Draft Preview: Chance Warmack, Og-Alabama 6'3", 320Lbs

g-dawg

Chance Warmack 2012 Preview

By Charlie Campbell

0922UAFAFBL25.jpg

Career Recap: Warmack, a true senior, has been an underrated member of the Crimson Tide over the past three seasons. Warmack saw some action a a true freshman in 2009, blocking for Heisman winner Mark Ingram and a National Championship winner. Warmack broke into the starting lineup at left guard as a sophomore, and he had a decent season.

Warmack made real strides as a junior. He was an excellent run blocker for Trent Richardson, and Alabama had a ton of success running behind the left side of the offensive line with Warmack and tackle Barrett Jones. Warmack held his own against LSU when battling future NFL defensive tackles. The SEC coaches made Warmack a Second-Team All-Conference selection.

ad_choices_i_UR.pngad_choices_UR.png

2012 Season Outlook: There is no reason for Warmack not to have the best season of his collegiate career. He enters the season with two years of experience and excellent talent around him. Jones is flipping over Warmack to center, so there will be routine plays where Jones and Warmack will double-team defensive tackles. Those are two linemen with power and athleticism to blow holes open in the middle of the defense.

Those double-teams will also help in pass protection. Warmack will face plenty of talented speed-rushers, but, at this point, he is battle-tested and knows what to expect. The Crimson Tide have talented running backs ready to replace Richardson. With elite skill around him, the 2012 season could be a great year of dominant tape for Warmack.

Skill-Set Summary: Warmack is a hard-nosed football player who looks NFL ready right now. He is a tough run blocker who is nasty drive blocker. His power and road-grading potential will have plenty of NFL offensive line coaches excited to get their hands on him.

Even though Warmack is very powerful, he has quality athleticism. Warmack will continue to have to improve his pass protection at the NFL level after coming from a run-oriented offense. He definitely has the ability to continue to improve. Warmack has upside for the next level, and he looks like a player who could play quickly.

Warmack's would probably fit best in a power man-blocking scheme as a professional. He could use his strength to drive open running lanes. Warmack may not have the speed and athleticism for a zone-blocking scheme. He could drop some weight to be a better fit if drafted into that type of rushing offense.

2013 Draft Expectations: Warmack looks like an early second-day pick right now. Guards have been rising in recent years and with Kevin Zeitler cracking the first round in 2012, it isn't out of the question for Warmack to move into the latter picks of the top 32 if he has a dominant senior season. That is very possible with Warmack playing next to Jones. If Warmack duplicates his 2011 season, he probably would be a second-rounder, and at worst a third-round pick.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

honestly I would not mind getting him either.......but I have a feeling either barrett or warmic feed of each other a lot.

and my feeling is warmic feed off of barrett

honestly I would not mind getting him either.......but I have a feeling either barrett or warmic feed of each other a lot.

and my feeling is warmic feed off of barrett

maybe, maybe not.......all i know is, I would love to see a Falcons offensive lineman block like Chance Warmack is in above picture.......definite woody time....

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

maybe, maybe not.......all i know is, I would love to see a Falcons offensive lineman block like Chance Warmack is in above picture.......definite woody time....

lets just make sure we give him a 4xl shirt and not give him a medium like bama did.