Falcons/giants - Tell Me How We Win.....

g-dawg

I see this as a similiar match-up as last year. In spite of Giants struggles to date this season, they are a team that is solid on both sides of the line of scrimmage - good running game, good receivers and a domnant pass rush - and, oh yeah, a QB with a SuperBowl pedigree and the most clutch playoff QB - outdueled the previous dominant playoff QB(Tom Brady) twice over last 4 years.

Giants are now in "must-win" mode and they have shown the ability to be able to play their best on the road and also in December.

I don't see how Falcons win this game........Falcons cannot run the ball this year and won't be able to do it against the Giants.

Falcons cannot block the interior of Saints/Panthers - why will we be able to block the Giants who are solid at every position.

Falcons defense cannot get off the field.

How do we win this game? I wanna believe - but what is our path to victory? i don't see it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Negatorris

Nolan will rattle Manning just like his bro. If Moore and Asante can play, Eli will throw us two picks minimum.

Defense will need to show up for us to win.

We need to throw alot of passes over 20 yards this game. The underneath stuff aint going to fly with the Giants. Attack their weakness. . the deep ball with one on ones and mismatches as well as slants. Kill that d-line with a heavy dose of Quizz and then Turner later on from the middle of the third till game's end.

Defensively, let's see that amoeba again.

STs, keep it steady like youve been doing all season, dont go stupid

I feel we are going to win

Edited by Falcon Knight

We have to somehow contain one of the best pass rushing defensive lines in the league while being one of the best pass rushing, run stopping defensive lines in the league. Then of course, catch passes and not throw interceptions. That's how we win.

so, in other words, import some new good players along the offensive line and defensive line before the game.......good strategy :)

i know what you are saying

I see this as a similiar match-up as last year. In spite of Giants struggles to date this season, they are a team that is solid on both sides of the line of scrimmage - good running game, good receivers and a domnant pass rush - and, oh yeah, a QB with a SuperBowl pedigree and the most clutch playoff QB - outdueled the previous dominant playoff QB(Tom Brady) twice over last 4 years.

Giants are now in "must-win" mode and they have shown the ability to be able to play their best on the road and also in December.

I don't see how Falcons win this game........Falcons cannot run the ball this year and won't be able to do it against the Giants.

Falcons cannot block the interior of Saints/Panthers - why will we be able to block the Giants who are solid at every position.

Falcons defense cannot get off the field.

How do we win this game? I wanna believe - but what is our path to victory? i don't see it.

Ok Dawg here we go and stop laughing when I say this we are going to run the F/Ball early with Quizz and Turner giving the different run looks early much like the start against NO I think the Falcons will try and do this early against a very good Giants D-line.

Plan B if the first 2 series add up 0 MS DK stand back I put our fate in Ryan's hands up tempo the game with quick 3 step drops establish momentum.I actually think Roddy Julio and TG are going to have big games for us in this one.

It disappoints me when I read some replies that our team that has hit a SPEED BUMP and yet by some of these responses it seems we shouldn't even bother turning up according to some fans I mean its Monday the game is 6-7 days away and our loyal so called fanbase has already thrown our team under the bus.OMG what a great fanbase we have would'nt you just love to go to war with some of you guys next to you at the first sign of trouble pick up sticks and run hahahahaha ATL Falcons fans a fair % are just fairweather fans all good when we are travelling well disappear and all the negative stuff when we are in the midst of a special season.

Edited by kiwifalcon

We need to throw alot of passes over 20 yards this game. The underneath stuff aint going to fly with the Giants. Attack their weakness. . the deep ball with one on ones and mismatches as well as slants. Kill that d-line with a heavy dose of Quizz and then Turner later on from the middle of the third till game's end.

Defensively, let's see that amoeba again.

STs, keep it steady like youve been doing all season, dont go stupid

I feel we are going to win

Definitely agree with this.....We do have to unleash Julio and Roddy on this very suspect Giants secondary....

Of course, in order for that to work our offensive line has to give Ryan a good bit more time to let the route(s) fully develop.....

O line is the key to this game. They put an effort anywhere near what they did yesterday and we get blown out.

Run no huddle and throw a lot of screen passes early. Cut block Osi and JPP early and often. The combo of the no huddle and the screen passes will slow those guys down severely later in the game.

On defense lots of zone blitzes. Eli will throw you the ball if you pressure him, and he can be confused, and that's what they need to get him to do.

Didn't the Falcons shut down Von Miller and Dumervil for the most part? Trent Cole and Babin? Ware? Is it possible that the Falcons OL is bad, but played the worst game of their lives against Carolina? That they won't get completely manhandled? The Falcons are a better team than the Giants, I think it will show.

Run no huddle and throw a lot of screen passes early. Cut block Osi and JPP early and often. The combo of the no huddle and the screen passes will slow those guys down severely later in the game.

On defense lots of zone blitzes. Eli will throw you the ball if you pressure him, and he can be confused, and that's what they need to get him to do.

Koetter is starting to get as predictable as Mularkey. Is Mike Smith micro-managing Koetter?

First down & 10: Run up the middle w/ Michael Turner for 2 yard loss

Second down & 12: Screen pass to Quizz for 2 yard game

Third down & 10: Pass to Gonzalez for 6 yards and he fights for another 2 yards

Fourth down and 2: Punt the Ball....

Matt needs to spend some time on mechanics this week. It seems his footwork is off causing him to be off target; been a trend for a few weeks. Everything else takes care of itself, I expect Nolan will put together a scheme the same way he did for Peyton.

Hard to have good foot work when you can't step into your throws because you're running for your life.

They also lost to Dallas amongst many other inferior teams. Hence the adage "any given Sunday".

this is getting old......Falcanuck, I so desperately want to believe Falcons are going to step up, but we have fallen into the familiar pattern.

Falcons have NEVER raised their level of play in 5 years to a level that inspires confidence. We have beaten some good teams at last minute - at home - never a great team, but some good teams.

Giants are a team that is not perfect and has weaknesses - but they are SuperBowl caliber and have an ability to raise their level of play. Giants are strong in the right areas to do this - QB/Defensive Line. Giants have solid talent around the great talent.

If Falcons win versus Giants - i would love to eat the biggest plate of crow around - would be honored to do so.

Giants are the absolute worst match-up in NFL for the Falcons because they are so dominant on the line of scrimmage and Falcons are so horrible on the LOS.