Asante Samuel (Shoulder), William Moore (Hamstring) Sit Out Practice Again

theProf

Atlanta Falcons: Asante Samuel (shoulder), William Moore (hamstring) sit out practice again

3:40 pm December 6, 2012, by Michael Cunningham

By Michael Cunningham

FLOWERY BRANCH–Falcons cornerback Asante Samuel (shoulder) and safety William Moore (hamstring) sat out practice for the second consecutive day.

“Those two guys, we will see if we can get them out here and move around a little more tomorrow,” Falcons coach Mike Smith said.

Samuel declined comment when approached in the locker room before practice.

“I can’t talk when I’m injured,” Samuel said.

Samuel suffered the injury to his right shoulder against the Cardinals on Nov. 18 and then left Thursday’s game against the Saints in the first quarter after aggravating the injury. Before leaving that game, Samuel appeared unable to lift his right arm above his head.

Smith said because Samuel didn’t last long against New Orleans the team would be cautious for Sunday’s game.

“Most certainly,” Smith said. “He was only able to play three plays, so we are going to definitely be very cautious and make sure he’s ready to go. He wants to be out there playing, I know that, but we want to make sure he gets cleared by the doctors before we get him out there.”

Falcons defensive tackle Peria Jerry (thigh) and running back Michael Turner (elbow) participated in practice on a limited basis. Smith said Turner should be ready to play in the game Sunday.

Missing practice today for the Panthers were linebacker James Anderson, center Jeff Byers, defensive tackle Dwan Edwards, safety Charles Godfrey, wide receiver Brandon LaFell, and running back Jonathan Stewart.

http://blogs.ajc.com...ta_falcons_blog

If WillyMo don't play he will have some big shoes fill.

Hope has been around for a while.

He aint no Wille Mo.

His play has tapered off in the past 2 years but that may be in part

to the demise of Fischer in Tenn and Hope.

He aint no slacker.

JA 98 then Ray Edwards,,,, those guys were slackers.

HTF did we go back to back Bust on LDE ?????wacko.png

Guest Negatorris

WillyMo jumped from the moon to intercept that last pass. Not surprising he's banged up, but it shouldn't be anything too serious. Carolina isn't important at all, so if he isn't 100% I say sit him and anyone else who's gimpy.

Stop BSing around and sit Asante this week. If Smith plays him for a series and he hurts his shoulder again i dont know what we would do.

I agree.

I do not want to see us drop a game to the panties, but if some players need to get

healthy and it cost us a game then so be it.

Our chances to capture HFA would still be good and we could also back into it

from our opponents losing a game during the final stretch.

The other teams have players that are hurting to.

Just curious but when did Willy Mo even injure his hamstring? He was flying around making so many plays the whole entire game he looked 100% at the end to me...unless that last interception pulled it or something.

Sucks when injuries come out of nowhere.

I understand that it was on the last interception play on Brees, where Willie Mo streaked across the field for the INT in the waning minute of the Saints game.

Checking injuries that matter most

Dec 6 4:33 PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

The Atlanta Falcons secondary remains a question mark. Safety William Moore (hamstring) and cornerback Asante Samuel (shoulder) each missed a second straight day of practice. If Moore can’t play, Chris Hope likely would move into his place. If Samuel is out, it would mean more playing time for Robert McClain and Christopher Owens.

Checking injuries that matter most

Dec 6 4:33 PM ET

By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

The Atlanta Falcons secondary remains a question mark. Safety William Moore (hamstring) and cornerback Asante Samuel (shoulder) each missed a second straight day of practice. If Moore can’t play, Chris Hope likely would move into his place. If Samuel is out, it would mean more playing time for Robert McClain and Christopher Owens.

I personally hope that the Falcons do not play Moore and Samuel this Sunday. Shoulder and Hammy injuries are difficult to recover from and have greater risks of re-injury. Plus I'd like to see more of McClain and Owens in the defensive secondary together. The Falcons were smart in putting Owens at outside CB, rather than at inside NB, whenever Owens entered the game in the nickle and dime packages. Owens was a flop at the inside NB position during 2010 and 2011, and I think he is much better suited for the outside CB position, the position he played in 2009. BTW MCClain took Asante's outside CB position in the base defense, then moved to NB in the nickle/dime packages, with Owens manning the outside CB during the Saints game.

WillyMo jumped from the moon to intercept that last pass. Not surprising he's banged up, but it shouldn't be anything too serious. Carolina isn't important at all, so if he isn't 100% I say sit him and anyone else who's gimpy.

laugh.png H3ll yea, he came from nowhere.I say sit WillyMo and #22, the D won't slack off with Hope and Owens. P.S....It feels great to say "sit the starters..we'll be fine" and really mean it. Edited by QuantumFalconz