Here We Go Again

fansince78

The Falcons have won the division and are close to the #1 seed again. Some people (both analysts and some fans) are thinking it will be yet another repeat of playoff failures we've seen in recent years. They say all the signs are there. They point to the OL and the DL and say the team will not stand a chance against a "physical" team in the playoffs. Yeah...all of the teams the Falcons have played so far were just mental teams, I guess...LOL.

Some say that no one is afraid to face the Falcons in the playoffs. That is fine and I would hope they would not be. Drew Brees was certainly not afraid to face them, but if you looked at his eyes as the game progressed, fear did come into play. Some would say that Brees just had a bad game and the Falcons were just lucky. Quarterbacks like Brees and Manning don't just have bad games, they have bad games because they are facing a defense they can not predict.

Any scenario is possible once the playoffs start, but none is predicted by what we've seen. Those who are looking for signs and who believe in predictions should be more worried about December 21st than the playoffs anyway.

The 9ners don't scare me one bit with that bozo tandem they have at quarterback. They have lost badly twice this season once to the Vikiings. They also tied & lost to a bad Rams team. The Giants are hit & miss. Honestly, there isn't a team in the NFC or NFL that scares me against this squad.

The Falcons have won the division and are close to the #1 seed again. Some people (both analysts and some fans) are thinking it will be yet another repeat of playoff failures we've seen in recent years. They say all the signs are there. They point to the OL and the DL and say the team will not stand a chance against a "physical" team in the playoffs. Yeah...all of the teams the Falcons have played so far were just mental teams, I guess...LOL.

Some say that no one is afraid to face the Falcons in the playoffs. That is fine and I would hope they would not be. Drew Brees was certainly not afraid to face them, but if you looked at his eyes as the game progressed, fear did come into play. Some would say that Brees just had a bad game and the Falcons were just lucky. Quarterbacks like Brees and Manning don't just have bad games, they have bad games because they are facing a defense they can not predict.

Any scenario is possible once the playoffs start, but none is predicted by what we've seen. Those who are looking for signs and who believe in predictions should be more worried about December 21st than the playoffs anyway.

Which concerns me greatly as to not view another Bill Murray version of ground hog day in the playoffs

I'm a Saints fan, but the falcons are a fun team to watch (except for last thursday nite).I like teams that manage to stay in the game every week.I won't be wearing a falcons jersey come playoff time, but I will watch all of their games.

Man you are wrong for that Miss Georgia pic

The Falcons have won the division and are close to the #1 seed again. Some people (both analysts and some fans) are thinking it will be yet another repeat of playoff failures we've seen in recent years. They say all the signs are there. All these media folk are just parrots and repeat the same thing over and over and over again. What other team are they bringing up past year's performance? I've learned to tune them out. Different year, different coordinators leading this team.

Some say that no one is afraid to face the Falcons in the playoffs. They don't have to be afraid. Falcons are gonna get after that azz though. Some would say that Brees just had a bad game and the Falcons were just lucky. Quarterbacks like Brees and Manning don't just have bad games, they have bad games because they are facing a defense they can not predict. Exactly! The defense made Brees have a bad game.

Past performance is NOT indicative of future results!!! Anyone with common sense realizes this.

Anyone with common sense would be foolish to ignore the obvious shortcomings when mentioning Falcons past history in the Playoffs

I guess some see the Falcons as the little engine that just can't. It will be up to them to change that and no thread on a message board will change anyone's mind. I am optimistic though and my disappointments go back to the 70's. I think there is good reason for optimism with the changes the team has made this year and we will just see how that plays out.