Hardy On Matt Bryant: "so Small And Weird-Shaped"

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2012/12/hardy-on-matt-bryant-so-small-and-weird-shaped.html

Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy is the gift that keeps giving – at least for reporters running out of storylines during Week 15 of a playoff-less season.

Hardy provided copy and sound bites to media in Charlotte and Atlanta media last week when he suggested the Panthers were better than the Falcons, who had clinched the NFC South with a month remaining in the season.

After the Panthers beat Atlanta 30-20 on Sunday, a Charlotte TV cameraman taped Hardy telling Falcons players to “Get the (expletive) off our field,” – the same comment Atlanta quarterback Matt Ryan made after the Falcons beat Carolina in Week 4.

Hardy was not available for comment in the locker room Sunday after the game.

But he was back to his entertaining ways Wednesday when asked about his post-game exchange with Falcons kicker Matt Bryant, who told Hardy he could watch the Falcons during the postseason.

“I told him politely to remove himself from our facility because it was time to go, and he invited me to come watch him in January,” Hardy said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. “It was a nice conversation.”

Was Hardy surprised to have a kicker engage him in trash-talking?

“I really didn't know who he was. He was so small and weird-shaped, I was trying to figure out what he did,” Hardy said. “I found out when I looked online that he was a kicker. I was a little shocked.”

This guy still talking, but I must admit it's funny.

BTW . . . for a lot of golfers, it helps to have a swing mantra . . . A single thought or phrase that empties their mind so they are not incumbered by thought during the swing. I would imagine it works the same for kickers. Bryant's swing mantra should be "Small and weirdshaped. . . "

Edited by holymoses

When I saw this clown in war paint at the start of the game I thought to myself. “ man even if this guy is completely stupid enough to think they have a good chance of winning. Its dangerous because if he is that motivated he will likely motivate his comrades to the same degree. And if that happens with much of his team we are done” yes I thought this. I was right, he had all his guys pumped and they kicked our ***. So maybe we should shut up talking crap about him his amazing ability to motivate his team to win a game for nothing and try to figure out why we have a hard time motivating our guys when we have the opportunity to do one of the greatest things in the modern sports world. Strange how no one on our side is able to see this guys did what he had to do to get his team off the bench for the 11-1 Falcon Very Very impressive

Edited by 2cent

When I saw this clown in war paint at the start of the game I thought to myself. “ man even if this guy is completely stupid enough to think they have a good chance of winning. Its dangerous because if he is that motivated he will likely motivate his comrades to the same degree. And if that happens with much of his team we are done” yes I thought this. I was right, he had all his guys pumped and they kicked our ***. So maybe we should shut up talking crap about him his amazing ability to motivate his team to win a game for nothing and try to figure out why we have a hard time motivating our guys when we have the opportunity to do one of the greatest things in the modern sports world. Strange how no one on our side is able to see this guys did what he had to do to get his team off the bench for the 11-1 Falcon Very Very impressive

Yes impressive, but I'm finding humor in what he's saying. It's funny to me, not because they are 4-9, but because there is actual humor in his words.

I must admit I'd never heard of the guy before this season(Hardy) because I don't really try to learn every player on other teams. He has been a riot these past 2 weeks.

He is the classic example of what the Falcons don't do that they need to start doing. He was a guy with talent, that had some trouble off the field. I think injuries nagged him a lot of his career, but especially during his senior year. Guy had 10 sacks in 2007 as a soph., then 8 in 2008. 2009 was to be the big year but it didn't happens that way. He ended up with 5 and dropped to the 6th round. He is now in his 3rd year, having his best season yet with 9 sacks. He had 4 in 2011 and 3 in 2010. Cheap talent and a pain in our backside. Just wish the Falcons would be more proactive in getting talented players that fall.

There has been a lot of talk about RB. We need one bad. I know Knile Davis has fumble issues, but if he were on the board in round 5, I'm all over him. Even if we get a 1st round or 2nd round back. Its a two back league and it never hurts to be rich at a position.