We Can't Rest Anybody!

THE ICEMAN

We can't rest anybody because we're really not playing great football as a team yes we've won a lot of games but we really haven't had a real blow out or easy wins. Eagles and Chiefs but there pretty bad teams teams and those games were a long time ago. So we need to keep playing and get our guys in rhythm.

Because against the Saints 165 passing yards is unacceptable not to mention that defense was giving up an average of around 450 yards a game.

Anything less than a dominant performance this weekend is just not going to get it done. When you look towards the playoffs against good teams.

We can't rest anybody because we're really not playing great football as a team yes we've won a lot of games but we really haven't had a real blow out or easy wins. Eagles and Chiefs but there pretty bad teams teams and those games were a long time ago. So we need to keep playing and get our guys in rhythm.

Because against the Saints 165 passing yards is unacceptable not to mention that defense was giving up an average of around 450 yards a game.

Anything less than a dominant performance this weekend is just not going to get it done. When you look towards the playoffs against good teams.

This argument can't really be used since we've been 3/3 good/playoff teams.

Some here are worried that we will not play at a high level unless we are on a roll. I'm a little concerned wit this as well, but Nolan and Koetter have shown that they are able to take advantage of the time off to create a better gameplan, so things may not be as they once were.

Also, we haven't secured anything beyond 4th seed so far, so the rest talk is still a bit away. If we win our next two games, then we will secure HFA, but even then I'm not sure that we would. The Lions game is an away game, and I could see us playing the younger guys more and not playing the injured guys but I doubt we do anymore than that, since we want our guys to stay hot, and they want to play. The Bucs game is a different story. If we're 14-1, at that point, I could very well see us resting our starters after a few series. We might try new things like Konz at C, Manley at G, Coffman at TE, and see what Mass and Matthews can do. For now though, let's just when our next two, and then think about this.

Stats don't really tell the story when division rivals play each other. It doesn't matter what other teams were putting up against the Aints. N.O. was probably putting up more PPG too until they played US. Brees was defintiely throwing touchdowns as well, but he didn't last week. Don't be swayed by the numbers. Just win

Some here are worried that we will not play at a high level unless we are on a roll. I'm a little concerned wit this as well, but Nolan and Koetter have shown that they are able to take advantage of the time off to create a better gameplan, so things may not be as they once were.

Also, we haven't secured anything beyond 4th seed so far, so the rest talk is still a bit away. If we win our next two games, then we will secure HFA, but even then I'm not sure that we would. The Lions game is an away game, and I could see us playing the younger guys more and not playing the injured guys but I doubt we do anymore than that, since we want our guys to stay hot, and they want to play. The Bucs game is a different story. If we're 14-1, at that point, I could very well see us resting our starters after a few series. We might try new things like Konz at C, Manley at G, Coffman at TE, and see what Mass and Matthews can do. For now though, let's just when our next two, and then think about this.

We win two games it is not possible for us to not have home field advantage. The most wins its possible for any other NFC team to have at this point is twelve. We would have thirteen. If we win ONE game, we sew up the three seed, even with all our main competitors having their most rosy scenario occur.

Guest Negatorris

Yup, I totally agree. If we don't blowout the Panthers this week, and Ryan doesn't throw for 400 Yards along with 200 rushing yards from Turner and Quizz, then we will probably be eliminated from the playoffs immediately after the game this week by default.

This bullchit got more holes than swiss cheese.......

Hey, joe? I'm looking at the nfl standings and I just can't find the "blowout win" column next to the win/loss/tie columns. Can you help me out?

We win two games it is not possible for us to not have home field advantage. The most wins its possible for any other NFC team to have at this point is twelve. We would have thirteen. If we win ONE game, we sew up the three seed, even with all our main competitors having their most rosy scenario occur.

That's what I said.

Asante?

It's how you separate good from great. Nice to see so many people satisfied with being "good".

Come on man. Neither the Giants or the Packers were dominating the last 2 regular seasons yet they managed.

Will the Falcons this year? Who knows? But they have a 1 in 6 shot of making it there. As its been said before the most knowledgeable Giant and Packer fans thought their respective teams didn't have a shot those years either.

Honestly the only team I might trade places with is the Niners and with the QB chit, and they just crapped the bed against the Rams so there goes that theory.Not to mention Nolan would love to have a chance of knocking them out of the playoffs. **** the **** Seahawks went into Soldier Field and upset the Bears. Giants looked average against the Skins all the while trying to hold off them and the Pokies for the division lead.

That's the thing once you start dismissing where the Birds are in week 13 need to do the same for the rest of the NFC. They all have their weaknesses and flaws, and while some of the concerns from past seasons remain pass protection is better, defense with Nolan is better, less one dimensional run game with Quizz, Dunta is better, so is Moore and DeCoud,Bierman is really playing high velocity. Ryan is Ryan top 3 QBR ESPN, Turner has had flashes,anybody really doubt Gonzo,Roddy,Julio,Spoon,Asante and Abe ain't gonna be ready these next 2 plus months.

So yea they got a shot, probably their best shot since 98 and as a fan isn't that about all you can ask for?