Did We Give Up Too Much For Julio ?

Andre5000

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem with the Julio pick is that we were in the middle of a lockout, i knew we were going to go after a big play WR and i will swear to this until the day i die, if not for the lockout we would have gotten Larry Fitzgareld but that was just impossible at the time so we did the next best thing, went over one of the best WRs in the draft. Of course it was risky but once again during the lockout we had no way of getting veteran guys on our line and finally once the lockout was over we got Ray Edwards who didn't fix a **** thing. Julio has been a tad inconsistant but hes a young player and if he can stay healthy he can be a top receiver in this league but he has to stay healthy

13-3 without Julio. Possibly 13-3 this year with Julio. Seems like Julio isn't a key cog. Yep, we gave up too much. Everyone who's smart knows White and Gonzalez are the cogs in the passing game. Julio's just he flashy guy that stretches the field. A Devery Henderson could do that.

13-3 in 2010 with Turner getting 100 ypc and an O-line that could run-block consistently. 8-8 in 2012 with Turner having 15 carries with 30 yards and an O-line that allows 2 or 3 defenders in the backfield b4 Turner touches the ball.

Edited by Numbaz

This again? LOL!!!!!!!!! Man, I tell you. It must be really slow around here.

Thats what I was thinking. We should just go ahead and have a Matt Ryan vs Joe Flacco debate while we're at it. I can guarantee when I wake up tomorrow this thread will have blown up and most of it will be Muskokas and Swift. Its like catnip for certain folks.

Nope

Without Julio, we'd still be relying on our Offensive line to run-block and Turner to still burn. That sir would have resulted in multiple 8-8 seasons with fans crying about TD not making any major moves in the draft to improve the team.

We could have drafted a RB that can run and some O-line help along with a WR with all those picks though

We could have drafted a RB that can run and some O-line help along with a WR with all those picks though

Well we got Quizz , there is no way we would of drafted another RB with one of his picks. Smiths reliance on Turner was and is to strong. We will probably go for one next year but that won't have a thing to do with a JJ pick.

Nobody knew the O-line and Turner was on the decline when we traded those draft picks. Honestly ppl and the media were saying we should run the ball more with Turner until week 5 this season. Late last season comments by fans and the media.......

"The Falcons have lost their identity since they drafted Julio. They need to go back to running the ball with Turner."

Nobody expected the O-line and Turner to drop off like they did in 2010. Not even you. If we didn't trade all of those draft picks, they werent going to be used on a RB and O-line because that wasn't a weakness at the time.

Edited by Numbaz

Just wondering what everyone thinks? Still really too early to tell, plus we could have blown the picks with more Peria Jerry's , JA98's 1st rounders and Byran Scott's and Jimmy Williams 2nd rounders BUT there were alot of good players to be had with all those players to fill holes

Don't even get me started bro.

These boys are totally sick of my Julio rant.

Bottom line is I like Quintorris but I wish we had kept our picks.

I do agree with Vel though. If we had given Dimi five picks he would have fkd up four of em.

Definitely gave up too much simply because a WR can only do so much every play for an offense.

But I will say everyone's underestimating the sh*t out of this kid, and I know alot think he's going to be great, but I think he's going to be special. His development is going to be a tad slower as a talent like him is usually the #1 target for any offense but since we have Roddy their catches are split.. Like any position WR's benefit from ample opportunities especially when they're growing their first 3 years in the league

But he has the benefit of learning from Roddy, and when he takes over as the #1 read we'll see Jones take off.

Don't even get me started bro.

These boys are totally sick of my Julio rant.

Bottom line is I like Quintorris but I wish we had kept our picks.

I do agree with Vel though. If we had given Dimi five picks he would have fkd up four of em.

My friend your so right. People think TD is wonderful. I'm not seeing it has made some good picks but even a broke clock is right twice a day.

Guest Negatorris

The 2010 Falcons averaged 25.9 pts with MJ12

The 2011 Falcons averaged 25.1 pts.

The 2012 Falcons average 25.9 pts currently.

Its an easy no for me...not worth the picks.

Solid player though, but no receiver is worth that.

Looks like a coaching problem to me.