Joe’S Thoughts On Seccg - Uga - Bama - Pollack

Isosceles

I’ll start with Pollack: My respect for him as a college football analyst continues to increase. UGA fans, it would have been so extremely EASY and truly SELF-SERVING for David to just pick UGA to win the game and Rah Rah the Georgia fans at Game Day, thus solidifying his own standing with Dawgnation. Instead, he put his heart aside and used his judgment. I don’t think one can be more impartial than that. Although he’ll always be a Bulldog, he is no longer a Bulldog, but a professional college football analyst.

I will also say this about Pollack: In my opinion, he is the best and sharpest ESPN college football analyst. Because he played in the football trenches (college and pro), he knows the game, and he knows about the players. If there is anything that he lacks, it is decades of experience, which he obviously can’t have at this point and I don’t think that hurts him at all.

Contrary to him, I’m beginning to see Jesse Palmer as being just an articulate, pretty Bachelor face made for the tv cameras. Yes, Jesse played too and knows some football. And Jesse may be a tad bit more polished than David. But David Pollack still possesses some raw edginess, a good thing I think, and I believe he has a much better grasp of the game.

I think the entire ESPN cast is WRONG about being so upset because N. Illinois is going to the Orange Bowl. Why not just congratulate the little team for doing something the school has never done and won’t ever do again? Does anybody even remember last year’s Orange Bowl? Last year’s Cotton Bowl? Sugar Bowl, let alone the final scores in those games? Everybody’s acting like deserving teams have been left out of college basketball’s field of 68.

UGA fans: As a Bama fan, I was prepared to find myself feeling just like you do now when the score was 21-10 in favor of Georgia. In fact, I had not rested easy about the SECCG since the Alabama/Auburn game. I’m still getting over the pleasant shock that Alabama won.

I am glad for what Saban had to say about Georgia and Georgia’s bowl situation afterwards. However that meant nothing because no matter what Saban thought, UGA was not going to a BCS bowl. But I am glad for Georgia, after the game, that Richt looked like he wanted to slap the shat out of that silly reporter with those silly a.z.z. questions.

My hope for UGA is that Murray returns next year. If he does, Georgia right away has the nation’s best offense. But potential NFL money might make him coming back impossible.

But don’t lose hope UGA fans. If anything, this season is a turning point for the program.

I think that, just like those 5 yards, Georgia is still that close to a national title. You have, or will have all you need. It’s just gonna take the right playcalling.

Post 1980-1982 UGA nation: Your time will come!

wink.png

J

I definitely think we can come out fielding another strong team next year, but with replacing so many guys on defense we don't have the luxury of warm up games. Georgia has Clemson, LSU, and South Carolina all in September next season. I think we can have a really stout team by midway through the season, our offense will be great... but that inexperience on d early on in big matchups may prove to be the difference in making it 3 years back-to-back to Atlanta.

Pollack is a Dawg through and through... he pulls for UGA but he is honest with his analysis and I respect that even when he's downing the Dawgs. He has a job to do and he's not Lou. Most of the others are a true waste of space.

As weird as this sounds I think pairing Pollack with Palmer has made Palmer a better announcer/analyst. They seem to compete with each other on air to find good talking points and stay with a relevant dialogue. It's an odd pairing (Bulldog/Gator) but it's working out for both of them and ESPN.

I definitely think we can come out fielding another strong team next year, but with replacing so many guys on defense we don't have the luxury of warm up games. Georgia has Clemson, LSU, and South Carolina all in September next season. I think we can have a really stout team by midway through the season, our offense will be great... but that inexperience on d early on in big matchups may prove to be the difference in making it 3 years back-to-back to Atlanta.

Pollack is a Dawg through and through... he pulls for UGA but he is honest with his analysis and I respect that even when he's downing the Dawgs. He has a job to do and he's not Lou. Most of the others are a true waste of space.

I agree man. We'll really need to lean on the offense for a while until the D can mature. Luckily, we should be pretty stout on Offense, especially if murray comes back and we can bring in a few additional OL pieces (*cough* Tunsil *cough* Crowder *cough*) Luckily a lot of those guys on D will be enrolling early, so that can only help. I'm not holding my breath but it sure would be nice if we got a christmas present and a few of those guys decided to stay (although i put that at about a .01% chance)

As far as Pollack, I have no gripes with him. I think he does a great job. I know he bleeds red and black, but he has a job to do. I'd rather him be objective, than just a blatant homer (*cough* holtz *cough*)

Forgive me the cliche guys, but keep hope alive!

