Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

highlightreel08

Cocaine. Should It Be Leagalized Too?

53 posts in this topic

Cocaine has a terrible rep in the world of drugs but is it really that bad? It's just as natural as Marijuana and from what I've seen doesn't effect your ability to think and function. Many musicians and actors are cocaine addicts. So does it really all boil down to taxes? Robin Williams once said "A coke addiction is god's way of telling you that you have too much money."

NO

Cocaine is very dangerous drug, being that it can litterally explode your heart.

Opiates:

These can send you into respirotary arrest.

Alcohol can poison you if you drink too much, but typically your body

will react to this by causing you to vomit.

However this is not the case for everybody.

Some people can drink until they pass out or die from poisoning.

With Cocaine, Amphetimines; and Opiate based drugs, a lethal overdose

can happen with a Small amount.

Therefore you will never see these two types of drugs legalized.

Too dangerous, too adicting.

How can any person tell others how they should live their life? My life is mine. What I chose to put in my body is my choice. Nature would weed out the chaff. And goodness only knows there are ample laws on the books to deal with public intoxication.

HoIlywood #1 pick likes this

Its the persons choice what to put in their body, whether its dangerous or not is irrelevant. If your only hurting yourself there's no reason it should be outlawed, got to make your own decisions. Drugs probably are just illegal so the cops have something to hold gang bangers on while they build murder cases against them.

I personally don't want some people hopped up on legal pcp anywhere near me... but would love me some legal lsd, which would probably be cleaner and better, does that make me a hypocrite?

having lived in europe and seen first hand how amsterdam deals with the drug issue,I say legalize everything.1.)there is not a 5th grader ANYWHERE in our country that could not tell you someone that could get you dope in a day,so the "war on drugs" is lost.2.)the DEA's budget is bigger than the Marine Corps.that money could be redirected to better uses.3.) you can rehabilitate 10 to 12 people for everyone you incarcerate,you could do away with ALL farm subsidies by allowing farmers to cultivate according to acreage(1 plant for every acre).By decriminalizing it you take away gangs #1 money maker.crime goes down.4.) education is the answer to drug addiction,Montana has aired infomercials about the meth problem starring actual meth rehabilitated addicts,their first time users dropped in one year by an estimated 90%,occasional users by 70%.astounding rates by any measure.% tax it,a proffessor atUC Davis estimated in the 80's that 30% of the nation indulged in pot.at his figure of 60 dollars per oz.20 dollars going to the government for taxes,the money generated would,balance the budget,allow everyone to go to college,grant free healthcare and allow everyone to retire at age 55 with a 3500 buck retirement monthly.That was 1n the 80's.the DEA could be retasked to look for the 80,000 people,mostly children that go missing each year.Now,I haven't done anything illegal since 1984,but,I never went into a bar and had someone offer me a sip of their drink,plenty of folks gave me a toke or two,people don't smoke and pick fights or beat their spouse,they eat,sleep and have prodigeous sex.The government has already planned on the eventual legalization of drugs,remember those capri "designer cigarettes?That machinery was originally intended for the production of commercial pot sales for the 1979 pot referendum,it failed and the tobacco companies had to recoup the cost of the equipment.ok,that is all I have,what say you now?

Ben Day Hoe and FREAK! like this

So many educated ppl on these boards. Where are the ppl that choose to push for more legislation?

Robin Williams once said "A coke addiction is god's way of telling you that you have too much money."

OR IT WILL SHOW YOU, "YOU AIN'T GOT ENOUGH!"

I think it should be decriminalized. Maybe not legalized but decriminalized yes. We spend far to much money on the war on drugs and it is going nowhere.

http://www.drugsense.org/cms/wodclock

Click on that and watch your tax dollars go down the drain.

What we need to do is follow Portugal's lead and decriminalize everything , save 40 billion a year , use the other 10 billion on treatment and watch our crime rate drop along with the national debt.

It's been proven time and time again all over the world that this is the way to go. The simple fact we create the black market which makes all the wrong people rich. The cartels , the judges who get lobbied , the private prison owners doing the lobbying , and the senators who make the laws .... its a freaking joke of a " war ".

It is only about making people rich at the expense of the American people.

We would save so much money if we would just rethink how we handle the situation while at the same time saving lives and not condemning thousands to prison for an addiction that is easily treated with the proper funding. The funding which is easily paid for by not spending 5xs as much on a hopeless cause.

Drug addiction has always existed and always will , the sooner folks realize that the better off we all are. The only way to truly combat it is to fight the addiction , not the drug.

Sad part, decriminalizing it means less profits in the for profit prison system. That's why.it gets fought tooth and.nail by the Government.

I need to know how the prison system is "for profit". It,s a money pit costing too much to house and feed arsholes

Cocaine has a terrible rep in the world of drugs but is it really that bad? I

Yes it is really that bad, but still it should be legal as nearly all drugs should. If you want to ruin your mind and body, you should have the freedom to do so.

We could stop spending the trillions of dollars on this un-winnable war on drugs and spend a tiny fraction of that on treatment for the weaker people who can't handle recreational drug use.