Our Best Playoff Performance Under This Regime Was Against The Cardinals

ol'_dirty2

Plays were made and so were mistakes. It's funny, I had actually forgotten that we only lost by one score. It seemed as though we were dominated just with the residual pain that has resulted from watching that game. It was the first time I started to wonder what Turner was made of as well. Obviously there is no comfort in losing a playoff game, but which one hurt the most...the Cardinals or last year vs the G-men?

Was it foreshadowing that Ryan threw an INT on his first pass, lets see, first regular season pass=INT, first postseason pass=INT that explains alot

That's incorrect there guy. Matt Ryan's first regular season pass was a TD.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ab938e&template=with-video&confirm=true

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OBmsvevjhI

Quit shi++ing on my QB. Go hard or go home.

Actually first regular season pass was a td to Jenkins against Detroit. Am I missing something?

I'm tripping...he was referring to the first pass of that Cardinals game. Not sure what he was talking about by the first regular season pass though. Edited by ol'_dirty2

Was it foreshadowing that Ryan threw an INT on his first pass, lets see, first regular season pass=INT, first postseason pass=INT that explains alot

You have one post. That explains a lot too.

To answer the OP's question, to me, it's just a totally different kind of feeling after each game. After the Cards game, there was the feeling that it was JUST within reach. I really, really believe we would have tied it up if we had held on 3rd and 16 (the offense had gotten into sync by that point). So it hurts to lose a very winnable game.

But the Giants game last year? Flat-out, gut-punching embarrassment. I don't care what people say about the score at half-time; we looked like we never came to play throughout. And that hurts too, just in a different way!

You have one post. That explains a lot too.

To answer the OP's question, to me, it's just a totally different kind of feeling after each game. After the Cards game, there was the feeling that it was JUST within reach. I really, really believe we would have tied it up if we had held on 3rd and 16 (the offense had gotten into sync by that point). So it hurts to lose a very winnable game.

But the Giants game last year? Flat-out, gut-punching embarrassment. I don't care what people say about the score at half-time; we looked like we never came to play throughout. And that hurts too, just in a different way!

Kinda how I felt. Neither is better, they both hurt and you bleed to death either way. Just one one wound is in the heart and the other was through the head.

Kinda how I felt. Neither is better, they both hurt and you bleed to death either way. Just one one wound is in the heart and the other was through the head.

Yep. lol.

But actually, I thought the one that hurt the most was the one you didn't mention. Only because I was so sure, 100% sure that we were going far in the post-season in '10. We lost a playoff game by one touchdown in our QB's rookie year and our new regime's first year. Ok, it happens. We posted back-to-back winning seasons and just missed the postseason the next year. It happens (and with all the injuries that season, it felt like progress in its own way). So when we went 13-3, I had ZERO doubt in my mind that we were going to roll in the play-offs. And when Weems broke that big return, I was already punching my ticket to the NFCCG. Coming back to reality at the end of that game was absolutely brutal.

Nah the Giants play-off loss was probably the WORST play-off loss in Falcons history.This game we were never in it bar the first 3 series and then the flood gates opened.

GB yeah that hurt but they were just a far superior team and Aaron Rodgers was playing on a level that very few QB's in NFL history attained that year.

The Cardianls loss well to me we really over achieved in my eyes I mean coming off a 4-12 season the Quitrinio & Vick Debarcles in 07 and completely turning it around to 11-5 and eventual loss to the SB bound Cards well I have to say we over achieved that year.

Yep. lol.

But actually, I thought the one that hurt the most was the one you didn't mention. Only because I was so sure, 100% sure that we were going far in the post-season in '10. We lost a playoff game by one touchdown in our QB's rookie year and our new regime's first year. Ok, it happens. We posted back-to-back winning seasons and just missed the postseason the next year. It happens (and with all the injuries that season, it felt like progress in its own way). So when we went 13-3, I had ZERO doubt in my mind that we were going to roll in the play-offs. And when Weems broke that big return, I was already punching my ticket to the NFCCG. Coming back to reality at the end of that game was absolutely brutal.

this. the gb game hurt sooooo bad. the giants one i was like **** not again. and the defense play well the first half but the second half is when i was getting really pissed.

