Why When Its 3Rd N 8 We Pass For 5? And 3Rd And 12 We Pass For 8? Seemed Like The Plan Vs The Panthers

Andre5000

You know I was thinking the same thing, watching from the stands I was wondering why Julio kept running curl routes instead if fly routes, but the one he did he couldn't locate the ball and roddy tripped on the other.

As far as season long that's something that always baffles me when our Receivers don't run routes to get a first down.

Guest Negatorris

Simple. With the way our plays our designed it takes more time for the receivers' routes to develop. The Patriots don't run routes that take long to develop, so Brady can get the ball to his receiver a second or two after the ball is snapped. With the Falcons offense, our routes take longer to develop, and Ryan has to wait until he can deliver the ball. Our offensive line is not good enough to hold for that long, so Ryan has no choice but to get the ball out of his hands and it goes to the checkdown receiver. Bottom line is that Koetter should be aware of the deficiencies our OL possess, and design quick routes to mask that weakness. Or call more plays with Ryan out of the shotgun. It worked in the second half, but Koetter should have adjusted earlier. We need routes that gives room for receivers to get YACs, because Ryan isn't getting enough time to deliver the ball 15-20 yards downfield like he was in the beginning of the season.

Last night the Patriots have 3rd and 8 and they pass for 15, 3rd and 5 they pass for 8. WTF was that gameplan on Sunday?

i made this point in one of Peytons threads...Falcons consistently run routes and throw patterns short of 1st down marker on 3rd down.

its really, really dumb.