How Long Before Cam Newton Asks To Be Traded?

Finally

Newton Pulls a Cutler  

68 members have voted

1. 1. When will Newton asked to be traded?

• The end of this season
    • The end of next season
    • Nah, he is a Panther for life

Guest Negatorris

I actually see this happening. His teammates aren't too friendly with him, and he obviously doesn't work well with the current folks in that organization. He got the GM fired.

Traded to Philly, so they can get another Vick-alike ....

Need to have both on the same team ...

I'd actually say Oakland would be a likely landing spot if it were to become a possibility. Or the Jets depending on whether or not they tire of Sanchez between now and then.

Oakland likes the athletic freak type guys and normally are willing to give the farm for them.

In all honesty though, I hope Cam can go to a team that will help him mature and establish some better leadership skills. Just don't think that will happen in Carolina. They're a terrible franchise right now.

I think him being traded would be best for both parties involved I don't think he will be going anywhere with the Panthers. He needs to be on a team with a veteran HC and a veteran locker room that can help him be a big boy. He doesn't have the supporting cast, mentally, that he needs in Camrolina to flourish.

I'd actually say Oakland would be a likely landing spot if it were to become a possibility. Or the Jets depending on whether or not they tire of Sanchez between now and then.

Oakland likes the athletic freak type guys and normally are willing to give the farm for them.

In all honesty though, I hope Cam can go to a team that will help him mature and establish some better leadership skills. Just don't think that will happen in Carolina. They're a terrible franchise right now.

I don't think Rex Ryan is smart or mature enough to handle Cam Newton. Rex doesn't really baby players and Cam needs someone to hold his hand the entire season. Can you imagine him and the New York Media? he would be crushed in less than a month.

I actually see this happening. His teammates aren't too friendly with him, and he obviously doesn't work well with the current folks in that organization. He got the GM fired.

I haven't seen them all but I have seen 3 different post game interviews where he comes as close as anyone should to throwing his team and coaches under the bus. He catches himself and takes responsibility but it doesn't always seem genuine. It is sort of like "the team needs to play better, oh and I do too" kind of thing. Not in those exact words. That doesn't happen every time but I have seen it at least 3 times.

ETA: The press conference before the GM was fired sounded like an ultimatum to me which is what inspired this thread.

Edited by Finally

Guest Negatorris

What he needs is a parcels type. Or Dan reeves. I honestly think if reeves had stayed coach instead of Mora Junior it might have been possible Vicks career could have turned out differently.

I don't think it mattered who coached Vick. He was gonna do his own thing whenever he wanted until it cost him. He could have been a great if he had half the brains and work mentality Ryan has. Wasted talent.

Guest Negatorris

It's funny how Andrew Luck almost has as much wins as Cam has in his entire career, yet Luck is only 12 games into his rookie season without his head coach. RG3, and Russel Wilson too. And Wilson wasn't even picked in the 1st round.

I see we have 3 votes for him to be a Panther for life.

I think he believes he is wasting his career there. I think he all but said it in the suggestion box speech. He said he was tired of the same script. He said he was bored with it. Something has to change.

Other than firing the GM, nothing has changed. They have proven all year that they don't want it bad enough. Look at KC, KC wanted it more.

I voted next year but I would not be surprised at all if he asks this year. If Rivera is out and you have a new GM they may actually decide to go in a different direction. I hope not though because it might be a sign they have figured some things out.

You can't put everything that has happened on Cam but his lack leadership is a hindrance to that team playing as well as it could and it is certainly something that keeps them from closing games.