#1 Seed Just Got Closer.. Bears Lose, 49Ers Lose

@CAR, NYG, @DET, TB

not a chance in hades Falcons go worse than 2-2 through those four games.

maybe not de jure, but definitely de facto - Atlanta will be the #1 seed for the 2nd time in 3 seasons.

With the Bears and 49ers losing our path the the #1 seed and home field throughout the Playoffs just became a little more likely.\

The Giants, Bears and Packers all have 4 losses, The 49ers now have 3. We now have some margin for error and can still walk away with the #1 seed.

Just off the top of my head, I am guessing we would lose most tie breakers in case we finish 12-4. All of our losses would come against NFC teams if that were the case. Giants lost to an AFC team, Packers, Bears, did too,and 49ers don't matter with their tie. They would need to lose again though (@NE).

Of course, we shouldn't finish no worse than 13-3, hopefully 15-1.

Edited by jeffro2000

Just off the top of my head, I am guessing we would lose most tie breakers in case we finish 12-4. All of our losses would come against NFC teams if that were the case. Giants lost to an AFC team, Packers, Bears, did too,and 49ers don't matter with their tie. They would need to lose again though (@NE).

Of course, we shouldn't finish no worse than 13-3, hopefully 15-1.

you are correct sir......i did the playoff machine. If Falcons beat the Panthers but lose last three - both Packers/Bears would have tiebreaker advantage if both teams are 12-4. I feel confident that Niners will lose one more with road games versus Patriots/Seahags - so the best they could be would be 11-4-1.......so they don't really scare me from playoff seedings.

Wish Packers could've lost but overall a very very productive weekend for the Falcons.

Lets go RGIII!!!!

The Thursday night victory over the Taints just made the losses by San Fran and da Bears even sweeter. Way to go, Dirty Birds, you've earned a lot more respect than you're getting for what you've accomplished this season. You've spit in the eye of all your detractors here and in the national sports media with your determination and will to win week in and week out. You deserve to get that first Super Bowl victory this year and I think you have as good a chance as any team in the league to get'er done. Congrats on the NFC South crown and good luck to everyone at FB.

Edited by PokerSteve