Reading The Picks For Tomorrow And Ran Across This...

Ergo Proxy

http://msn.foxsports...***-ever-120412

"Atlanta at Carolina: I’m starting to read a lot of comparisons being made between the 2001 Patriots and the 2012 Atlanta Falcons. That New England team, similar to this Atlanta one, did not win with much flair or glamour. There were few blowouts, no huge statistical performances, and the defense was far more “bend but don’t break” than “shut every team out and win by 30.” Is Matt Ryan the next Tom Brady? Did Thomas Dimitroff finally find a way to seep what he learned in New England down the org chart in Atlanta? Is Mike Smith capable of winning a football game in January? I don’t know. But I’ll say this — if a 9-7 Giants team were to play the 15-1 Falcons in the Divisional Round this January in Atlanta, I’d probably still pick New York to win that game. I suspect I’m not alone.

The Pick: Falcons 34, Panthers 28"

Really? If Atlanta wins the next 4 games straight, and plays at home this year vs the Giants we aren't favorites at home?

Atlanta was a poor team last year in attempted transition offensively, inconsistent, and also stagnating defensively; we never peaked last season. This year? Atlanta may have yet to actually peak, yet there isn't stagnation. The foundation has been refined with an actual DC in Nolan that puts players in position to make a play and an actual passing oriented offensive system with Dirk in place, instead of Mike Mularkey's "small balls" system that was holding this team back.

I for one say bring it. I suspect I'm not alone. Come here and try to think we'll be pushovers like in 2010. What Buzzsaw is hot in the NFC right now anyway? No one is running away with anything, except Atlanta wrapping up the #1 seed earlier this time with a different and much BETTER team.

Protect this house. Bring on Peyton's younger brother next week.

Guest Negatorris

I wouldn't expect many people who aren't Falcons fans like us to pick us to win in the playoffs, but can you blame them? We just need to go out and win.

We have to win the superbowl point blank. No matter who we play it will be more about their short comings then what we do well. It will be "ok the Falcons won a game but they only beat the 9-7 Giants/Redskins, who was lucky to even make the playoffs. They can't beat a real team." We must win every game to silence the critics.

Edited by B_Lo_Touchdowns

We have to win the superbowl point blank. No matter who we play it will be more about their short comings then what we do well. It will be "ok the Falcons won a game but they only beat the 9-7 Giants/Redskins, who was lucky to even make the playoffs. They can't beat a real team." We must win every game to silence the critics.

Exactly. You're 100% right on this one.

All that I can say is Bring It!!! It's not about blaming them for not liking us or not. It's not about the 2001 Patriots. Say what you like, and leave it at that. If someone will pick the Giants over us. Pick them because of their success in the playoffs, not for our recent lack. I swear, I hate reading BS, and then it has to hit home. This is not about the Giants, Packers, Bears, Seahawks, 49ers, or any other potential playoff team. This is about the Falcons.

The national talking heads don't realize how different this year's team is from previous years. The last time I felt confident abt our team going in to the playoffs was the 1998 season. I even felt good going in to that Superbowl.....until the moment Eugene Robinson made news. I knew it was all over before kickoff.

This is the first Ryan-led team I feel confident abt going in to the playoffs. A few key pieces added along with new coordinators that are making things happen. This season is just different from previous years.

Winning in the playoffs is the story of our season. Let's be honest here, we all had a good feeling we'd take advantage of the division and get in, so this didn't surprise any of us. Now we prepare to the most important knock on this team, and that's winning in the playoffs. I love this team as much as anyone, but even if we win 1 and don't make it to the SB I'll still be hurt. We need to make it to the SB and play our game and hopefully win, because each year we don't, that window closes just a little bit more.

The Giants and the Mannings are the darlings of the NFL... it just comes down to beating them time and again... we beat Peyton...and now the talking head says it was not the same Peyton... I guess it was the Peyton from the bodysnatchers... there is always an excuse... next week we go up against Eli.. what will be the excuse?

The bright side of the coin... everytime one of these talking heads picks against us we make his average go down. Notice there are not many picking against us this week.

It would be fantastic to beat the Giants down this year.... we can make them a .500 team. That would be greatness in my mind. If New Orleans could win a game and then we beat them up in week 15, that puts them at 7-7

FALCONS ARE HOT AND ARE READY TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT STEP.

TODAY WE EAT CAROLINA ALIVE... AND GO FOR THE SWEEP

BE THE PREDATOR NOT THE PREY....

GoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooFALCONS

Reading it isn't the issue, it's taking it as a slight or disrespect. If they don't respect us now they aren't till we show them otherwise, and it's not a given even if we win the SB.

It's all about sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. It won't matter what people think as long as we keep winning going into the playoffs.