Hfa Clinching Scenarios

The legitimate competition for HFA are the

Giants 7-4

Chicago 8-3

Green Bay 7-4

San Francisco 8-2-1

I wanted to compile the HFA scenarios.

1. Basically, Our magic number is 3 with only San Fran and Chicago being able to lose and affect that number.

2. Win any three games of our next 4 games. HFA clinched

3. If San Fran and Chicago lose today, our magic number is 2 to clinch HFA. (In this scenario, next week now involves Chicago, San Fran, Green Bay, and Giants all losing OR us winning to bring the number to 1 to clinch).

4. If the Giants or Packers lose one game, our number is one to eliminate them from HFA competition.

5. The only remaining game amongst these teams is us vs Giants, and Chicago vs GB.

6. This is all based on the assumption of all teams we are competing with winning out(exception of Green Bay vs Chicago, one of those is guaranteed a loss or tie)

7. These are scenarios where we win outright. I haven't gone through tiebreaker scenarios if it comes down to matching records. We cannot tie San Fran due to their tie with St Louis, so it's either we have more wins than them or we don't. If we finish with the same number of wins, they will be considered to have a better record

Hope this helps shed some light on clinching scenarios

good info...hfa is nice but the Falcons must shore up the following 4 phases of the game if we are to win a playoff game.

1) Run blocking - a little worried...has been getting better as of late but that may be skewed by the emergence of a productive Rogers.

2) Pass blocking - getting better

3) Rush defense - a little worried though they are getting better.

4) Defensive pass rush - a little worried. We are banged up at corner and a pass rush is a must.

Big games are won in the trenches.

Look at our upcoming potential playoff opponents...they are physical. The Falcons must match that physicality or we are going to wind up right back where we wer the last 2 playoff games.

Too many variables to even come close to figuring out the tie breaker possibilities.

I think 2 will be enough but you are right, 3 is the definite clinch.

This is why when the scaredy cats were nervous about labeling the saints game as important (before the game) I said it was really important. Even though I suspected that finishing 3-2 will be enough I didn't want to have the sure-fire clinch requiring we win all of the remaining games after a loss. I, also, do not want HFA to come down to the last drive of the last game.

Too many variables to even come close to figuring out the tie breaker possibilities.

I think 2 will be enough but you are right, 3 is the definite clinch.

This is why when the scaredy cats were nervous about labeling the saints game as important (before the game) I said it was really important. Even though I suspected that finishing 3-2 will be enough I didn't want to have the sure-fire clinch requiring we win all of the remaining games after a loss. I, also, do not want HFA to come down to the last drive of the last game.

Newest update. With a San Fran and Chicago lost, 2 wins clinched HFA with a NFC best of 13-3.

We can clinch next week with a win over Carolina AND a loss by all of the following teams

1. Chicago

2. San Francisco

3. Green Bay

4. Giants (Giants loss will not be relevant if they lose tomorrow night)