Wonder How They Feel In Pittsburgh?

SwampyMux12

So we're here in the ATL where the sky has fallen and killed all those associated with the Atlanta Falcons football organization. Wonder how they are handling it in Pittsburgh where they lost in similar fashion to a similar team. Only difference is that they are clawing for the final wildcard position while we seemingly are fitting into the 1 or 2 slot.

So we got handled by the (now) 4-9 Panthers on the road... Steelers handled by the (now) 5-8 Chargers at home. Something tells me that while their is some concern about their playoff hopes, the majority of fans feel they will be okay come playoff time, and still feel they are legit SB contenders. Meanwhile, we have polls declaring the Falcons to be sure fire one and dones.

Hopefully our players still hold the confidence that has apparently been shattered for many of our "beloved" fans. Truth is that losses on the road against division opponents happen quite commonly in the NFL and it really is only one loss. I've said it a few times, "I know it sucks, but it's just one game". It's one of those situations where you can dwell on a sh!tty performance and never move forward, or let it go and get better for it.

Probably would have a lot to do with their 3 Super Bowl appearances (and 2 wins) in the last 7 or 8 seasons. They been here before and still succeeded afterwards.

Falcons fans have been here before too (as we stand today). However, that's resulted in us being 1-and-done three times. See the difference?

They feel pretty good having won 6 championships, I work with a ton of people from Pittsburgh and many games ago they had written this year off as a down year with an older defense.

They're happy to even be where they are because their expectations were low

yep

for one thing, we are comparing apples and oranges with a team that has won championships very recently

when you're doing as well as they've been doing without a lot of their key players AND you're not too far removed from a championship, you can take things a lot better than a team that has never won a 'Ship & seems to be working backwards in crunch time

EXACTLY. Thank you!

I would trade a down season or two to say we won two championships in this decade

absolutely (in the voice of Matt Ryan)

when you're doing as well as they've been doing without a lot of their key players AND you're not too far removed from a championship, you can take things a lot better than a team that has never won a 'Ship & seems to be working backwards in crunch time

Smh..stop trying to justify our loss by comparing it to another team's loss..Pitt wasn't 11-1 going into the game like we were so please stop it..

cosign

They feel pretty good having won 6 championships, I work with a ton of people from Pittsburgh and many games ago they had written this year off as a down year with an older defense.

They're happy to even be where they are because their expectations were low

So winning a SB 4 yrs ago or so gives the team a break for having a down year? So if we win the SB just tell the guys to take next year off? Lmao really?

Smh..stop trying to justify our loss by comparing it to another team's loss..Pitt wasn't 11-1 going into the game like we were so please stop it..

Whos trying to justify anything here? Ur putting words in my mouth. We got whooped plain and simple. However, if you have a good team (which based on an 11-2 record we do) then one loss doesn't mean we're effed like so many want to say. I guess the point is that while the loss stings we tend to really go off the deep end round here where others tend to keep things a little more in perspective.