The Great Matt Ryan Debate

Is it just me or is he the most schizo QB in the league? He looks WAY too much like Joey Harrington 2.0 sometimes...it's like he takes a glance at one receiver and then goes "F it i'm going to dump it off". Also, and this has bothered me WAY too many times...he audibles into a bum draw play...it's like he ignores the matchups and doesn't want to get hit and defaults into some crappy draw play that doesn't work.

Also, for being the brainiac QB he's painted as, he throws WAY too many passes right into the chest of defenders. Other QB's throw picks because they don't see a safety closing or something along those lines...Ryan just throws it right to a guy. It seems to me sometimes he decides where he's throwing the ball before he even snaps the ball. That's a big problem in zone coverage where defensive players are sitting and waiting on passes.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction to the loss, but there's a pattern here that isn't setting well. Granted mularkey was a dope, but it wasn't mularkey that threw that pick to tramon williams or in Ryan's first playoff game against the Cardinals.

I think dude has the skills but he gets way too jumpy in the pocket and makes some pretty awful decisions. Maybe after a couple more years he will get more used to the NFL game but I don't honestly like our chances with how easily frightened and jumpy he gets.

On a side note, Rodgers>Turner. This offense is so much better when Rodgers is on the field.

Edited by Desert_Falcon

1.) Matt Ryan is not athletic enough to evade pass rushers or extend the play.

2.) The O-line, especially McClure, lacks the strength to handle the rush or set up runs.

3.) This offense is too timing based, and when WRs get jammed on the line, Matt Ryan is unable to cope with the dynamics. As other posters pointed it out, Ryan makes his reads pre-snap, and either the intended target is open or not. He doesn't seem to be going through his progressions. I see a lot of open recievers and he is forcing the ball way too much.

4.) Turner needs a FB to be effective, and Jizz needs to be used more if they are going single back.

2.) The O-line, especially McClure, lacks the strength to handle the rush or set up runs.

3.) This offense is too timing based, and when WRs get jammed on the line, Matt Ryan is unable to cope with the dynamics. As other posters pointed it out, Ryan makes his reads pre-snap, and either the intended target is open or not. He doesn't seem to be going through his progressions. I see a lot of open recievers and he is forcing the ball way too much.

4.) Turner needs a FB to be effective, and Jizz needs to be used more if they are going single back.

You know what. I'll agree, on all points. Although, only a select few QBs are athletic enough to evade pressure like Matt Ryan saw today.

number 3..

Is it just me or is he the most schizo QB in the league? He looks WAY too much like Joey Harrington 2.0 sometimes...it's like he takes a glance at one receiver and then goes "F it i'm going to dump it off". Also, and this has bothered me WAY too many times...he audibles into a bum draw play...it's like he ignores the matchups and doesn't want to get hit and defaults into some crappy draw play that doesn't work.

Also, for being the brainiac QB he's painted as, he throws WAY too many passes right into the chest of defenders. Other QB's throw picks because they don't see a safety closing or something along those lines...Ryan just throws it right to a guy. It seems to me sometimes he decides where he's throwing the ball before he even snaps the ball. That's a big problem in zone coverage where defensive players are sitting and waiting on passes.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction to the loss, but there's a pattern here that isn't setting well. Granted mularkey was a dope, but it wasn't mularkey that threw that pick to tramon williams or in Ryan's first playoff game against the Cardinals.

I think dude has the skills but he gets way too jumpy in the pocket and makes some pretty awful decisions. Maybe after a couple more years he will get more used to the NFL game but I don't honestly like our chances with how easily frightened and jumpy he gets.

On a side note, Rodgers>Turner. This offense is so much better when Rodgers is on the field.

Blow me beyotch, come here comparing him to Joey, man GTFO ......

I dunno he didn't get hit near as much as last time we played the panties. the OL has been much better in pass protection this year, and last time we played them he had way less pressure. Even with time he had some horrible throws today. He missed some wide open first down throws on outs and curls, which from the Mularkey days, he should have down to a T.

My point stands, he seems to get frightened and jumpy way too easy. His protection wasn't that bad.

I hope everyone took notice of what was just said here. Hit the nail on the head

I hate it when our QB throws for 340+ yards and 2TD's.

Makes me want to compare him to JOEY FREAKING HARRINGTON?

ARE YOU PEOPLE ON CRACK?

LOL just saying the nervous dumpoffs need to stop. That's where the Harrington thing comes in. As for the stats, let's not forget the awful interception that sealed the game for the Panties. Too much forcing stuff and needless check downs. I still think the biggest problem is he's making his mind up where the ball is going before the snap.

Awful interception?

You ARE ON CRACK.

For real. The interception was actually the only positive on that 4th down play. If Davis would have dropped it, the Panthers would have been 10 yards closer to the endzone.

This thread is moronic. Name one player on this team that played better than Matt Ryan did. You can't.