Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdc1963

Will New Stadium Psl Take You Out Of The Game

29 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, yes. I've had season tickets for 10-years and have to scrimp and save to do so. Expecting fans to invest as much on PSLs as many of us spend on our family car is a tough pill to swallow. At least car dealers give us long term financing -- I read the PSL financing option is likely "split into 3 convenient payments". Convenient for who?

Thanks for that info mtman. If ours is like theirs I may be able to swing it.

I guess there's no sense in speculating, we'll see what the real deal is when the time comes.

Mega Flare likes this

It really does depend on how much the fee is. And what happens if you move to another section? Will they charge/refund the difference? Make you pay the whole thing again? We'll have to wait for full details.

Mega Flare likes this

STH for 11th year now. The PSL, if it's a $1,000 per seat will end my STH. By the way, as far as the new stadium......why could't we just put the scissors to the existing roof of the Ga Dome?

It really does depend on how much the fee is. And what happens if you move to another section? Will they charge/refund the difference? Make you pay the whole thing again? We'll have to wait for full details.

This is exactly how I feel. If our prices are close to the Titans', I'll stay on as a STH. We'll see how badly Blank wants the population inside the stadium to reflect the population outside the stadium, as he said before.

gtrslkr likes this

Blank mentioned that PSL program in his interview with 790 The Zone today, but it's not on their website yet. He said the prices will be adjusted to the market here so people inside the stadium will reflect people outside, just like when he lowered prices after he bought the team.

Just browsing through, but want to know what a "PSL" is. I looked at the link to the Titans ticket pricing, but have no clue as to what those letters stand for. Thanks.

PSL = Permanent Seat License... something you pay to have the opportunity to pay for season tickets.

Wow!! I had no idea. So you pay a fee to be able to purchase the season tickets? If I'm understanding right, what is the purpose? (Aside from money, I'm sure). Is this each year?

I don't mean to thread-jack, I just never knew this stuff.

I also heard Mr. Blank say (on 790), that the PSL was NOT going to be a big part of their Financing Structure (as it was in Dallas), so I hope he keeps his word and that they are in fact reasonable. We'll see.

I hope Arthur Blank keeps his word; however, if he said "significant"...perhaps that means we will have a smaller PSLs, but any PSL other than a few hundred bucks is too much for me.

If the new stadium brings PSL...I'm out. It will be cheaper to get Direct TV and the Game Day Package. I'll watch the games from the comfort of my own home. If this happens, it will be pretty sad considering how many years it took to consistently fill the dome with dedicated fans.

If you are in the lower level, your PSL could be five figures per seat, depending on where you are. Upper deck corners, not so much.

There are a lot of folks who squeeze their budgets and sell games to afford the better seats. PSLs will put an end to that and inplement a class system at the stadium. The wealthy and corporations will own the lower sidelines while the working-class will be relegated to the nosebleeds.

This is my first year as a season ticket holder, and I don't even live in Atlanta! The PSL is a dealbreaker, and nothing but a financial bonus for the NFL owners. Sad thing is, PSL's have been part of college football for years. Hate it; I can't see continuing to buy my Falcons tickets once this new fee is in place.

Wow!! I had no idea. So you pay a fee to be able to purchase the season tickets? If I'm understanding right, what is the purpose? (Aside from money, I'm sure). Is this each year?

I don't mean to thread-jack, I just never knew this stuff.

It's like a fund for a stadium. Most of the time it's broken up over a few years. A lot of team do it. I don't know where the questions are coming from asking about cutting the top off of the dome. They have a mission, and have spoken. If they can't get fan support here, LA will proudly give it. Then, we will have a dome that will lose even more money.

Blank mentioned that PSL program in his interview with 790 The Zone today, but it's not on their website yet. He said the prices will be adjusted to the market here so people inside the stadium will reflect people outside, just like when he lowered prices after he bought the team.

Yea they will be adjusted ...... UP.

And they have to tear down two longstanding churches, relocate a portion of MLK Blvd........by the time the new stadium is built, the old Dome torn down for a new parking deck, it could take beyond 2017 for ribbon cutting.

And they have to tear down two longstanding churches, relocate a portion of MLK Blvd........by the time the new stadium is built, the old Dome torn down for a new parking deck, it could take beyond 2017 for ribbon cutting.

It'll be done on time, they're not building a pyramid here.. these type of structures have to meet deadlines and are structured to do so. 2.5-3.5 years is average.

PSL = Permanent Seat License... something you pay to have the opportunity to pay for season tickets.

I expect to be pushed out as well.

Close, but not quite, it's PERSONAL Seat License, they do have benefits, those that do buy in would have the first right of refusal on any events taking place in the new stadium. IE Final Four/SEC Champ/Concert Tickets, there are plenty of events in ATL that you can turn a profit on or enjoy yourself. Most are hard to get tickets to begin with. You OWN a seat so you have the first chance to buy a seat for events. The Redskins have a PSL on some seats and we were able to get Army/Navy tickets for face value, mean while on the secondary market a $70 4 row seat was going for $400+.