Wow I Trust This Defense

jdawg4876

while I was posting stats for the defense I was thinking back on all of our games this yr and I was like wow this is the firs time in a long time I trust this defense to make stops when they need to.

The defense has not always played great this yr but they make the stops when they have to, rather there are starters in the game or back ups its quite impressive, just a few examples off the top of my head....

The game against the panthers, I thought the defense played horrible but on the panthers final drive john caused cam to fumble and move the ball back. Against the raiders another bad day from the defense, but when we needed it asante had his yearly pick six.

Against the cards our defense won us the game, against the saints (2nd game) our defense won us the game. Against the cowboys the defense kept them pretty much outta the endzone. In the first game against the saints when the saints were trying to run out the clock by running it three straight times mike peterson almost caused a safety

speaking of mike peterson who can forget his stop of doug martin against tampa bay dude gator chomped him lol.

so in closing when bvg was coaching I closed my eyes and prayed to god to make a stop, this yr im like dont worry the defense is not going to screw us up.

the one problem I have with this defense is I do think we give up too many third and longs

That is still a problem, but I have noticed that QB pressure is getting better in that situation. The zones are still too large for the opponents receivers to find the soft spots IMO.

the one problem I have with this defense is I do think we give up too many third and longs

You might have said that we "still continue" to give up too many third and longs. We have not yet

cleaned up whatever our problem was in the past. We have a new coordinator but if we continue to need pressure

from our front four only, teams seem to be able to handle us pretty easily. We are also getting gashed on running

plays more often than we should.

I sometimes marvel at our success. We squeeze them off before they can score or force a field goal and it has been

happening game after game. You have to stop worrying about it after awhile.

Guest Negatorris

3rd down defense has to improve. That's when opponents have been getting chunks of yardage, and it was a constant problem last season.