Are You A True Falcon Fan?

youngbloodz

I've never pulled for the team, or a player to fail. I'm thrilled to eat crow about Sam Baker and Chris Owens. I always want to be proved wrong. Sadly, there are a few around here that hope Matt fails.

Even with UGA, I am not a Mark Richt fan, and I'm aggravated that we've been just good enough for him to keep his job, but I would never pull for UGA to lose, even though, I wouldn't be that sad to see him go, although I'd much rather him prove me wrong.

These boards have always had posters like that. They post so much negative stuff, that they paint their credibility into a corner. So, if the player they don't like does well, they look stoopid. We had Birdweiserrr who hated Vick. Daddy Knows Best preferred Duckett over Dunn. Of course we have tons of (suddenly very quiet) Matt Ryan haters. Just admit that you're wrong; you'll feel much better. And never, ever, EVER root against the team. Fredo Corleone did that and you know what happened to him.

I'm in my "Randy Quaid Circa major league" attitude for the Falcons right now. It's not that i don't want the Falcons to win or want anybody gone, But I percieve our offensive talent on paper to be one of the best in the league, so when I see us game after game squeeking games out against decent to garbage opposition I'm like "what the heck"?. Just like thursday this offense came out bullying N.O. then all of sudden crap storm and making the game more interesting then it needed to be and I perplexed as to why we just can't keep our foots on anyones throat.

I mean overall I was pleased with the win. Double digit win and defense played great..... but come on man 5 turnovers and you get 6 points?

I'd like to believe that everyone on this board are Falcons fans... with the exception of the fans of other teams that come on here to troll. But even though we are all Falcons fans... their are different levels of fanhood. Some people dedicated less time talking/reading about the Falcons and other people on here literally live for this team.

I watched every game of the 2007 season so I feel like I earned my badge of loyalty lol.

Ummmm I never ever want any of our players to fail. That is silly. I do get grumpy when they don't succeed though. Turner has been my biggest complaint this year (I know I'm not alone), but when he does well I am thrilled. Every fan is different though and we all react to adversity differently as well.

There have been players on the team I've hated, well maybe not hate, actually yea hated but never have I wanted them to fail. I couldn't stand anything about D. Robinson up until the Bucs game but after it took three trainers to put him on the bench AND he wanted to watch the last play I've done a complete 180 with him. Back on topic... to want a player to fail which would hurt the team makes me curious as to why someone would want to be a fan of said team. It makes no sense.

I would love a stat junky to show me this years NFL wide PR yardage. I think Franks longest was the 8yder which 5 came from a dang penalty.

during the game they showed the stat that says his longest is 28 yards I said to myself "when the **** did he do that?" I never remember him gaining more than a few here & there.

I'm a true fan. It upsets me when the Falcons lose. And it makes me happy when they win. All of the other crap debating players and liking some more than others has nothing to do with whether or not you're a true fan. Your fandom is measured by the emotion you have tied up into the team.

For the record, I do want to see every player on this team succeed but I can see where the one poster was coming from. Turner gets a lot of heat for his down season but he is getting hit in the backfield a lot. People get tired of the bashing of one player that has meant a lot to this team's success over the years. I think their player fandom makes them want to see that player succeed along with the team so they are moreso saying they wish people would see the real problem and not put it all on one guy's shoulders.

The reality is that when Turner has a hole to run through, he picks up yards.

I want every Falcon to do great. I would, however, prefer to see other players get more chances than they currently are given. More carries for Quizz, more use of Antone Smith, more use of Toone.. In the case of the last 2, I'd just like to see them given a shot or two.

But to actually want another player to fail to prove a point.. only an idiot would want that.

What i would really love to see is Franks carry his bags out the door and HD returning punts. I never thought that losing Weems would have had this much of an impact on our special teams. All the lost return yards and the relentless effort in getting to their punt returner. A big lose in the punt game.

That's what I want to know. One fan wanted Quizz to start AND do horrible. His reasoning was because it would show that the offensive line was the problem. We all know the line can't run block consistently. That won't be fixed in season. So is it possible to be a true fan of any team if you want a player on that team to fail? I'm just asking opinions on it cause I don't think so. But others may have a different opinion

I thinc Im a true Falcon Fan. I thinc ive been one for the past 35 years.

I love this team through think and thin. I get frustraed when we run a bad play espically when I yell at the tv telling them not to run it on 3rd down and they do it anyway and don't get the 1st down. But all in all I support this team through thick and thin win or loss. I am one of the biggest die hard fans you will ever meet. With that said..... GO FALCONS!!!!! RISE UP!!!!!!