Fix These Four Issues, And We Win A Superbowl

MrJay

I dont get why everyone wants to trade Matt Ryan, to me he is the least of our issues right now. Yes, he going through a short slump but he is NOT the issue.

There are four glaring issues to me that i dont think a lot of people address on this forum.

1) Is our Offense and Defensive line play, on BOTH sides of the ball. If you are weak up front, you will never go anywhere and it's exposing this Falcons team. Our pass rush with the exception of Abe has literally been non-existent the last half of this season, we are giving QB's all day in the pocket to throw and it's hurting us. Also our Offensive Line. The O-Line ESPECIALLY in run blocking has been anemic. I know i have bashed on Turner before but even though he has slowed down i dont think he is the issue either. We need to re-evaluate this Run blocking and establish a serious ground game or we are going to be in trouble. Passing can only take you so far.

2) Our lack of execution and spark. Now don't get me wrong i love weatherspoon and Nicholas, but we just need someone to literally take control of this defense and put it on their back. I feel like we don't have any team play going on and its just everyone for themselves. Spoon is a great vocal leader but no one that has stepped up to the task of being a TRUE fierce leader that we need. Our tackling has also been pretty poor and that it's like we are ok with leaving a defender one on one to make the tackle and it always bites us in the behind. Now when i made this one it was more directed towards the offense anyways. So as far as the offense goes, we definitely need Matt Ryan or Roddy, or some type of veteran leader to really take the reigns and really inspire these dudes that they CAN win a SuperBowl and it's not all just for show.

3) Creating Turnovers on Defense. So far i have not been impressed with the way this defense handles pressure situations. They are very non-nonchalant about the way we let teams just run over us, especially in the run game. And this by no means is a bash on Mike Nolan, because i actually love what he's done with this defense. This is more directed towards the players themselves. Mike Nolan can only do so much, but just the fire and drive to want to create turnovers is not there imo and we need that in order to be a SuperBowl contender.

4) Scoring & Getting Points Early. This is actually one of the biggest issues imo as to why we find ourselves having to need to comeback in every game and that is GETTING POINTS EARLY. It seems like we are satisfied with having 4, 3∧ out drives to start off the game and not enough motivation to want to jump out on top early. I just dont know what is the deal with this offense on scoring early, it's almost like they're incapable of it and don't feel the need. I PROMISE you if we started scoring earlier in games and creating turnovers on defense we would be a more dominant team overall.

Granted 11-2 is a **** good record. But the signs the Falcons have showed me going into this last half of the season are not good. We need to fix these issues or it could get worse for us down the road. Still crossing my fingers tho

I dont get why everyone wants to trade Matt Ryan, to me he is the least of our issues right now. Yes, he going through a short slump but he is NOT the issue.

There are four glaring issues to me that i dont think a lot of people address on this forum.

1) Is our Offense and Defensive line play, on BOTH sides of the ball. If you are weak up front, you will never go anywhere and it's exposing this Falcons team. Our pass rush with the exception of Abe has literally been non-existent the last half of this season, we are giving QB's all day in the pocket to throw and it's hurting us. Also our Offensive Line. The O-Line ESPECIALLY in run blocking has been anemic. I know i have bashed on Turner before but even though he has slowed down i dont think he is the issue either. We need to re-evaluate this Run blocking and establish a serious ground game or we are going to be in trouble. Passing can only take you so far.

2) Our lack of execution and spark. Now don't get me wrong i love weatherspoon and Nicholas, but we just need someone to literally take control of this defense and put it on their back. I feel like we don't have any team play going on and its just everyone for themselves. Spoon is a great vocal leader but no one that has stepped up to the task of being a TRUE fierce leader that we need. Our tackling has also been pretty poor and that it's like we are ok with leaving a defender one on one to make the tackle and it always bites us in the behind. Now when i made this one it was more directed towards the offense anyways. So as far as the offense goes, we definitely need Matt Ryan or Roddy, or some type of veteran leader to really take the reigns and really inspire these dudes that they CAN win a SuperBowl and it's not all just for show.

3) Creating Turnovers on Defense. So far i have not been impressed with the way this defense handles pressure situations. They are very non-nonchalant about the way we let teams just run over us, especially in the run game. And this by no means is a bash on Mike Nolan, because i actually love what he's done with this defense. This is more directed towards the players themselves. Mike Nolan can only do so much, but just the fire and drive to want to create turnovers is not there imo and we need that in order to be a SuperBowl contender.

4) Scoring & Getting Points Early. This is actually one of the biggest issues imo as to why we find ourselves having to need to comeback in every game and that is GETTING POINTS EARLY. It seems like we are satisfied with having 4, 3∧ out drives to start off the game and not enough motivation to want to jump out on top early. I just dont know what is the deal with this offense on scoring early, it's almost like they're incapable of it and don't feel the need. I PROMISE you if we started scoring earlier in games and creating turnovers on defense we would be a more dominant team overall.

Granted 11-2 is a **** good record. But the signs the Falcons have showed me going into this last half of the season are not good. We need to fix these issues or it could get worse for us down the road. Still crossing my fingers tho

Terrible argument save for the first point. The defense was terrible because they had no time to rest. Did you not notice time of possession?

No defense will look good when or at the point of exhausion.

Yes the lines are crap but so has Matt Ryan. Ryan is getting yards in garbage time the way Matt Stafford did last year.

Terrible argument save for the first point. The defense was terrible because they had no time to rest. Did you not notice time of possession?

No defense will look good when or at the point of exhausion.

Yes the lines are crap but so has Matt Ryan. Ryan is getting yards in garbage time the way Matt Stafford did last year.

This is not even remotely true save for yesterday... How can the vast majority of our games be 4th quarter comebacks or one score victories and there be enough "garbage time" for Matt to rack up the yardage... that doesn't even make sense :) We've only been down by more than one score a couple of times this year, and when we get up on teams we go Mularkey on their arses...