Sean Payton Planning His Departure (Or Pay Raise Tactics)

laynepink

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8741588/roger-goodell-begins-reinstatement-talks-new-orleans-saints-coach-sean-payton

"Payton would like an adjustment on the suspension so it would end at the conclusion of the regular season as opposed to after the Super Bowl, a source close to the coach suggests."

Since he hasn't signed a new contract yet he will be a FA immediately if Goodell allows him to come back right after the regular season.

He can then jump ship for the Cowboys or another team, or use those other openings to get a massive pay increase.

He is just that devious.

I have to believe that he stays with the Saints, but I can totally see him coaching the Cowboys.

Here's the kicker though, and one that us Falcons fans don't see yet. If the Falcons win on Sunday and the Cowboys win on Sunday, then the Cowboys are tied with NY, and have the better division record. NY then has to finish out with the Ravens and Eagles. The Eagles are going to go out on a high note for Andy, and they aren't looking to terrible against the Bengals tonight. The Ravens also need to win against NY. So if the Cowboys end up winning their division, does Garrett get another year and Payton stays in N.O.?

Regardless of what happens with Payton, this game for the Giants is very big. If the Falcons win (and I believe they will), then NY has a tough road to ho.

I have to believe that he stays with the Saints, but I can totally see him coaching the Cowboys.

Here's the kicker though, and one that us Falcons fans don't see yet. If the Falcons win on Sunday and the Cowboys win on Sunday, then the Cowboys are tied with NY, and have the better division record. NY then has to finish out with the Ravens and Eagles. The Eagles are going to go out on a high note for Andy, and they aren't looking to terrible against the Bengals tonight. The Ravens also need to win against NY. So if the Cowboys end up winning their division, does Garrett get another year and Payton stays in N.O.?

Regardless of what happens with Payton, this game for the Giants is very big. If the Falcons win (and I believe they will), then NY has a tough road to ho.

Cowboys have tougher schedule. Redskins have a better chance to win the NFC East but Cowboys might win it if they win the game against Steelers this week.

Edited by falcons007

He has constant wood for Drew Brees though. I bet Drew has a post lover meltdown if he leaves. The next coach for Drew will be a Rebound

Edited by SkiFalcon