We Mad @ Ryan Says Panthers

Trouble

Carolina Panthers: Matt Ryan disrespected us in loss

You'd think the Carolina Panthers would be somewhat humbled by their 3-9 season. You'd think wrong.

Defensive end Greg Hardy said Wednesday that his Panthers are better than the 11-1 Atlanta Falcons, and now we have a clearer picture of why he was so fired up.

The Associated Press reported that "several" Panthers are upset about how cameras caught Ryan telling them to get off his field at the Georgia Dome, with a few choice expletives thrown in for good measure.

"(Ryan) said some harsh words, man, so it's going to be a fight out there," Panthers cornerback Captain Munnerlyn said. "He totally disrespected us. They won the game. They came all of the way back to beat us. But to say what he said, I don't think there was cause for it."

Said Hardy: "We owe them something, and it is coming. I'm trying to mess with their whole playoff experience. I want them to go home sick in the stomach and mad about life, a couple of depression issues, all types of things. It's going to be a long day from my point of view. I'm coming."

This all felt a little manufactured for motivation, but defensive end Charles Johnson said Ryan's words have bothered him since Week 4. The Panthers could have evened their record at 2-2 back then, but it spiraled out of control when they gave up a big lead. They pressured Ryan well in the game and plan to again.

"He likes to hold the ball, and that's something he should do when you're coming to play the Carolina Panthers because it's going to have repercussions," Hardy said.

We'll leave it to Panthers coach Ron Rivera to get the appropriate final word here.

"Truthfully, if you want to do something about it, (then) do it on the field," Rivera said. "That's the way I look at it. Let's not talk about it, let's let our actions speak for us on the field."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000106430/article/carolina-panthers-matt-ryan-disrespected-us-in-loss

Upset feelings gate.

Clearly they mean they are targeting Ryan to knock him out and hurt him so he cant play in the playoffs. (dreams officially crushed)

But this is the Panthers... They will screw it up like they do everything else.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo............

Brees says this is our Division and he is roundly roasted in Rivals.

Yet Ryan ticked off the Panthers and this is a non-issue and laughable at best?

C'mon my Rival brothers....you can't have it both ways. It's Karma, right?

Disrespect is disrespect, right?

Edited by SaintRay

Sooooo............

It's a little different when we've won the division twice in the last three years and the Panthers haven't finished a season over .500 since 2008.

It's a little different when we've won the division twice in the last three years and the Panthers haven't finished a season over .500 since 2008.

That doesn't matter, is it still disrespectful? Both are non issues in my book, but if you're going to call out one(not you in particular), shouldn't you call out both?

Disagree.

It's still a man being insulted by another man on the field. Records have nothing to do with it. Disrespect is still disrespect, right?

Ryan showing his balls is no different than Steve Smith showing his.

That doesn't matter, is it still disrespectful? Both are non issues in my book, but if you're going to call out one(not you in particular), shouldn't you call out both?

But Cam doing the atl stomp in the endzone is perfectly respectful after his superman rip of shirt pose? Falcons cant help it the panthers are mentally challenged and didn't know the game didn't end in 59 mins. Or their QB looks like a complete arse every week dancing around when they lose.

But let Ryan say 1 thing.... and we are the evil ones.

Disagree.

It's still a man being insulted by another man on the field. Records have nothing to do with it. Disrespect is still disrespect, right?

Ryan showing his balls is no different than Steve Smith showing his.

I don't care that much about the disrespect aspect, I'm saying there's a rational difference between a guy saying it's his team's division when the other team's won the division two out of the last three years, and a guy on a bad team talking about how is team's better than an 11-1 team, and it explains why Hardy's being laughed off. I figure a bunch of millionaires getting paid to play football should have to earn all the respect they get. I thought Brees was a **** when he was running up the score on us last year to set his record, but it was hard to say anything about it until after the Thursday game. Greg Hardy hasn't even been on a team that has beaten the Falcons yet.

But Cam doing the atl stomp in the endzone is perfectly respectful after his superman rip of shirt pose? Falcons cant help it the panthers are mentally challenged and didn't know the game didn't end in 59 mins. Or their QB looks like a complete arse every week dancing around when they lose.

Ryan doesn't get a hall pass on this one.

He got caught up in the emotion of the game and said what he had to say. The whole world saw it and could read his lips.

No different than any other player who chooses to talk trash.

Again, I'm not judging what happened because it doesn't bother me. But others routinely run head in the forum about trash talkers and about the superiority of the Falcons because of the Falcon Filter (which doesn't exist) and how the players and organization are benchmarking classyness.

You can't have it both ways.

The point is you all are dismissive when it comes to a Falcon player, but let another player on a rival team say one thing, and it gets three threads telling everyone how classless they are

Sooooo............

Disrespect is disrespect, right?

Think this stuff is overblown and is just the media looking for something to print/talk about. Neither one is a big deal.