Despite all that you will lose on defense, it is possible that other guys will step up!

I don't know the roster well at all, but I hope for you all that the Shawn kid will be back. He truly lit a needed fire under everybody.

I have said it before, I would take Georgia's offense over that raddledeedazz Oregon team anytime.

And even though there is some GT in me and a lot of Bama in me, I feel a lot like Saban did afterwards in knowing Georgia could just as soon have won this game as Alabama. I used to hate to say it but now I don't mind saying it: For that effort, I do hope you get your National Title (you who haven't experieced one) when you have that kind of talent and that you get to have this feeling I had last year and right now.

J

Unfortunately, Shawn Williams is a senior and the CapOne game will be his last suiting up for Georgia. Definitely gonna miss him, he really set the tone and sparked this team to play better.

As far as keeping hope alive, I think next season will be an adequate test for these guys to see if they have what it takes. Spurrier got that easy schedule he's been crying for and even though Lattimore is out of the picture, that team should make a push for Atlanta. 2013 should be an interesting season for the East. I can totally see it shaking out similar to this season where Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina are all in the top 10. No idea who makes it to the Dome though.

This loss to Bama is gonna sting for a long time.

I think Pollack is an idiot. He was a solid player for us, but he annoys me to no end. When he was on 790, he was almost as painful as the Two Live Stews and equally as brutal as listening to Buck.

Turkey: to me Pollack was so much better than 790 the zone. but one has to start somewhere.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion about him. But when I listen to him, I hear a football player (one who was darned good too), actually talk football, and not just broadcast hype.

you can tell he is studying this stuff by the way he names names when talking about teams and what they can or should do to win.

He has made remarks (on radio) that I did not like. Remarks that have nothing to do with football. But like I said, I think his actual college football analysis is the best of anybody on ESPN. I think he can become their brightest broadcast star one day.

J

I don't see it as being purposely against. He gives UGA props when they deserve it and keeps it pretty objective imo. Some people just choose to view all those analysts through the prism of fandom... non UGA fans call Pollack a homer when he says anything positive at all, while many UGA fans think he's purposely going against his school.

To me, Palmer and Pollack are probably the least biased college guys ESPN has. They always seem to have a far better idea of the teams that they're talking about in detail. Most everyone else can't even get player names right.

Turkey: to me Pollack was so much better than 790 the zone. but one has to start somewhere.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion about him. But when I listen to him, I hear a football player (one who was darned good too), actually talk football, and not just broadcast hype.

you can tell he is studying this stuff by the way he names names when talking about teams and what they can or should do to win.

He has made remarks (on radio) that I did not like. Remarks that have nothing to do with football. But like I said, I think his actual college football analysis is the best of anybody on ESPN. I think he can become their brightest broadcast star one day.

J

My opinion of him has little to do with his analysis of football, which although I found it lacking while on 790, I think he has improved. I just think he's a clown.

And I have no problem if he predicts the Dawgs to lose a game, as I think that makes him more credible.

My opinion of him has little to do with his analysis of football, which although I found it lacking while on 790, I think he has improved. I just think he's a clown.

And I have no problem if he predicts the Dawgs to lose a game, as I think that makes him more credible.

Turkeydawg: I must say I wonder if we are talking about the same person. I never ever even thought of David Pollack as being a clown. yet that's how you see him.

Turkeydawg: I must say I wonder if we are talking about the same person. I never ever even thought of David Pollack as being a clown. yet that's how you see him.

I'm basing it off a particular incident where I saw him act like a jack leg and his annoying personality on 790. Great collegiate football player, clownish personality wise.

Anyone who calls people "dawg" and refers to money as "cheddar", irk me.

I'm basing it off a particular incident where I saw him act like a jack leg and his annoying personality on 790. Great collegiate football player, clownish personality wise.

Anyone who calls people "dawg" and refers to money as "cheddar", irk me.

Turkey, I understand a little bit better now.

I always felt that while he was at 790, he was just trying to act like the veterans there, that that really wasn't his style or who he actually was. I met David once, during a break in a broadcast, and I must say I was glad to actually chat with this former Bulldog.

So I think that David is/has become the professional sports analyst he was meant to be, now that he has been and is being groomed by the real pros at ESPN, and not those whatever you want to call them on this little local radio station. I stopped listening to 790 during that time slot once David left.

J