To All The Doom And Gloomers: Go Be A Saints Fan

MSalmon

Geez, enough whining! We got beat. Shat happens. We went on the road, got caught looking ahead at the Giants game and got beat. Period. End of story. Move on

But look at the positive. Starting with last game. Note when the Falcons "woke"up and let Matt go no-huddle we moved the ball. A call here or there, and pull back the missed tackle on Cam we would have won that game.

Do you remember us being able to rally from behind in the past? Nope.

Positive note. Matt Ryan is what 30 yds from 4k. On the way to almost 5k yds, 30 TDs and a sterling 67% completion rate. And, oh yeah, he has a 95 Rating despite tossing 5 pics one game and having a suddenly anemic running game.

Did I mention that TG, Roddy and JJ are on pace for 1k yards each?

Did I mention that both Assanteand Willymo--2 players possibly pro bowl bound--missed the panties game? Could their absences hurt our defense?

Lastly note how when young quiz started taking snaps in Carolina we started moving ball? Think maybe the coaching staff did? I'd say so.

To close, doom and gloomers, we lost. Deal with it or become a Saints fan:) we're 11-2 and got the Giants next week. Rise up, Falcon fans!

I agree. And now a bunch of people are gonna come here to post that it's ok to complain about stuff and this that and the other, which is true, but that doesn't excuse the "one and done in the post season" threads let alone the sickening troll Matt Ryan threads. The doom and gloom is just ridiculous. I'm looking for other boards to post on, you know, ones that actually have moderators. This place is run by a bunch of s hit heads and you can't get away from the trolls even when we're winning. We've lost two games this year but you would think these are the Jaguars forums.

I agree. And now a bunch of people are gonna come here to post that it's ok to complain about stuff and this that and the other, which is true, but that doesn't excuse the "one and done in the post season" threads let alone the sickening troll Matt Ryan threads. The doom and gloom is just ridiculous. I'm looking for other boards to post on, you know, ones that actually have moderators. This place is run by a bunch of s hit heads and you can't get away from the trolls even when we're winning. We've lost two games this year but you would think these are the Jaguars forums.

Yup. I've been on this board since 99 or early 2000...and most of those years we drafted guys like latarance Dunbar and Jon ollinger, yet we tried to analytically discuss how. These guys were good. We justified Vick's frenetic play. We rooted for Doug Johnson. Always we had hope, only to be frustrated. Now we are what on our 5th straight winning season? Got a franchise QB who is getting better yearly, and guaranteed a playoff spot and are 11-2, yet the world is falling? Think about it the panties played their Super Bowl Sunday? They are home for the playoffs, wondering can cam be a winner consistently. Think they'd love to be bitching about their team's playoff struggles? Yup instead they are looking fwd to the draft, wishing their team had lost to us to get a better draft pick!

I do agree with the feeling like the Jaguar forums. About the rest , meh ... you just have to treat children like children. They know that they're grown men acting like babes. You treat them like it and they get in line.

I do agree with the feeling like the Jaguar forums. About the rest , meh ... you just have to treat children like children. They know that they're grown men acting like babes. You treat them like it and they get in line.

Lol you've been on these mbs a while. You remember the bad days!

I find these types of threads no better than the threads about which you are complaining. . . . .

You are complaining just like everyone else. Intelligent discussion involves debate. I have no problem with threads and posts being created with which I disagree. That is healthy debate among fans. There are some ridiculous things out there BUT that is not the norm. There are only about a handful of nutty fans here talking out of their emotions. . mixed in with a few Saints fans masquerading as Falcons fans.

For the most part, I came here to engage intelligent, thought-provoking debate. I can understand fans venting their frustration. That is apart of being HUMAN and apart of being a FANATIC. I can also understand the concern due to the eerily similar vibe we have been getting from the Falcons over the past 4 or 5 games; especially on offense. Same ole story many feel. Same ole movie many claim. Can you blame them?

None of us can see the future. We can only judge by what we have been seeing. I do not agree with alot of the criticism, but I also do not agree with what seems to be the same things I heard in 2010 and 2011.

But we are 13-3

But we are in the playoffs

But we are playing the lowly Giants

But we defeated the Packers earlier this season

But we are playing at home

But we have the 1 seed

like I say, I DONT agree with some of the criticism BUT I DONT agree with the premise of threads like these either.

Edited by Falcon Knight

I see what the OP was thinking of by his thread title, even if it was extreme, I think his point is valid.

When we win, the same people complaining right now are the ones that say yeah we won but Turner this or DB's that, just a bunch of fault finders. Then when we lose everything's wrong, were exposed, fire Smith, etc.

There's a difference in debating points and throwing your team under the bus. A fan of any team has every right to be upset, but the rationale of posters on this board is beyond ridiculous.

Fortunately as I was leaving the stadium the FANS that attended the game were still in good spirits, though unhappy, the sense was it was a game that meant more to the Panthers than us and it showed. There was no calling for coaches heads or players to be traded, that's really the big difference in these boards than the fans at the game.

So back to the topic, if the OP wants to tell people to go be fans of the saints, I'd have to agree. If you can't be happy with wins and throw 5 year temper tantrums when we lose there's other teams and boards that would welcome your negative attitudes. This place should be for people who can take the good with the bad. Celebrate wins and analyze losses logically people!

I see what the OP was thinking of by his thread title, even if it was extreme, I think his point is valid.

When we win, the same people complaining right now are the ones that say yeah we won but Turner this or DB's that, just a bunch of fault finders. Then when we lose everything's wrong, were exposed, fire Smith, etc.

