Looking Ahead To The Draft Our Biggest Need Ol

Shnikies

Its been very clear this season our biggest weakness is up front the big nasty's haven't been getting it done. The running game has struggled and the pocket is constantly muddled for Ryan he has no where to step up and make a strike. The one bright spot has been Sam Baker he has improved dramatically and I'm beginning to believe it really was the injury's that were holding him back in previous years.

Clabo has looked solid this year but not great as in previous years but again hes been injured for quite a few games this season but has played well overall. No need to worry about Clabo he will be fine for the next few years.

I believe the biggest problem is the interior McClure is too old and doesn't have the strength to get it done anymore. I love him as a player he has been a solid contributor for many years and have nothing but respect for him. At the same time I think we all know this will be his last season.

Konz has showed flashes as a rookie but in my opinion he has been playing out of position I think he is a true center and will take over for McClure after this season. He has shown power and speed he is a true athletic offensive lineman with the power you look for on the interior.

Blalock is probably the least athletic of this bunch behind McClure and that's just because McClure is old as dirt. You cant replace everyone in one year and there will be a hole at right guard at the end of the year.

Imagine if our line were able to open holes for the running game and we actually had some balance on offense. I think this team would be unstoppable. If we had some semblance of a running game. nobody could stop us. We have become far to predictable and I think it all falls back to the interior offensive line.

What would i do? I would draft Barret Jones from Alabama he can play any position across the offensive line but will excel at right guard in the interior we will have a true road grading right side and teams will fear our running game again. Jones is a master technician with brute force to put guys on a sled and get to the second level. He has played every OL position during his stint at Bama and has played them all at an elite level. And lets be real guys drafting a young stud running back and putting him behind this line wont change a thing.

That's my view anyway take it or leave it. We all know something has to change up front or its going to be more of the same in the coming years.

Guest Negatorris

I wish we had Garret Reynolds back. He was playing well before his injury. Konz started of playing well too, but he has declined a bit. He has the rookie excuse. Blalock has been just average, and McClure has been downright disappointing. We gotta get some elite talent to protect our franchise QB.

Guest Negatorris

I though clabo has sucked all season this year tbh. Against Dallas he was owned on almost every single snap.

Every post you make leads me to believe you don't even watch Falcons games. Probably just the highlights.