You Want A Meaningful Game? You Want A Playoff Measuring Stick.

AF89

We're coming off a loss and pending what the Giants do against the Saints we might even be the first 11-2 team in the history of the NFL to be an underdog in their own building. (doubt it though prolly be a pick em)

We have absolutely no reason to look past this team, no excuses for why if we're as good as we think we are, we can't win this game. You want people to take you seriously Falcons players? You want 3 win teams to quit saying their better than you. Do you want opposing fans and players to stop pointing at your eventual homefield advantage as an albatross?(seriously how many 11 wins teams get this much sh^t). Every week being a "trap game"

Then get your head out your @ss, buckle your chin strap and give Smitty the best 6 days of practice he's ever seen. Be ready this week!

And as for you Smitty, your the winningest coach in franchise history and I love you. But we've surrounded you with weapons and it's time for you to grab this franchise by the balls and act like the coach we know and seen you to be. We can make all the noise about the coordinators we want but this is your fugging team,your the head coach and it's on you to have them prepared.

Offensive line you know what you have to do. You have a franchise player behind you but week after week you offer him up like a mayan sacrifice. Dig your heels in boyz and take it to em for a change instead letting their Dline dictate the pace. Time to f^ck some sh^t up.

Matt I know it's asking alot of a human being and you've given so much just for us to be in this position in the first place. But it's time to take your game to the next level. Stand in there, take the hit and deliver the pass, no more dancing around that's not your game. You have greatness within you anybody with lick a sense can see it. You already read plays pretty fast bro, but you need to challenge your self to read em' just a bit faster. Anything you can do to become just a little bit better in all area's then do it. If you Roddy, Julio and Gonzo need to come in on the off days and fine tune your craft well then so be it.

Falcon fans, I know this is rough but don't freaking give up.There's alot to be said and done before the book on the Falcons 2012 season comes to a close. We can't control what the players do on the field, it's out of our hands which brings me to the crux of this entire stupid rant. What YOU CAN do is give these boys the best d@mn homefield advantage you possibly can. Not only next week but as we go into the playoffs. No the final outcome is not going to be within your control but you can effect it. There's alot to be said for what an electric atmosphere can do for a defense.

Back to the players (they'll never see this but I hope through the grapevine they get the message), please don't let us down. You have the opportunity to do something special, but you can't go out and expect fate to give it to you. Victory is a fickle mistress and it's not always just going to fall into your lap.Sometimes you have to take it...

The calendar is turning gentleman and January is fast approaching....

Time to put up or shut up.

I always want to be optmistic, but maybe all these close games are catching up to us, at the worst time.

Nothing we can do now but wait and see. Maybe we're just not that good. Maybe we're just a product of luck and a fortunate schedule. Or maybe this licking to a supposedly vastly inferior team is the shot in the a$$ we need to shake off the NyQuil and play like we give a d@mn

Who can say....

Lots of football left to be played though. I suspect this won't be our last up and down that we'll experience this season.

Nothing the Falcons have done this season will mean anything once the regular season is over, except for the playoff seeding. All perceptions will be irrelevant.

No they don't Peyton but it's got to start somewhere. If not next week then when? Can they just flip a switch come the divisional round? Man I hope so....

We're going to need to see a completely different team than the one we've seen the last month and a half though I can promise you that.

No they don't Peyton but it's got to start somewhere. If not next week then when? Can they just flip a switch come the divisional round? Man I hope so....

It would be great for the fans confidence, and maybe the team's too, but you never know.

At this point in the season a couple of years ago the Pats rolled the Jets 45-3 on the way to their 14-2 record. Then the Jets beat them by two TDs in the playoffs.

So...you just never know. The Falcons have done the first important part, which is to get into the tournament.

It would be great for the fans confidence, and maybe the team's too, but you never know.

At this point in the season a couple of years ago the Pats rolled the Jets 45-3 on the way to their 14-2 record. Then the Jets beat them by two TDs in the playoffs.

So...you just never know. The Falcons have done the first important part, which is to get into the tournament.

I love my team but in this respect I have to be brutally honest. A big part of the reason teams like the Giants, Pats and Steelers can get their butts handed to em on Sunday and be perennial favorites by Monday is that they PROVEN they have the ability to flip the postseason switch. Can the Falcons do this...?

It's not impossible but right now my eyes and brain just don't see it. Our best chance for the postseason success imo is going into our divisional round game with some momentum. We can't be content to point to our record and say "look there's proven success, other teams have rebounded from worse we will too."

It's just my opinion but I don't think our team's current emotional make-up can survive going into the postseason, flat with everybody and his brother predicting a swift and anti climatic end to yet another homefield advantage run. We've seen how they've responded to that before, a few times they've answered the call but as we all know on the biggest of stages, they haven't just come up short they've been embarrassed.

Maybe they'll find that switch, I hope they do, I'll be there celebrate or suffer with them regardless.