I Can Understand Optimism, But Some People Are Acting Like Todays Game Didn't Happen

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you have to remain optimistic but the fact of the matter it happens in the league any team can beat anyone on there day and we as fans have to accept that the Panthers were just better across the park on this day.This hasn't knocked my optimism for this team in the play-offs one iota sure there are problems but after a loss like this I expect us to bounce back next week against the Giants.

The Giants D line is going to feast on our O-line. I hope Ryan and the coaching staff is prepared to deal with that

I said this same thing in 2010 and 2011. . . how bliss and happy I was.

What's the point of going Chicken Little, though? So you can be "right" that your team will lose? Congrats, we'll both have egg on our face but I had fun in the interim.

This team has made many people eat crow this year. Until there's no more football left to play, I have to believe that they can still win.

The Giants D line is going to feast on our O-line. I hope Ryan and the coaching staff is prepared to deal with that

Have you watched the Giants D-line in the last 4 weeks they have turned up once against GB and got eaten alive against the Redskins and have been inconsistent at best.

Now I understand what they are capable of but I also no what our offense is capable of also so I'm expecting they'll get a fire lit under them next week at practise and a better performance will insue.

What I don't get is all this BS heaven is falling garbage everytime this team under performs its made out this doesn't happen to even the best teams in the league like we are immune from this.Man I give it the 24 hour rule let all our fans vent then lets move on please.

What starters would anyone trade for with Carolina?

We have a better QB, better receivers, better TE, better defensive players across the board.

We had no business losing this

So, we played a college team? The players for Carolina are pretty good players. We have one better LB than them. Thomas Davis, Jon Beason are both great. Charles Johnson is one of the better DE's in the NFL. The trash talk guy actually has 9 sacks on the season. So, there is not slacking on defense. Cam is young, but still very talented. DeAngelo Williams can start for any NFL team. Greg Olsen can start for any team, as well as Steve Smith. So, I really don't get this thing about "We had no business losing". You guys call people like myself blind and homer. Actually, I am neither. I just don't believe that it's the end of the world.

It was not a good sign heading down the stretch. We shoulda been tuning up on those boys, but instead we got our clock cleaned. Not a good sign, just like when we lost to the Saints at home last season in December, MNF, as we headed into the playoffs.

Anything can happen (and something better happen PDQ), but that was, by far, the worst half of Falcons football I can remember in a looooong time. Not a good sign.

We just lost to a 3-9 team.

Yes, I am all about moving forward, but we can't act like we didn't just get beat down by a drastically inferior team.

We need to be CRUSHING inferior teams and I think with our talent we SHOULD be!

We wouldn't be 11-2 if we couldn't...

So what is it that you want?

You want the message board members in unison to cry about what happened today?

If the Falcons beat the Giants next week, this game just won't matter anymore. So I am just going to wait til next week and see how it goes.

What's the point of going Chicken Little, though? So you can be "right" that your team will lose? Congrats, we'll both have egg on our face but I had fun in the interim.

This team has made many people eat crow this year. Until there's no more football left to play, I have to believe that they can still win.

chicken little. . .what the helll is that?

Another egg about to be laid in Jan.

"Any given Sunday" doesn't fly in the playoffs. At some point, this team will have to stop constantly falling on their face and being forced to "rise up". WTFis up w/ not responding to Hardy's comments that the Panthers are better? Seriously, is that all you got?

1. any given sunday

2. you win some and you lose some

3. just one game

4. just two losses on the season

5. 11-2 baby!!!

6. so what. . .CAR out of contention anyway

7. we didnt bring our A game

8. this game didnt matter

9. we got the division already anywya

10. aint no one catching us anyway for that one seed

11. playoffs still going thru the Dome

Have you watched the Giants D-line in the last 4 weeks they have turned up once against GB and got eaten alive against the Redskins and have been inconsistent at best.

Now I understand what they are capable of but I also no what our offense is capable of also so I'm expecting they'll get a fire lit under them next week at practise and a better performance will insue.

What I don't get is all this BS heaven is falling garbage everytime this team under performs its made out this doesn't happen to even the best teams in the league like we are immune from this.Man I give it the 24 hour rule let all our fans vent then lets move on please.

Therein lays lies the problem. We all know what our offense is capable of, but...... we're not as "explosive" as we should be. When we CONSISTANTLY see performances like the one we witnessed today against inferior teams (barely scraped by Arizona and Seattle already has a 31 point lead.... BEFORE the half), we get agitated. We all want to see our team win it all, but lets be honest, we've been lucky to get some of these wins. Don't get me wrong, a win is a win and I'll take that any day, but there's only so far that this kind of play will go. Hopefully we get hot starting next week and go into the playoffs as the hot team

You never get too high and you never get too low, Peyton. That's one reason you're one of my favorite posters on these here boards.

I'm just trying to keep the whole season in context. The Falcons are in the playoffs, and they are going to play a home game.

Now, they may indeed lose in the playoffs again this year, even at home. But if they do, it won't be because they lost the game today.

So..the game really wasn't that important, it was a natural let down game for a bunch of different reasons.

I'm just trying to keep the whole season in context. The Falcons are in the playoffs, and they are going to play a home game.

Now, they may indeed lose in the playoffs again this year, even at home. But if they do, it won't be because they lost the game today.

So..the game really wasn't that important, it was a natural let down game for a bunch of different reasons.

As much as I hated how we looked today for 2.5 quarters, I have to agree.

I have no problem with your optimistic views. . . just don't bash me because my views differ from yours. . . cant we have intelligent discussion without personal attacks and bashing?

I came here seeking just that. . .seems I was wrong. . .

Personal attacks? Bashing? Uh, what?

Not surprising you react to a loss in much the same manner you react to being called Chicken Little.

So what is it that you want?

You want the message board members in unison to cry about what happened today?

If the Falcons beat the Giants next week, this game just won't matter anymore. So I am just going to wait til next week and see how it goes.

So why were you so concerned and thought it thread worthy to point out how bad the Falcons "O" was at home.

Considering they laid an egg for over a half of football and on the the road should be a concern. Hard to knock the OP considering your

thread. No way a team should look that unprepared and lifeless for a half after a mini-bye against a known opponent.

Edited by Mid-Nite-Toker

Problem is, right now that is a HUGE "If". Based on our play the last couple of weeks, I fear that their D-line is just going to dominate the Falcons and we could have another game like this week.

So why were you so concerned and thought it thread worthy to point out how bad the Falcons "O" was at home.

Considering they laid an egg for over a half of football and on the the road should be a concern. Hard to knock the OP considering your

thread. No way a team should look that unprepared and lifeless for a half after a mini-bye against a known opponent.

I wasn't concerned. I started that thread because I thought it was fascinating statistically.

Problem is, right now that is a HUGE "If". Based on our play the last couple of weeks, I fear that their D-line is just going to dominate the Falcons and we could have another game like this week.

It's possible that all of the Falcon's critics are right and the Falcons just aren't that good. But whining about the Falcons game today isn't going to change that, so I am just going to keep watching and see how it turns out.

It's possible that all of the Falcon's critics are right and the Falcons just aren't that good. But whining about the Falcons game today isn't going to change that, so I am just going to keep watching and see how it turns out.

But that's the point of a message board. If we just said, 'let's wait to see how it turns out' this would be the lamest thing around! blink.png

So, I will follow up Peyton. Do you want everyone on the message board to cry about us not scoring for 2 and a half? Oh yeah, that's right. We are suppose to beat everyone. You have to be perfect to win in the playoffs, and go to the Super Bowl.