We Grow Progressively Worse Each Week

slewis1952

I am not going to blast any player or coach. All that I obseve is that this team does not improve week after week. A different facet of the Falcons seems to collapse each week. THe offense began the season and no one could stop them. Now they get 2 first down in a whole half!! The defense did improve, but now have reached last season's inability to stop the run or the pass. Its just that way and I cannot understand why. Its a team problem and I see nothing that give me any hope for a turnaround. That is all there is to say.... plain and simple.

The offense is what's worrisome. It has regressed this year compared to last.

At least with Mularky we could run the ball and have a good pass game. I'd take that over the extra 2 screen plays a game we run

never thought koetter offered a lot different to mularkey. he added screen passes and that 4 verticals play but like they said in the offseason - much of the playbook is the exact same. playcalling has been stagnant past few weeks, especially the last 2 games.

even in the no huddle, the plays just seem forced. there's no natural flow or rhythm which is what matt used to give us. ball used to be out rapidly on time and that's when matt is at his best. everyone on offence needs to step up their game. I think koetter is being figured out. game plan was terrible. dont think we gained 50 yards without the no huddle.

what about the 4th down play call? no one actually looked like getting open. didnt help that mcclure/blalock completely messed up and let a DT dart past in between them.

Yeah when the interior o-line is consistently giving up pressure up the middle like ours has been there's not a lot you can do from a playcalling standpoint.

Sure you can do toss plays to the outside but that's only going to work once or twice and I think we had already run it a few times by the 4th down play.

This is it. Interior o-line is awful. There isn't really a bandaid for that.

Correct. Which is why it'll take a miracle to win a playoff game. We'll have no running game and Ryan will be pressured throughout the game. Meanwhile, the other team will be running wild and the opposing QB will have an eternity to throw.

Correct. Which is why it'll take a miracle to win a playoff game. We'll have no running game and Ryan will be pressured throughout the game. Meanwhile, the other team will be running wild and the opposing QB will have an eternity to throw.

I don't think it will take a miracle. I do think we'll have to play our best, which is why I'm growing skeptical of our ability to get to, much less win, the SB. I haven't seen anything at all from this team this season to suggest they can play their best 3 games in a row. I can easily see us winning the 1st game and going to the NFCCG. I can see us doubling down and winning that game.

But 3 games in a row? Honestly, has anyone seen this team string together 4 solid quarters of football in 1 game, much less 2 in a row?