Having said that: Difference between what Ryan and Brees did is that Ryan's happened in the heat of the moment right after a big time win while Brees was being interviewed before the game.

Think this stuff is overblown and is just the media looking for something to print/talk about. Neither one is a big deal.

Having said that: Difference between what Ryan and Brees did is that Ryan's happened in the heat of the moment right after a big time win while Brees was being interviewed before the game.

There is no difference in the two events. Both were emotional outbursts.

Ryan was telling a team to hit the road after his team won.

Brees was trying to fire a team up to win a game.

Ryan doesn't get a hall pass on this one.

He got caught up in the emotion of the game and said what he had to say. The whole world saw it and could read his lips.

No different than any other player who chooses to talk trash.

Again, I'm not judging what happened because it doesn't bother me. But others routinely run head in the forum about trash talkers and about the superiority of the Falcons because of the Falcon Filter (which doesn't exist) and how the players and organization are benchmarking classyness.

You can't have it both ways.

You are right sir. Ryan is supposed to be the face of the franchise and his stand up image after the vick era was something we needed. He did get caught up in the moment and probably regrets somewhat his antics in the panthers game. Looking back at harbaugh handshake it brings to mind sportsmanship and class. Theres a line and ryan crossed it in the moment..Im sure if asked he would say how great a team the panthers are and how theyre better than their record depicts bla bla. Ill bet hes not saying get the f@c* off your field on sunday. But we will see.

Edited by razrtalon

He is from ATL right? So he can't do the dance when he plays for another team? Not to mention it was a tribute to "prime Time" who was there that day. Now if he did the dirty bird you might have a point.

Well how many people knew it was a tribute to deon and why would they even think that? Needless to say maybe thats what sparked Ryans reaction. When the other teams QB makes a butt out of themself every time he scores then yeah. Tell them to get off your field when they lose. You can bet Ryan wont go doing any weird dances on the panthers field. Or tributes to jake while he is there.

Its a non-issue.

But, when comparing the 3, here's how I break it down.

Cam saves his routine for his teams scores, probably would be better if he didnt do anything, but he's still young and TD celebrations are a longtime part of the NFL.

Got no problem with it.

Ryan is a relatively young QB too, in a divisional game... had just made a throw a lot of people doubted he could make and had publicly criticized his abilities on.

But I think that statement by Ryan was totally uncalled for.

I think Ryans greatest smack is always going to be walking off the field with the scoreboard in the right direction.

But, dude is from Philly, he will lay down the smack every now and again.

As for Brees, Brees is without a doubt my favorite player in the NFL...

but if you look at the film, he looked right into the camera before he said that and he knew it was going nationwide.

He knew everybody in New Orleans AND Atlanta was watching and he didnt even look like he believed what he was saying.

The simple fact that he didnt back it up makes all the difference.

Brees pimped himself to the media on that one and came up short. Doesnt change my opinion on him, dude is dangerous and he is a warrior.

I just watched it again, and even his teammates are looking at him like "whatchoo talking bout Drew?" They werent even convinced.

Well how many people knew it was a tribute to deon and why would they even think that? Needless to say maybe thats what sparked Ryans reaction. When the other teams QB makes a butt out of themself every time he scores then yeah. Tell them to get off your field when they lose. You can bet Ryan wont go doing any weird dances on the panthers field. Or tributes to jake while he is there.

Deion knew and it's a Atl dance not a falcons dances. Deion did the same dance for the Cowboys, 49ers, Skins and Raven.

It's funny how when Jamal Anderson was doing the dirty bird in every end zone he crossed. You didn't hear a pep about it.

Deion knew and it's a Atl dance not a falcons dances. Deion did the same dance for the Cowboys, 49ers, Skins and Raven.

It's funny how when Jamal Anderson was doing the dirty bird in every end zone he crossed. You didn't hear a pep about it.

Thats because we won those games.... :)

Defensive end Charles Johnson said that the team marked Sunday down when they first heard what Ryan had to say and cornerback Captain Munnerlyn was also left dismayed by what he called “harsh words” from Ryan. “I can’t repeat it to you. That’s how bad it was,” Munnerlyn said, via Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer

Thats some major butt hurt right there..... Yeah mom thought me to never say such mean thing because life is like a box of choc...

Even a annon saints fans understand why Ryan may have said that and offers a explanation.

sbc85 says: Dec 6, 2012 10:37 AM

As a Saints fan, I hate the Falcons more, but whenever we play the Panthers, it is more chippy with more trash talking than when we play any other team (the Bucs can come close sometimes). I bet Ryan was getting trash-talked all game by those guys and he was sick of them at the end when they finally won. I despise the Falcons more as a team, but there are more individual players on the Panthers I don’t like because of how they are when we play them.

Yeah because you can bet what Ryan said was not the worse thing said during the game, it was just the 1 thing that got caught on camera and now panthers are acting like they never talk trash to anyone.