Seeing That We're Looking At A Top 5-10 Pick.

Recceice

For the panthers of course.

My personal thought is DT or Oline.

You don't have to know exact names you can just say a position.

Most of your teams has played my team. Who or what position will give us a better chance to beat your teams?

PS: anybody that says QB please KYS.

Im thinking maybe WR to complement Smith.

Or secondary help.

Maybe even trade back and stock pile picks. See if you can get this years 1st and next years and maybe a 3rd or so.

Im thinking maybe WR to complement Smith.

Or secondary help.

Maybe even trade back and stock pile picks. See if you can get this years 1st and next years and maybe a 3rd or so.

Not that great of a draft this year. And unless we lose more games we won't be in a prime position where people want to trade up. What really hurts is this is not a great QB draft and the teams that really need a QB are already in front of us.

Hard to say man. You still got pro days and combines and workouts... players stock and teams needs will sky rocket between now and then.

Unless the panthers have a sure fire target.. i would probably try and trade down and look for a player to slide. You might still get who you want and pick up a next years 1st round as well as more.

Like wr they could probably trade down and still get a good wr later in the first. depending who they trade with.

Edited by danight

Stockpile OL.

All the $$ on the team is tied into the backfield.

Pile up OL... best game panthers have played this year, they have kept the other guys offense off the field.

Continue that path.

I think we are 1 DT and 1 Safety from having a really good defense. But we do need Oline. Gross is costing more then his production and The RG position has been a revolving door.

Edited by Recceice

add more weapons for cam reciever should be your number 1 area of concern. i think....smitty is getting up their and a compliment wr that he could mentor would be great

I would agree if their was a Green or Jones coming out this year. But there isn't. The best WR is the Soph at USC. He can't come out till next year.

Need Oline help. Any team with a decent pass rush is hitting Cam within a split second of the ball being snapped on most plays. He needs better protection. Then in the later rounds, try and get Kuechly, Hardy, CJ and Davis some help on the defensive side of the ball.

I think LaFell is turning into a very solid WR. The guy has a lot of clutch catches and always gets his feet inbounds. He's also just learning how to get open a lot more.. unless a WR has top end breakaway speed, it can take them a while to learn how to get seperation.

But the oline is run pass and option blocking. They have to open a running lane for Cam, try and get the DE to separate then if the DE pursues Cam they hand off or hope there is enough pocket to pass.

Our Oline can barely handle walking, no way we would give them gum to chew.

What i mean is the scheme maybe more complex vs the styles of D you face in the pro`s. The lines doing just pass protection seem fine (came threw for a butt load of yards). Run protection (not so much since your paying a fortune in the backfield) but then you add in a mobile QB and thats where its gets tough.

Its hard to block for a QB when the QB is never where he is suppose to be (in the pocket).

Edited by danight

i would go for jarvis jones, but i am also hoping you guys dont.

i don't care who you got a OLB, i'd take jarvis jones. to put him next to luke K (sp?), with CJ and Hardy rushing the pass rush? that would be beast.

He needs to go to a 3-4 team. Otherwise his skill set wont be used properly. Getting him on a 4-3 team where he'll be playing the run and playing coverage more than rushing the passer will be playing him to his weaknesses not his strengths.

Edited by Enlightend32

He needs to go to a 3-4 team. Otherwise his skill set wont be used properly. Getting him on a 4-3 team where he'll be playing the run and playing coverage more than rushing the passer will be playing him to his weaknesses not his strengths.

then get a beast NT and play 3-4. if jones finds his way to the bottom of the first round i'd want the falcons to make whatever trades necessary to get it done.

But the oline is run pass and option blocking. They have to open a running lane for Cam, try and get the DE to separate then if the DE pursues Cam they hand off or hope there is enough pocket to pass.

Our Oline can barely handle walking, no way we would give them gum to chew.

What i mean is the scheme maybe more complex vs the styles of D you face in the pro`s. The lines doing just pass protection seem fine (came threw for a butt load of yards). Run protection (not so much since your paying a fortune in the backfield) but then you add in a mobile QB and thats where its gets tough.

Its hard to block for a QB when the QB is never where he is suppose to be (in the pocket).

I would agree with the scheme idea. I think taking away the power run game as the base of the offense and moving to a zone read base was a major mistake and a big reason for the offense's downfall this year. It hurt the oline as far as building a attitude. Blocking more for east to west runs then north and south runs takes away oline men's aggression.

But I also feel like Gross contract and declining production is a problem. Not to mention the revolving door at RG. Depending on how the new GM looks at it. We may need to add a RG and LT this offseason.