There's a difference in debating points and throwing your team under the bus. A fan of any team has every right to be upset, but the rationale of posters on this board is beyond ridiculous.

Fortunately as I was leaving the stadium the FANS that attended the game were still in good spirits, though unhappy, the sense was it was a game that meant more to the Panthers than us and it showed. There was no calling for coaches heads or players to be traded, that's really the big difference in these boards than the fans at the game.

So back to the topic, if the OP wants to tell people to go be fans of the saints, I'd have to agree. If you can't be happy with wins and throw 5 year temper tantrums when we lose there's other teams and boards that would welcome your negative attitudes. This place should be for people who can take the good with the bad. Celebrate wins and analyze losses logically people!

Great post.

I find these types of threads no better than the threads about which you are complaining. . . . .

You are complaining just like everyone else. Intelligent discussion involves debate. I have no problem with threads and posts being created with which I disagree. That is healthy debate among fans. There are some ridiculous things out there BUT that is not the norm. There are only about a handful of nutty fans here talking out of their emotions. . mixed in with a few Saints fans masquerading as Falcons fans.

For the most part, I came here to engage intelligent, thought-provoking debate. I can understand fans venting their frustration. That is apart of being HUMAN and apart of being a FANATIC. I can also understand the concern due to the eerily similar vibe we have been getting from the Falcons over the past 4 or 5 games; especially on offense. Same ole story many feel. Same ole movie many claim. Can you blame them?

None of us can see the future. We can only judge by what we have been seeing. I do not agree with alot of the criticism, but I also do not agree with what seems to be the same things I heard in 2010 and 2011.

But we are 13-3

But we are in the playoffs

But we are playing the lowly Giants

But we defeated the Packers earlier this season

But we are playing at home

But we have the 1 seed

like I say, I DONT agree with some of the criticism BUT I DONT agree with the premise of threads like these either.

Good post.

Geez, enough whining! We got beat. Shat happens. We went on the road, got caught looking ahead at the Giants game and got beat. Period. End of story. Move on

But look at the positive. Starting with last game. Note when the Falcons "woke"up and let Matt go no-huddle we moved the ball. A call here or there, and pull back the missed tackle on Cam we would have won that game.

Positive note. Matt Ryan is what 30 yds from 4k. On the way to almost 5k yds, 30 TDs and a sterling 67% completion rate. And, oh yeah, he has a 95 Rating despite tossing 5 pics one game and having a suddenly anemic running game.

Did I mention that both Assanteand Willymo--2 players possibly pro bowl bound--missed the panties game? Could their absences hurt our defense?

Lastly note how when young quiz started taking snaps in Carolina we started moving ball? Think maybe the coaching staff did? I'd say so.

To close, doom and gloomers, we lost. Deal with it or become a Saints fan:) we're 11-2 and got the Giants next week. Rise up, Falcon fans!

So Carolina was a trap game after all? laugh.png

I don't know if they have to go be a saints fan but they should go revel in their own misery. We have so many that just post how bad we are and how we should cut this guy and fire this guy. We're in the middle of a season, you can't do that. We have who we have and we should get behind them. If not, just keep it to yourself and don't come on here with the real Falcon fans.

Smitty just called.

Turner is running gassers at the moment,.

The O Line is in the weight room doing squats, bench presses and flys.

The entire Defense is in the training room getting new shoes.

The rest of the team is running 60 laps.

Ryan is throwing Darts against Phil Taylor, everytime Ryan loses a game

Abe and Babbs are to give him a swirly.

We are going to TRASH the Giants this week.

Yes the team got beat, but it had nothing to do with looking a head to the Giants and ignoring the Panthers. Falcons were well aware who they were playing and did their best to win. Let's not make excuses.

What is irrational is saying because fans are critical that they should go and be Aints fan? Talk about a non-sequitur. The reason why fans are upset is because they want the Falcons to do GREAT, so it makes no sense for them to go root for another team.

What would make more sense is for "fans" who don't seem to care that the Falcons lost, to go root for other teams.

Homer trolls make believe that their apathy to a loss, accounts for being a "real" fan when all it does it show that they really don't care and are happy with ANYTHING thrown out on the field that simply has a Falcon's logo. If the Falcons had Rodney Peete as their starting QB, and were killed game after game, all they would do is label critics as "trolls" and attempt to have them banned in order to protect their little piece of cyber turf, and to squash any criticism given by the fans and media.

Is a true fan someone who wants the team to do great or is a true fan who simply roots for anything that simply has a specific team logo on the helmets and uniforms of players?

Edited by Objective Critic

I just want the Falcons to win every week. I know that isn't realistic, possible or likely. When I see what looks like obvious problems with the team I thought the Falcon message board might be a good place to come and rationally discuss them.

I don't want anyone cut or fired....But I also don't want to watch the rest of this season with blinders on....oblivious to the areas where this team needs improvement.

Should I go root for the Saints? (I threw up in my mouth a little even typing that).

I just want the Falcons to win every week. I know that isn't realistic, possible or likely. When I see what looks like obvious problems with the team I thought the Falcon message board might be a good place to come and rationally discuss them.

I don't want anyone cut or fired....But I also don't want to watch the rest of this season with blinders on....oblivious to the areas where this team needs improvement.

Should I go root for the Saints? (I threw up in my mouth a little even typing that).

Great post.

Another 'you aint a fan' because we dont want games like last week to happen again.

I say why dont the people tired of us being concerned go be aints fans. How that sounds?

It seems these people are moaning more than the people pointing out issues in the games.