Ron Rivera

vel

If he gets fired, would you hire him to the defensive staff? The guy is a good defensive mind, played with the 85 Bears, had good defenses in San Diego and Chicago. Was short handed in Carolina and not given much time or pieces to work with besides Cam Newton. I don't know where you would put him on the staff, but I think it is something interesting to ponder.

I already know some here are going to point to what he did in Carolina and ignore his talent, just like they did with Koetter and Jacksonville. Look at Jacksonville now with our old offensive minds. They look worse. Nolan is a genius in his own right in my opinion and perfect for us. But a guy like Rivera would be a good addition if it happened.

*This is pure speculation and just for conversation.

He will be DC in the NFL. Not sure Nolan would like to have another big guy on his staff.

I could see that and I agree about Nolan. But Raheem Morris went from HC to defensive backs coach for Washington. Don't be so sure that he will automatically go to DC somewhere.

I could see that and I agree about Nolan. But Raheem Morris went from HC to defensive backs coach for Washington. Don't be so sure that he will automatically go to DC somewhere.

Raheem Morris was never a DC, he was always a DB coach. I was shocked when he became the HC of Bucs. Ron Rivera and Raheem Morris are not even close as a DC.

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

Tim Lewis is our secondary. And that guy has done a lot for this team since he came along in 2010.

So I say no to Ron being our secondary.

And I wouldn't let him be our assistant dc, because it might start trouble or lead to conflicting schemes.

Tim Lewis is our secondary. And that guy has done a lot for this team since he came along in 2010.

So I say no to Ron being our secondary.

And I wouldn't let him be our assistant dc, because it might start trouble or lead to conflicting schemes.

Joe Danna is the guy who brought in major change as DB coach this season. Danna was with Nolan's staff in Miami. Tim Lewis has a very thin record and not like the pass defense before this year was stellar.

Joe Danna is the guy who brought in major change as DB coach this season. Danna was with Nolan's staff in Miami. Tim Lewis has a very thin record and not like the pass defense before this year was stellar.

Tim Lewis is a former DB for the Packers, a DB coach for the Steelers, Panthers & Seahawks, and a former DC for the Steelers & Giants with over 20 years experience on the Pro level. Danna has 5 years pro experience but Lewis record is thin?

If he gets fired, would you hire him to the defensive staff? The guy is a good defensive mind, played with the 85 Bears, had good defenses in San Diego and Chicago. Was short handed in Carolina and not given much time or pieces to work with besides Cam Newton. I don't know where you would put him on the staff, but I think it is something interesting to ponder.

I already know some here are going to point to what he did in Carolina and ignore his talent, just like they did with Koetter and Jacksonville. Look at Jacksonville now with our old offensive minds. They look worse. Nolan is a genius in his own right in my opinion and perfect for us. But a guy like Rivera would be a good addition if it happened.

Too many cooks spoil the broth. I would like to see a Nolan type on offense. I think Koetter has certainly utilized talent better but that's a lot of talent not to dominate every week.

Rivera rots. If I remember correctly his defense went to crap after the Merriman 'roid thing and he can't manage a game for crap. He's a hack, I wouldn't even let him be a position coach, especially when you figure that the centerpiece of his defense cheated all along and vanished into obscurity once he couldn't cheat anymore.What's he gonna do, coach our linebackers?

"Sean, you'll be even better once you snort these 14 pounds of HGH powder!!"

F Rivera. Let him go be the equipment manager for Sh!tbird community college or something. F him.

the only dominant linebacker he 'coached' got busted for 'roids. obviously his coaching really didn't turn any scrubs into studs. he sucks.

I didn't say that I wanted him. The others were just kicking around what would be considered his "area of specialization."

It is fair that you believe that his specialization is in sucking. I, personally, haave not followed his career close enough nor done enough research to opine strongly one way or the other.

Tim Lewis is a former DB for the Packers, a DB coach for the Steelers, Panthers & Seahawks, and a former DC for the Steelers & Giants with over 20 years experience on the Pro level. Danna has 5 years pro experience but Lewis record is thin?

He never had success and some one else cleaned up after him. Its not about number of years but results. He stunk it up in Pittsburgh and NY with just one good year with each of the team in like 7 years. Both Pittsburgh and Giants defenses improved drastically after he was fired.

I didn't say that I wanted him. The others were just kicking around what would be considered his "area of specialization."

It is fair that you believe that his specialization is in sucking. I, personally, haave not followed his career close enough nor done enough research to opine strongly one way or the other.

wasn't going after you, or anyone for that matter. It wasn't a rebuttal, just pointing out that he rode a cheater to stardom and has been exposed as a moron since. I think his last year in San Diego he had a bottom third defense in the league, but I believe Carolina was looking for a disciplinarian type and he best fit that profile. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I remember his defense flagging quite badly and Carolina ignoring it just like they did their 'star' QB's spoiled infant disposition.

Lucky for us, Rivera is a level 37 chump and will get at least another year to prove he's not a chump, which of course he will screw up. At which point, baby Newton will make a big enough stink to get him fired and they will hire a new coach who will still guide that suckazz franchise into a black hole of laughable misfortune.

A little off topic but who thinks the FO have screwed Rivera since he's been there HC.

I see they invested alot of $$$$ in there RBs & Pass Rush but all I see in there Rushing stats is Cam Newton leading them every other week and while Charles Johnson is a very good player I think the rest of the line has struggled.

I'd say no to a Rivera addition here give Mike Nolan 1 or 2 draft years with our FO our defense becomes elite.

Edited by kiwifalcon

You are either bored or running out of creative talent.

Guest Negatorris

NO