Saw this on Playbook NFC tonight.

Falcons clinch 1st round bye this week with:

-ATL win and CHI loss/tie & GB loss/tie

-ATL win and SF loss

-ATL tie & CHI loss & GB loss

Falcons clinch HFA with:

-ATL win & CHI loss/tie & GB loss/tie & SF loss

Edited by fuego

I doubt we clinch 1st seed this week, but can next week regardless of what happens with other teams, which just makes the Giants game that much more important. I'm still hoping they flex that game.

It won't be flexed because the 49ers/Patriots game is the Sunday night game. Also CBS has the double header so Fox is only showing regional coverage, so it will not be moved to 4:00 either. Don't think it can be. Only CBS would be allowed to move a game to a national spot.

It won't be flexed because the 49ers/Patriots game is the Sunday night game. Also CBS has the double header so Fox is only showing regional coverage, so it will not be moved to 4:00 either. Don't think it can be. Only CBS would be allowed to move a game to a national spot.

Someone who actually understands the TV coverage. I like it.

I don't get how GB and Chicago losing is the same as SF losing.

If the Falcons win and lose the final 3, the Niners win out, you have the Falcons at 12-4,and the Niners at 12-3-1. Niners still get HFA. And we could still end up with either GB or CHI ending up 12-4 as well.

I can see how we could clinch a bye if 2 of 3 loses (GB, CHI, and SF). But the only way I see clinching HFA is if all 3 lose.

I don't get how GB and Chicago losing is the same as SF losing.

If the Falcons win and lose the final 3, the Niners win out, you have the Falcons at 12-4,and the Niners at 12-3-1. Niners still get HFA. And we could still end up with either GB or CHI ending up 12-4 as well.

I can see how we could clinch a bye if 2 of 3 loses (GB, CHI, and SF). But the only way I see clinching HFA is if all 3 lose.

SF has a tie. If they lose, the best they can go is 11-4-1. If we win, the worst we can go is 12-4. So we clinch a first round bye with a SF loss and a Falcons win. If GB and Chicago lose and Falcons win, they have 5 losses and the worst we can end up with is 4 losses.

Those clinching scenarios are correct.

SF has a tie. If they lose, the best they can go is 11-4-1. If we win, the worst we can go is 12-4. So we clinch a first round bye with a SF loss and a Falcons win. If GB and Chicago lose and Falcons win, they have 5 losses and the worst we can end up with is 4 losses.

Those clinching scenarios are correct.

I get the San Fran loss, but if either Green Bay or Chicago win out and we both end up at 12-4 for the season, who gets HFA? Because if that happens, Green Bay or Chicago will have a better conference record because they both lost to AFC teams. Green Bay and Chicago play each other, so we know one has to lose.

It seems to me that we need to beat Carolina and all 3 to lose to clinch this weekend.

Edit: Nevermind. I misread it. We can clinch a first round bye with a Chicago and GB loss OR a SF loss. I thought it said HFA. My bad.

Edited by paulitik