Wr Corp Ability To Get Separation

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do roddy Julio and hd get enough separation particularly when in press coverage? When we see man v man coverage It seems we lack separation.

'

yep they can get separation & they do but somehow our routes are still a little predictable. plus Matt still locks onto receivers. there's been a lot of times where there's an open option but Ryan goes to option 1. and the funny thing is even though he does he still is doing quite a bit of damage, so just imagine if he would scan the field.

'

yep they can get separation & they do but somehow our routes are still a little predictable. plus Matt still locks onto receivers. there's been a lot of times where there's an open option but Ryan goes to option 1. and the funny thing is even though he does he still is doing quite a bit of damage, so just imagine if he would scan the field.

B/c it's still mainly Mularkey's playbook (Gonzo said that). Koetter has added more wrinkles and used some plays that Mularkey never really used. The latter is what Tyson Clabo said.

The offense has pretty much stalled the last five weeks. Mainly has to do with the OL IMO. I HATE to even mention it, but are we getting a little predictable again? I hope not...

Edited by The Don™

Roddy is a master of creating separation and working in traffic. JJ makes up for his flaws with sheer athletic ability. HD on the other hand is one of the worst route runners I've ever seen.

In short, they do plenty enough for Ryan to be doing better. I've been easy on him, and I'm sticking with where I feel he is overall (5-7ish) but he's in a serious slump. Don't bring up statistics, I'm just talking about what I've seen from him the past several weeks.

'

This^^

On the interception play against the panthers Roddy and Gonzo went up the field and turned around. 2 stick routes right next to each other Julio went up the seam and cut his route off had he gone a straight go route he would have been one on one with the safety ill take that mismatch all day. It wouldn't have mattered though because Ryan locked in on Roddy and Gonzo right from the get go but again he had no chance to make his progression because DT's were right in his face. Another thing when there starting safety went down we didn't attack the young guy that came in to replace him. whether that's on Ryan or the offensive coordinator I don't know but it was a huge mistake in a game of many mistakes.

Edited by Shnikies

Go watch Saints, Packers, or Patriots game, and get back to me.

Our Receivers are constantly smothered. It's like we play into contact, instead of playing into space.

So many times I've seen Greg Jennings run WIDE OPEN that even I could throw a TD pass to him.

But I will agree that it's more of a schematic thing than anything else, though I take nothing away from Jennings.

Edited by JerseyNo12

Do roddy Julio and hd get enough separation particularly when in press coverage? When we see man v man coverage It seems we lack separation.

As productive as Roddy is, getting off good man coverage is a challenge for him. He's also not particularly good at going up and getting the ball when he is covered.

And part of his problem is that the officials hate him, so he never gets a call.

Go watch Saints, Packers, or Patriots game, and get back to me.

Our Receivers are constantly smothered. It's like we play into contact, instead of playing into space.

The things those teams do so well that the Falcons don't is just throw the ball even if the guy is covered when the defender isn't looking, and their receivers go get it. We don't throw that pass or catch that ball particularly well on a consistent basis.

It's the reason that man to man is an absolute disaster against the Packers and Patriots, but exactly the way you want to cover the Falcons.

The things those teams do so well that the Falcons don't is just throw the ball even if the guy is covered when the defender isn't looking, and their receivers go get it. We don't throw that pass or catch that ball particularly well on a consitent basis.

It's the reason that man to man is an absolute disaster against the Packers and Patriots, but exactly the way you want to cover the Falcons.

yep ..throwing the wr open

The things those teams do so well that the Falcons don't is just throw the ball even if the guy is covered when the defender isn't looking, and their receivers go get it. We don't throw that pass or catch that ball particularly well on a consistent basis.

Speaking of which, when is the last time Ryan threw a back shoulder pass?

I would consider it MR playbook this season.

So if you think we are too conservative then put the spotlight were it belongs...QB(he got the plays he wanted)

http://kentuckysport...o.com/?p=122103

Quotes on Dirk:

Matt Ryan on Koetter’s first season as OC: “A lot of the offense has stayed the same. I think that’s one of the things that’s helped us. Dirk came in and changed a lot of his terminology to the terminology we’ve had. I think that’s helped everyone in the transition. I think he has brought some different elements to our offense. He’s done a great job with the vertical passing and also helped us in terms of screens.”

I agree, this is Matt Ryan's offense.

People want to blame Smith for keeping Mularkey's offense, it's just nonsense. Ryan and Koetter got together and decided what to keep and what to add.

I don't have any problem with what they kept. My problem is with what they took away.

Speaking of which, when is the last time Ryan threw a back shoulder pass?

Yeah..that is obviously the most basic type of play I am talking about.

It was so funny last year. The Packers would come out and kill a team by throwing 20 back shoulder passes in a game, which is basically a play ground play.....and the masses would go......."That Mike McCarthy is an Offensive Genius!!!!!!"

I agree, this is Matt Ryan's offense.

People want to blame Smith for keeping Mularkey's offense, it's just nonsense. Ryan and Koetter got together and decided what to keep and what to add.

I don't have any problem with what they kept. My problem is with what they took away.

This offense is basically the same just with some added screen passes...

I never see our wrs run double moves out and ups . ..pisses me OFF ...are they worried oline wont hold up ..

If Julio or Roddy do double moves its game set match for most corners...

Romo.png

The only time ANY of our receivers are hit on the move is when Roddy or Julio does a short drag route. We run NO seem routes, deep slants, or flag routes. Everything is coming BACK to the ball, and not going forward with the ball.

This offense is EXACTLY like Mike Mularkey's offense. Nothing has changed outside of screen passes. It's still the same boring, predictable, 3 to 4 look offense.

Watching the Patriots go from power formation to shotgun spread to trips left to slow-paced huddle to Oregon Ducks type up-tempo on the SAME DRIVE is ******* beautiful. I wish our coaching stuff had a quarter of New England's intelligence.

Edited by Parabola

The only time ANY of our receivers are hit on the move is when Roddy or Julio does a short drag route. We run NO seem routes, deep slants, or flag routes. Everything is coming BACK to the ball, and not going forward with the ball.

This offense is EXACTLY like Mike Mularkey's offense. Nothing has changed outside of screen passes. It's still the same boring, predictable, 3-4 look offense.

Watching the Patriots go from power formation to shotgun spread to trips left to slow-paced huddle to Oregon Ducks type up-tempo is ******* beautiful. I wish our coaching stuff had a quarter of New England's intelligence.

I remember a thread back a couple of months ago when everyone was still in love with Koetter and someone said "every receiver always catches the ball moving toward the end zone in this offense".

One of the funnier things I've seen on here, because it was obvious we were running the exact same offense with some screen passes mixed in, and receivers are never moving toward the end zone when they catch a screen pass.

This offense is EXACTLY like Mike Mularkey's offense. Nothing has changed outside of screen passes. It's still the same boring, predictable, 3 to 4 look offense.

Watching the Patriots go from power formation to shotgun spread to trips left to slow-paced huddle to Oregon Ducks type up-tempo on the SAME DRIVE is ******* beautiful. I wish our coaching stuff had a quarter of New England's intelligence.

Josh McDaniels >>> yeah yeah he has Brady and not many people could look bad with Brady but kid is a offensive genius ..DUDE took a stretch play action pass that the TEXANS are famous for running and uses it for Brady ..

kid got a bad rap in Denver along with some bad personnel moves but kid can be a great OC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjIE3PPmgQ