Let's Go Back To That 2 Point Conversion Play

I feel it shouldn't have come down to that and you shouldn't let the refs decide the game..

..at the same time this is the NFL, a league of parity, involving close games virtually every single time.. And proper officiating should be expected for a multibillion dollar industry to give the two teams(the money makers of it all) an equal chance each

Edited by Dirtybird56

Guest Negatorris

What pissed me off is that they said the catch was good, then overruled it like 10 minutes later. That conversion makes it a 1 possession game. Maybe the defense doesn't fk up after, who knows. We should have never been down 23-0 though. That's unacceptable.

What in the **** ever made them think he bobbled it?

Props to Gus Johnson for basically yelling to Mike Peirara that there's nothing that suggested it wasn't a catch.

Absolutely terrible call, with no justification whatsoever.

Well, it was just one of those days. There was not reason for him to call it incomplete. He should have called it complete, and it would have been an automatic review. Then, if they determined that he bobbled it. The call could have been overturned. This was an instance that the ref knew what he was doing. Just like the late call on the false start.

I think a one score game changes playcalling across the board

Changes play calling for WHO? A team that's FIRED up with NOTHING to lose? I highly doubt it. They set out to dominate us this week and did just that. I hope this is a wake up call for us.

Anyways, another thing I noticed. Why don't we randomly run HURRY up in the beginning of games anymore? I get the feeling that sometimes we need to speed things up just to throw our opponents off a bit.

Changes play calling for WHO? A team that's FIRED up with NOTHING to lose? I highly doubt it. They set out to dominate us this week and did just that. I hope this is a wake up call for us.

Anyways, another thing I noticed. Why don't we randomly run HURRY up in the beginning of games anymore? I get the feeling that sometimes we need to speed things up just to throw our opponents off a bit.

Nolan would've been calling a different gameplan with a one score game. Carolina would've called different plays on offense.

Does that mean we would've been more successful? No, but the chances would've been better

Nolan would've been calling a different gameplan with a one score game. Carolina would've called different plays on offense.

Does that mean we would've been more successful? No, but the chances would've been better

I won't sit here and pretend to get my Ms. Cleo on.

All I know is.. the 2pt conversion didn't LOSE this game for us.

Yes. After that 2pt conversion we gave up that LONG TD. So that excuse is NULLIFIED. TRY AGAIN, buddy.

had that totally BS call not happened, our mindset could have been totally different and the long run never happened.

come on bro. . . you know how emotional football is. could have made a big difference.

had that totally BS call not happened, our mindset could have been totally different and the long run never happened.

come on bro. . . you know how emotional football is. could have made a big difference.

This is exactly why I hate SHOULD HAVE... WOULD HAVE... COULD HAVE thread ideas.

Just aimless ideas. We lost and the 2 point conversion wasn't the obvious culprit here.

Edited by Oh4Real?!

Bringing up the 2 pt conversion call does sound like a lame excuse but anger over the call isn't unwarranted. In a way, it reminded me of the infield fly call against the Braves in the Wild Card Game. The Braves had played a terrible game and had no one but themselves to blame for the situation they were in. They were likely going to loose. Then, in one moment, there was hope. Then, that hope was ripped away through a terrible call by an official. The ball dropping in the outfield would have given the Braves new life, momentum and would have changed the whole complexion of the game. They still may not have won the game but now we'll never know, will we? An incompetent official didn't cost us the game but cost us at least having a chance. The same exact thing can be said about the 2 pt conversion call today. So sick and tiered of officials in professional sports who seem to think that everyone who paid for a ticket to the game and tuned in on TV did so to watch them officiate. At least this game wasn't as critical to the Falcons as the Wild Card Game was to the Braves.

Falcons lost because of terrible play but not getting the two point conversion completely changed the game. Falcons not only lost two points to make the game a one possession game but also a timeout. Therefore all play calling changes. For instance if the falcons are down one score with two time outs, they can punt the ball and look for a stop deep in Panther territory. But in the end falcons had a chance to get off the field and duntae holds.

Edited by montanaman71