Giants Sports Beat Writer - Preparing For The Falcons This Week

truefalcon

Josh Alper, Pro Football Talk, informs his audience about the Giants' enemy, the Falcons, this upcoming weekend:

Should the Falcons lose, those doubts will rise even higher because this is the perfect situation to finally go out and show they are more than just the product of a forgiving schedule. Here's a few of the people who will be trying to help them avoid that fate.

Three Amigos - There aren't many receiving trios in the same class as the one the Falcons deploy with Julio Jones, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez and they've finally allowed them to dictate the pace of the offense this year. It's pick your poison for defenses that don't hurry Ryan into mistakes.

Speaking of Hurrying Ryan - Matty Ice is ice cold right now and his struggles make Eli Manning's post-bye blues seem like a pretty big overreaction. Those receivers aren't going to throw themselves the ball, so Atlanta needs their guy to get right.

Ageless Wonder - It seems like 20 years ago that the Jets moved on from John Abraham and started looking for his replacement as a pass rusher. It was only 2005, though, and the Jets are still looking while Abraham's still dropping quarterbacks in bunches.

Turner No Longer a Burner - The Falcons offense sometimes reminds you of the Giants' offense the last two years whenever they'd try to run the ball with Brandon Jacobs. Michael Turner's not fast enough nor nimble enough to continue as a feature back in the NFL, which makes it all the better for a Giants team that can't stop the run.

Guest Negatorris

Speaking of Hurrying Ryan - Matty Ice is ice cold right now and his struggles make Eli Manning's post-bye blues seem like a pretty big overreaction. Those receivers aren't going to throw themselves the ball, so Atlanta needs their guy to get right.

If Matt Ryan went 3 straight games without a TD, you better believe the board would probably be shut down right now.

They are what they are. This team had holes on OL, DL and CB (Nolan just masks now with safeties) issue since TD's arrival. Anyone that thought this team was going to dominate teams weren't paying attention to our issues.

You can add RB to that list of concerns, too, unfortunately. That said, I still believe we can beat the Giants. I say we spread the field on offense and let the pass set up the run this week. If we can get anything out of our running game on a consistent basis, our offense will be in business. If the Giants are able to get consistent pressure with only a 4-man rush on defense and we can't find a way to stop it or slow them down, then it could very well be be a long day for our offense.

On defense, I'm hoping to see a similar scheme and performance like the one Nolan rolled out against Peyton Manning. Consistent pressure & defensive disguises against Eli are paramount.

Edited by BirdzEyeView

You can add RB to that list of concerns, too, unfortunately. That said, I still believe we can beat the Giants. On defense, I'm hoping to see a similar scheme and performance like the one Nolan rolled out against Peyton Manning. Consistent pressure & defensive disguises against Eli are paramount.

I'd rather run Jacquizz all day with him getting stuffed than to see Turner run into a pile and fall on the ground. I also believe the Giants can be beat if we do the little things (gang tackle their RBs, CBs have to play closer to the receiver and get safety help from Decoud and Willie Mo). Abe showed he can get to Eli last year. It ought to be interesting to see what Nolan does against Eli.

The offense MUST get back to early season form throwing the ball around and mixing in the screen. Whatever teams have done to defend us, make adjustments KOETTER so we are moving the ball successfully again. The last couple of weeks the offense has been terrible...NOW is the time to get things back on track.