Yep. lol.

I lost a little of my youth and sense of humor after that game. A part of me died, which is why I failed to mention it lol.

GB yeah that hurt but they were just a far superior team and Aaron Rodgers was playing on a level that very few QB's in NFL history attained that year.

They were hot and clicking at the right time, yes. But I find it hard to buy that they were a far superior team. We beat that same team in the regular season (in one of our typical nail-biters, but still).

Scorewise, yes, the Giants game was unforgivable. Just emotionally speaking, though, the Packers game was worse for me. Only because of the expectations with which I entered each of those games.

I lost a little of my youth and sense of humor after that game. A part of me died, which is why I failed to mention it lol.

Hahaha. Listen, I hear ya, man. Outside of the truly difficult life events (deaths in the family, job loss, etc.), the day after that game was probably the worst day I can remember having. I just sort of stayed in bed, alternating between mourning with everyone on AFMB and writing a big grad paper that ended up getting a very, VERY poor review. sleep.pnglaugh.png (Gotta laugh, right?)

They were hot and clicking at the right time, yes. But I find it hard to buy that they were a far superior team. We beat that same team in the regular season (in one of our typical nail-biters, but still).

Scorewise, yes, the Giants game was unforgivable. Just emotionally speaking, though, the Packers game was worse for me. Only because of the expectations with which I entered each of those games.

To me the reason for them being better as they seemed to click on all cylinders and the difference in QB play between Rodgers and Ryan was a vast one.

To me it was Rodgers ability to keep a play alive and the defensive adjustments Dom Capers made at halftime going to bump coverage jamming our WRer's at the line that disrupted Ryan and the offense and once that ocurred Rodgers and GB's offense got rolling and they proved unstoppable.

To me the reason for them being better as they seemed to click on all cylinders and the difference in QB play between Rodgers and Ryan was a vast one.

To me it was Rodgers ability to keep a play alive and the defensive adjustments Dom Capers made at halftime going to bump coverage jamming our WRer's at the line that disrupted Ryan and the offense and once that ocurred Rodgers and GB's offense got rolling and they proved unstoppable.

I still don't know about "far superior," but I get what you're saying. In addition to the above, the pick-6 is what really destroyed us. H*ll, I don't know if our defense would have ever forced a punt, but the difference between 28-14 and 21-17 (what we could have had if we had taken the long field goal or not telegraphed the final pass) was obviously exponential. I held out a glimmer of hope, but in reality I knew we were done after that play.

Man that Cardinals playoff game in 08. What could of been. I still remember that 3rd and long conversion we gave up so vividly..I even remember pregame us being picked to win. Ah it hurts! That Green Bay game was the most painful though. When the pick 6 happened I was really down..I remember most of that night too. The Giants game I was just disappointed more than anything...

Nah the Giants play-off loss was probably the WORST play-off loss in Falcons history.This game we were never in it bar the first 3 series and then the flood gates opened.

The Cardianls loss well to me we really over achieved in my eyes I mean coming off a 4-12 season the Quitrinio & Vick Debarcles in 07 and completely turning it around to 11-5 and eventual loss to the SB bound Cards well I have to say we over achieved that year.

The score was 7-2 at halftime. Falcons had the ball in the red zone twice but failed twice on fourth & 1 situations. It was actually a close game until midway through the 3rd quarter as the Giants offense didn't do much before that.

The score was 7-2 at halftime. Falcons had the ball in the red zone twice but failed twice on fourth & 1 situations. It was actually a close game until midway through the 3rd quarter as the Giants offense didn't do much before that.

But I'm being a realist here they were getting on top and we didn't look likely when we had the ball.

Even though the score mentioned otherwise they were on top the offense layed an egg and I felt just like empty numb it was like REALLY is that all we had.

I'm not trying to foul mouth my team or rehash wounds here but I'm a realist with regards to that game we got straight beat down.