Expect A Vanilla Game Sunday

Guest facelessman07

Ugh...tired of hearing this all the time. Its not like playing vanilla against opponents we may meet in the postseason has fared well for us in years past

because we still have to win to get that 1st round bye and HFA.

Why be concerned about the amount of tape the opponent has to gameplan on, if we're confident in our ability to win anyway? If we come our playing flat again, I will take it as a sign that the coaches aren't confident enough in our own abilities as a team, and that they don't feel like we can outcoach and outplay any other opponent. Basically, thats a sign of weakness.

Edited by niels petersen

Oh my goodness people, WE AREN'T HOLDING BACK ANYTHING!

What kind of stupid coach would it take to not run plays because you want to hide them for the playoffs??? Did you see the Patriots???

They run tricky plays all the time, they will run some of the same ones in the playoffs, they will create new ones for the playoffs.

If Smith is 'hiding' anything right now, he should be canned

because we still have to win to get that 1st round bye and HFA.

Why be concerned about the amount of tape the opponent has to gameplan on, if we're confident in our ability to win anyway? If we come our playing flat again, I will take it as a sign that the coaches aren't confident enough in our own abilities as a team, and that they don't feel like we can outcoach and outplay any other opponent. Basically, thats a sign of weakness.

And just because you run screens, doesn't mean the other team can be prepared on EVERY SINGLE DOWN for EVERY screen play you ran in the season

We aren't holding anything back and that's the illusion some of the fans have... We haven't even secured anything yet except Playoff spot and if you are telling me HFA is not the priority then we are living in 2 different world.

I've hearing from coaches that we are working on RED ZONE Offense and I've seen improvement in the red zone. But How do we get to Red Zone... that's been the problem lately.

I think the team always have a hard time against Mobile QB's.. (esp Running QB)

Edited by falcon_owns_nfc_south

Maybe. I think we'll take some shots. However, has anyone else noticed we stopped running the screen so much? We had huge success with it against the Eagles, haven't seen it that much since. I think we bust that **** out during the playoffs

We have stopped running everything, no huddle, deep routes , blitzing...it all dissapeared

with the arrival of Smittyball.

I could buy that theory for the Panthers game because I saw the Falcons running the same stuff over and over again even when it wasn't working.

But......the Falcons really need to compete in this game for their psyche. If they get blown out, yeah, the Falcons could still turn it around in the playoffs, but I think it really helps a lot if you believe you can do it.

So the Falcons really need to keep this one tight at least.

Well I can't believe we would deliberately hold back anything with so much still on the line. However, I also do not understand the Mularkey ball we have been playing recently.

This team's identity to me is "inconsistency," which was their same identity last season, only this year they have won more with that style. In the same vein, that has become the model of the offensive game planning: inconsistent.

I know they game plan to each opponent, but the game planning on offense lately just leaves me shaking my head in bewilderment.

I disagree. We lost last week so do we turn it into a two game losing streak b/c we don't want to show too much to a team we may not even meet up with? Don't play scared, use what you have to beat them. The last thing we need is a two game losing streak while going up to Detroit for it to turn into a 3 game losing streak and us fight tooth and nail for home field in the playoffs. Take care of your business now vs trying to set yourself up for a possible win in the future. If you are a better team that executes, you win, no tricks needed.

Screw that. We will have a week off, they will be playing a game while we watch and we can gameplan for them then. We need to play balls out. There's no telling who we will end up playing. It's basically a 1 in 6 chance right now it will be them. That would be utterly ******** to play vanilla