first so someone can come up and grab a qb

I would be happy with ansah or ogletree at that point

Edited by texasfalconfan

I like both.. But DE is the one position that should be addressed in the first couple rounds. But like Wilco. I also like Austin Seferian-Jenkins.. Dude is a MONSTER and is pretty good at both blocking and receiving. I wish he was coming out this year. He's also a MASSIVE BODY of a TE. And like Gonzo.. He plays B-Ball for Washington. Unless he gets hurt. I can see him going pretty high next year. (2014)

Fauria is interesting as well. He's more of a Big WR type. Not so sure about his blocking. Another guy that's probably coming out 2014 that might spark some interest is Gavin Escobar (San Diego State) He reminds me of Jimmy Graham. Not sure about his blocking. But he's going to turn some heads.

Some Mocks have us picking up Jordan Reed in the third round. So we shall see..