Nfc Play Off Implications And Schedule Week 14-17

falcons007

I am not considering major upset just going by the favorites to win the game and identify the key games in each division.

NFC South Play off Contenders

Falcons: Number 1 Seed/ NFC South champ

Falcons @CAR: win 12-1.

Giants @Falcons:win 13-1, this could go either way but I like Falcons at home.

Falcons@DET: win 14-1

Bucs @Falcons: Loss. 14-2

NFC North:

GB Number 2 seed: 12-4 record( Wins over DET,CHI,TEN and MIN)

Chicago Bears Number 5 Seed : 11-5 ( Wins over DET,ARI and DET with one loss to GB)

Key game: CHI @GB, winner of this game will probably win the division.

NFC West:

Toss up between SEA and SF.

SEA(11-5) Number 3 seed: Wins over ARI,BUF,SF at home and Rams at Home)

SF(10-5-1) Number 6 seed: Wins over ARI and MIA with losses at SEA and NE)

Niners at Seahawks will probably decide the NFC West division winner and Number 3 and Number 6 seed)

NFC East:

This is the only division with a three way race and can be picked up by either Giants,Cowboys and Redskins.

Redskins (9-7) number 4 seed: Wins over (CLE,DAL and PHI)

NYG(9-7) Out of play offs: Loss against BAL and Falcons. Win against Saints and Eagles. Saints and Eagles have owned Giants for few years but I wouldn't be surprised if Giants lose 2 out of 4.

DAL could be in play if they can win one of the games against Steelers or Bengals.

PLay off seeding:

1. Falcons

2. Packers

3. Seahawks

4. Redskins

5. Bears

6 Niners.

In that lineup you'd rather be the 2 seed than the one seed. The two seed likely plays Redskins or Bears, while the 1 seed plays likely the Niners. Also the niners and seahawks don't have to travel for their first playoff...so both would be well rested (as opposed to one having to fly cross country, and back, and then do it again.)

In that lineup you'd rather be the 2 seed than the one seed. The two seed likely plays Redskins or Bears, while the 1 seed plays likely the Niners. Also the niners and seahawks don't have to travel for their first playoff...so both would be well rested (as opposed to one having to fly cross country, and back, and then do it again.)

But at this point you need lot of help to be number 2 seed. One win will seal the Falcons number 1 seed unless Niners win it all which is unlikely.

Guest Negatorris

With that lineup, SEA would probably beat SF at home as they are great when playing in Washington, then they'd face GB. The Falcons would either get WAS or CHI which is a favorable matchup for us.

Ok I've got:

1. Falcons 13-3

2. Seahawks 11-5

3. Packers 11-5

4. Giants 10-6

5. Niners 10-5-1

6. Bears 10-6

I've got the Giants beating the Falcons next Sunday. I just have a feeling a desperate Giants team is going to want it a little more than a Falcons team that has a cushion.

I hope I am wrong. If I am , good chance Giants miss playoffs altogether.

Ok I've got:

1. Falcons 13-3

2. Seahawks 11-5

3. Packers 11-5

4. Giants 10-6

5. Niners 10-5-1

6. Bears 10-6

I've got the Giants beating the Falcons next Sunday. I just have a feeling a desperate Giants team is going to want it a little more than a Falcons team that has a cushion.

Giants will be pretty desperate to win at least 2 of the games against Saints,Falcons and Ravens. I think Falcons come out with a chip on the shoulder to beat Giants and get the confidence going in to playoffs.

Edited by falcons007

I hate that we get the Giants so late. Even if we beat them, they get to scout us for a possible playoff matchup next month. That really seemed to help them with the Pats and the Packers last season and the Pats back in 2007.

Well the good news is that if we beat them, they probably won't be going to the playoffs.

Guest Negatorris

Ok I've got:

1. Falcons 13-3

2. Seahawks 11-5

3. Packers 11-5

4. Giants 10-6

5. Niners 10-5-1

6. Bears 10-6

If the Giants lose to us next week, and the Skins beat the Ravens this week(which they should), then it's all over for the Giants.

I hate that we get the Giants so late. Even if we beat them, they get to scout us for a possible playoff matchup next month. That really seemed to help them with the Pats and the Packers last season and the Pats back in 2007.

Yeah, I was thinking the same and hoping the Giants miss the playoffs.

Recently, the Giants have gotten hot at the end of the season, just in time to clinch a playoff berth.

They started 5-2 or 6-2 from 2005 in first half off the season and collapsed every time except 2008 when they were #1 seed. The two years they won the SB, Tom Coughlin was on hot seat for missing playoffs in earlier years. Hoping the Giants from 2006,2009,2010 show up.