Somebody Needs To Be Fired

tone357

I'm watching the NFL Network, and the first ten minutes aired are Rex Ryan talking about benching Mark Sanchez????? WTF, whoever is making the decision as to what goes out over the air needs to get outside New York for a while. I'm guessing the rest of the country is somewhat like me, and don't really give a phuck what's happening with the sorry azz Jets!!

I know they're not going to give the Falcons any air time, but dang! Is it a slow news day in the NFL?

Guest Fibonacci/Mashburn

so is tebow and dirty sanchez on the trading block? would he just give tebow away since he traded nothing for him and made him look worse?

I'm watching the NFL Network, and the first ten minutes aired are Rex Ryan talking about benching Mark Sanchez????? WTF, whoever is making the decision as to what goes out over the air needs to get outside New York for a while. I'm guessing the rest of the country is somewhat like me, and don't really give a phuck what's happening with the sorry azz Jets!!

I know they're not going to give the Falcons any air time, but dang! Is it a slow news day in the NFL?

Yeah I really miss Falcons Vision on Comcast...

I'm watching the NFL Network, and the first ten minutes aired are Rex Ryan talking about benching Mark Sanchez?????

It was the most important thing that happened in the NFL this week

Edit: The Jets are the biggest circus in sports today. A lot of people enjoy a good circus. They are a car wreck, they are the Jerry Springer Show, etc.

It's ratings. Jets/Cowgirls/Steelers/Eagles/GB etc are big market, vast followings teams. Nature of the beast. And even though ATL is a large market, it's a lot like Phoenix. The NFL isn't number one in ATL, and a lot of people who live there aren't from there. They moved from somewhere else and brought their team with them...

It was the most important thing that happened in the NFL this week

Edit: The Jets are the biggest circus in sports today. A lot of people enjoy a good circus. They are a car wreck, they are the Jerry Springer Show, etc.

Indeed. The newspapers were slow to learn, but the tabloids and the girlie and gossip magazines picked up on it way before televisons were in every household. You appeal to the rabble, you offer sex, perversion, outrageous nonsense, sensationalism, celebrity gossip and other garbage that would appeal to the very lowest in society and you'll draw lots of customers and make lots of money.

It does not matter what the records are, the media is going to spend an inordinate amount of its time talking about the New York teams, the Eagles, Patriots, Steelerss, Bears, Packers and even the Saints because of their mancrush on them since Katrina. Of course the granddaddy of them all is the Cowboys, who could go 0-16 five years straight and they'd still spend half the show talking about them.

Fired Coaches of 2012

Jason Garrett - Completely agree, should have been gone last season

Rex Ryan - I think he gets another season if he wins a couple more games, but GM is gone

Romeo Crennel - agree

Pat Shurmer - Browns showing positive signs, if that continues he will get another year

Norv Turner - Completely agree, should have never been head coach again

Chan Gailey - might get another season with a couple more wins

Andy Reid - his time as come, agreed

Sean Peyton - I wish, but he will be back

Also on possible firings:

Dennis Allen, Raiders - That team is just horrible

Leslie Fraiser, Vikings - Had a better year than expected but have completely failed at the end.

Ron Rivera, Panthers - I think he is gone for sure

Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals - could be the surprise firing. Usually at least one Surprise.

Marvin Lewis, Bengals - could also be the surprise if the Bengals fail to make the playoffs and do not reach at least 9-7

Leslie Fraiser, Vikings - Had a better year than expected but have completely failed at the end.

Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals - could be the surprise firing. Usually at least one Surprise.

Marvin Lewis, Bengals - could also be the surprise if the Bengals fail to make the playoffs and do not reach at least 9-7

I highly doubt Marvin Lewis's seat is even hot at this point. They've still got a really good shot at the playoffs and that ownership has in previous seasons been satisfied with alot less. I think its more about having a stable product over there than it is about winning. As long as ESPN doesn't rile the fan base up enough to call for his head they probably won't touch em.