Can't You See It Coming A Mile Away?

I just see this thing unfolding like this:

Beat Carolina. (No status change from this week)

Lose to the NYG. (Triggering a MASS media "I told you so" and TATF meltdown)

Lose to Detroit. (Further pushing the media and TATF board to the tipping point)

Barely beat Tampa. (Securing the NFC #1 seed..but with a total write off for the press)

1st round BYE

2nd round - Not favored at home against a surging playoff team.

and then we WIN. (Getting the monkey off our back)

and then we WIN again. (Riding confidence)

and then we WIN the SUPER BOWL.

I mean you can swap us beating Detroit and losing to Tampa by sitting folks, but this is just the way I see it. Anyone agree? Disagree?

(Of course I would love to win them all though and have all the talking heads still waiting for us to prove them right in March.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons rarely lose back to back games under MS. How ever I would prefer Falcons to beat CAR and NYG. Rest the starters against DET, don't like to see Ryan kicked or knocked down from a cheap shot by Suh. Play the starters against the Bucs for at least half. That block on Ovie by DET defender last year on the knee was dirty too.

I still do not feel like we have played a complete game. Seems like every time our Defense is dominate our Offense struggles. OR When our offense is rolling our D can't stop anyone. The point is we have still won almost every game, and we lost to New Orleans by inches the first time when Ryan had the TD pass to Roddy in the endzone tipped away. When we put this thing all together it is going to be scary. They always say that what matters is who is playing the best at the end of the season..... well I don't think we have seen our best yet. JMO

Id rather just win the next two and rest everyone for the last two.

Everytime the Colts rested starters it bit them. I'd rather keep going for the win. We are pretty freaking healthy for the most part. Rest Samuel and Jerry, but we need to stay focused. Resting the starters for almost a month considering we are 99% sure we will have a bye will kill us come playoff time. I don't want to see the complacency we saw in 2010.

We need this team battle tested and alert going into the playoffs. I worry they will be behind the 8 ball if we end up playing another hot wildcard team that fought tooth and nail going in.

NEVER accept losing.

I still do not feel like we have played a complete game. Seems like every time our Defense is dominate our Offense struggles. OR When our offense is rolling our D can't stop anyone. The point is we have still won almost every game, and we lost to New Orleans by inches the first time when Ryan had the TD pass to Roddy in the endzone tipped away. When we put this thing all together it is going to be scary. They always say that what matters is who is playing the best at the end of the season..... well I don't think we have seen our best yet. JMO

We haven't seen the best but as for complete games. Ones against the Chargers and Eagles come to mind.

I'm thinking more along the lines of beat Carolina in Carolina, beat the Giants in the DOME, secure the #1 seed in the NFC and rest key players (Matt, Turner, Quizz, Roddy, Julio, Gonzo, Abe, Spoon, Asante, both Safeties), losing to Detroit and Tampa and finishing the season 13-3.

I just see this thing unfolding like this:

Beat Carolina. (No status change from this week)

Lose to the NYG. (Triggering a MASS media "I told you so" and TATF meltdown)

Lose to Detroit. (Further pushing the media and TATF board to the tipping point)

Barely beat Tampa. (Securing the NFC #1 seed..but with a total write off for the press)

1st round BYE

2nd round - Not favored at home against a surging playoff team.

and then we WIN. (Getting the monkey off our back)

and then we WIN again. (Riding confidence)

and then we WIN the SUPER BOWL.

I mean you can swap us beating Detroit and losing to Tampa by sitting folks, but this is just the way I see it. Anyone agree? Disagree?

(Of course I would love to win them all though and have all the talking heads still waiting for us to prove them right in March.)

I'll take it.

But if we show up in the playoffs playin like we've been playin at home we will get that as wiped. Trust me. The offense better RTFU at home.

I'll take it.

But if we show up in the playoffs playin like we've been playin at home we will get that as wiped. Trust me. The offense better RTFU at home.

Matt "Tryan" folds under pressure. We'll see whether he deserves an extension or not post January.

Guest Negatorris

Matt "Tryan" folds under pressure. We'll see whether he deserves an extension or not post January.

The whole dayum team has folded under pressure. Why do people continue to single out Ryan?